Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeremy soule is the composer

13»

Comments

• JWillCHSJWillCHS Member UncommonPosts: 75
    People who were looking forward to The Elder Scrolls Online were wondering why Jeremy Soule was only doing the main theme for the game. It looks like he's putting all his efforts into EverQuest Next! xD
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by tixylix
    Originally posted by spookydom
    If anybody was worried about EQN having a bad soundtrack then don't. The boy Jeremy is on the case.

Look at his history, he's done a lot of bad ones in the past.

and tons of amazing ones, so what's your point?  He isn't the perfect person?.  You know even my favorite bands and cd's have songs I don't like. 

• JWillCHSJWillCHS Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by Margulis
    If anybody was worried about EQN having a bad soundtrack then don't. The boy Jeremy is on the case.

and tons of amazing ones, so what's your point?  He isn't the perfect person?.  You know even my favorite bands and cd's have songs I don't like. 

I will say that Skyrim had a really big impact on his career. One of the biggest reason why I felt the 5th installment of The Elder Scrolls was so immersive(for me anyway) was the music  he created. In fact he's writing a classical symphony called the Northerner which was influenced by his creation of TESV's OST. After hearing rough version of the main theme to EQ Next and loving the soundtrack from Skyrim(Oblivion and Morrowind)...I definitely won't be disappointed.

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    https://www.facebook.com/mrsoule/posts/10151794120020993

Jessica, it may seem that way, but I have really only been involved in small additional music support roles for most MMO products outside of Guild Wars... In other words, I was a member of larger teams of composers, and in some cases I didn't contribute more than several minutes (at most) to these products. Everquest Next marks the start of an exclusive relationship between myself and Sony Online Entertainment. It will be my musical home for the foreseeable future in games. And the game has a team that could achieve what I believe to be a #1 hit. If you're looking for the Next major experience of a game with my music, it will be Everquest Next for years to come.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

The new theme sucks, it's so generic and boring.....

They should have remixed the original EverQuest theme like they do for The Elder Scrolls games each time. 

If you really listen to it it's clearly not "done".

If you sing it, just the theme, remove all the musical tissue around it or the repetition of the theme that appears in other registers it feels more like a "first part". Like a "slow mannheim rocket" (well, sort of) which is a musical term for an arpeggiated "bit" that starts low and builds, moving up in register as it does. Generally much faster hence the "rocket" part.

Or at least that's the effect that struck me. It's essentially a small theme moving up in register and it feels like it's leading to something. There's more "material" there than what would comprise a mannheim rocket (even if it would be "slow").

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Jeremy is a great composter. Looking forward to his jam in EQN.
  • kruluxkrulux Member Posts: 229

--- picking up from the locked thread---

The old saying is still true;  "Opinions are like assholes, we all got one and some thinks theirs don't stink" /err something close to that.... :p

Everyone is entitled to their opinion... I think Jeremy Soule's music is very good.  I wish I had half his musical talent.

What kills me though is the often cruel and hateful way some folks blast another person's work/art.  Nothing wrong with being a critic - but at least have the respect to do it tactfully

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Couldn't really ask for anyone more epic.
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Who hasn't? Is your rational that we should listen to no composer ever? Is that the point you where trying to make here?  Every single composer who has or will ever live has/will make"Bad Ones" . For my money there is no better composer for a game like like this out there right now.