Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it still worth playing?

Is this game still worth playing?

Comments

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

Not sure,

The last time I played it (subbed up a month to check back in which was several months back) the servers were pretty dead. There were small groups of players banded together out fighting in small skirmishes in T3 areas and such but nothing on the scale of what the game was built for.

The starter area was redone, simplified down more, and almost noone was in T1 zone.

I would love to say YES! go back to WAR and crush your enemies, sadly though I think it would be wasting your money at this point.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Nope..it is not worth the monthly price tag considering you have much better MMOS to choose from. There is a reason why it only has 2 servers now (last time i checked). 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• MildozeMildoze Member UncommonPosts: 10

Not in a million years. I bought the game at launch, and like most mmos, launch had it's fare share of problems. The PVP was where it was at in this game. The first 20+ levels had some nice solo stuff, but nothing that would have knocked your socks off. After that, it was like the devs knew they only had time to make either pvp or pve, and they went with pvp. It worked well, although it was annoying to get locked out of the tier 4 sieges due to player limits, only to have your side lose. PVE was pretty lackluster, which really bummed me out and :fairwarning: ruined my perception of this game. Which the Warhammer franchise has always been near and dear to me, so I really had a high tolerance for this game, because I wanted it to do well. They did nail the atmosphere, but it's almost like they just fired the guy who was designing all the pve after he finished enough content for the classes to reach lvl 20.
    Today, this game is a shadow of its former self. They streamlined pve EVEN more and the population has dropped so much that the RvR as it was termed, is pretty much over except for the first tier. There was a moba-like in development using the setting and assets from this game, but I only played a little in open beta on that, nothing to remark there.
    I was truly sad this MMO didn't do well. I really wanted it too... seems to be a trend for me. Take a game out at launch, maybe spend a few weeks together, and then I get really know her. That's about the time I realize; it's just not worth the time and effort to get to the good parts.

TL:DR ? Don't waste your time. There are waaaaay better games out there. Try Rift if you're into PVE and head over to Guild Wars 2 if you want a good, solid PVP experience. The PVE is good, but PVP is where it is at in that game.

• BrinaghBrinagh Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I wish this game would go F2P.    Not that I'm not willing to pay for it, as I would totally subscribe again if there was a player base.   It just would be nice for the game to get an influx of new players so the lower areas were not so dead.    I also stopped playing because everything I loved about the game requires multpile people to do.   When the game is empty there is no desire to play.  I agree with the other posters, the state of the game currently I would not go back.
  • Awc80Awc80 Member UncommonPosts: 9

Funny how everyone that replied doesn't play anymore and think they know it all.

There isn't much development for new stuff, but the RvR is still the best out  there.

And the 2 remaining servers still has a healthy population.

Not like it was at launch but there is still keep sieges with 100+ people.

• Originally posted by Awc80
    Funny how everyone that replied doesn't play anymore and think they know it all.

There isn't much development for new stuff, but the RvR is still the best out  there.

And the 2 remaining servers still has a healthy population.

Not like it was at launch but there is still keep sieges with 100+ people.

I love War and I played this game several years. I stopped playing when Azgal and Norn merged. When I came back 1 month ago t1,t2 and t3 was basically empty. I have a rr97 marauder and a rr78 shadow warrior but I really wanna create a squig herder. So how is the population in low tiers now?

@Mildoze

Sorry but what you have said is almost completely false and absurd. You don't even know what means Warhammer do you? You said pve? Really!? Poor you...

T3 is pretty decent, population swings from hour to hour but you can still get some very decent fights there.

T2 might have gotten a little boost since the Ekrund event that let you xp up to 39 in 4-5hrs is currently off.

But most action is T3/T4 like it's been for a while.

The no XP books have lead a lot of players stick around in T3 as long as they want to.

Sure that will lead to some twinks but there is always non twinks to kill.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    What is the endless trial level cap? I remember having a lot of run in T1 RvR a long time ago.

• Originally posted by Awc80
    T3 is pretty decent, population swings from hour to hour but you can still get some very decent fights there.

T2 might have gotten a little boost since the Ekrund event that let you xp up to 39 in 4-5hrs is currently off.

But most action is T3/T4 like it's been for a while.

The no XP books have lead a lot of players stick around in T3 as long as they want to.

Sure that will lead to some twinks but there is always non twinks to kill.

Thanks. I activated my account again last night and actually suprised. Population on low tiers are not bad at all. And that xp books are amazing. I will stick around in T3 a lot too actually :P

@Shadowguy64

Endless trial level cap 12 or 15 I think.

Endless trial is max lvl 10rr20.

And restricted to Tier 1 Emp/Chaos.

@Wyd Will see you in the T3 lakes then :-)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    It needs another business model to replace the current one. There isn't enough people anymore to warrant a subscription fee. You actually need people in order for rvr to work.
  • EyrothathEyrothath Member UncommonPosts: 200
    This game was fun, its in maintenance mode now (no more patches) they just have like 2 devs running it to keep the servers in check, that's basically it.. There might be a small patch every now and then.. One of my biggest problems with the game is that crafting was horrid, the world could have been more opened and the combat could have been WAY better imo, it really needed a better combat system in terms of PVP and some of the RVR maps I found rather tedious.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

My memories of WAR are:

Tier 1 was  a blast

Tier 2 was OK

Tier 3 and 4 were terrible

The CC made the last 2 tiers pretty much unplayable....I dont imagine that has changed at all...The game is free to level 10 so tier 1 rvr is probably still good but beyond that I doubt the game is worth playing.

Originally posted by Theocritus

My memories of WAR are:

Tier 1 was  a blast

Tier 2 was OK

Tier 3 and 4 were terrible

The CC made the last 2 tiers pretty much unplayable....I dont imagine that has changed at all...The game is free to level 10 so tier 1 rvr is probably still good but beyond that I doubt the game is worth playing.

Well the last patch of any size was a CC patch....

Not that everyone liked it but it's a lot more fluent now.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I would get back into playing some if they allowed me to use my current account to play the endless trial, I dont want to reactivate my account and then realize yep, I am bored.  Should just allow for new char on old accounts to do endless trial