Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The WHOLE NVidia Driver series 32x.xx.xx is broken for all !!!!!

rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

You have a NVidia grafix card inside your computer ?

Be aware !

If your system has

- hickups

- game crashes or freezes or other uncommon issues

- system crashes every 24 or 36 hrs

- has texture errors

- mousecorsor problems by times

- system freezes

- a grafix driver version of 32x.xx.xx (actual is 326.41)

then its highly safe to say, you better try the best and most stable 314.22 driver TO FIX IT !

The whole 320 driver series has a really serious problem that could entierely destroy your fun while playing games or using your PC at all.

The symptoms can easy lead to other (fail-)solutions, suspecting hardware or software that is totally innocent and working as it should.

Look here:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/33/

Make this information viral and the power users and pro's may help fixing this bitch down, so EVERYONE can enjoy entertainment as it should be.

cheers ^^

Comments

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788

It is quite rediculous.  When I install the new driver.  I can surf the web.  It freezes then blacks out then finally comes back on.  The whole ordeal happens every 5 to 10 minutes and last about 30 seconds.

As a long time NVidia fan and support, I am very disappointed.  So yes, I am still on the 314 driver.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Just remember, a lot of people who buy nVidia do so because they have "better drivers".

/rolls eyes

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I've been having problems with most of the new drivers with SLI and Skyrim this year. I had to roll back to last years drivers to play.

There Is Always Hope!

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

Just remember, a lot of people who buy nVidia do so because they have "better drivers".

/rolls eyes

I don't know about other peeps, but I buy Nvidia cards because I have had 8 amd cards over the course of the past 20 years and every one of them was nothing but driver issues and/or died within 12 months.  I have yet to have a single NVidia card ever die on me and never had a driver issue.  This has been with self built and pre-built systems at home and work (cooling is never an issue btw).  I don't update my drivers unless I need to.  This has been my experience with both companies for both desktops and mobile cards.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    I haven't had a problem yet, so hopefully it gets fixed for those that do.  I am using the latest on my 680.
  • MidBossMidBoss Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by jerlot65

It is quite rediculous.  When I install the new driver.  I can surf the web.  It freezes then blacks out then finally comes back on.  The whole ordeal happens every 5 to 10 minutes and last about 30 seconds.

As a long time NVidia fan and support, I am very disappointed.  So yes, I am still on the 314 driver.

Turning off Hardware acceleration in your browser options may fix that.

It did for me anyway.  Doesn't address the other issues the drivers have been having as of late, but it's a start.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Originally posted by vmoped

/rolls eyes

I don't know about other peeps, but I buy Nvidia cards because I have had 8 amd cards over the course of the past 20 years and every one of them was nothing but driver issues and/or died within 12 months.  I have yet to have a single NVidia card ever die on me and never had a driver issue.  This has been with self built and pre-built systems at home and work (cooling is never an issue btw).  I don't update my drivers unless I need to.  This has been my experience with both companies for both desktops and mobile cards.

Cheers!

Which is interesting when you consider that there were no AMD video cards until 2006, and that's if you start counting from the day they announced the purchase of ATI.  AMD-branded video cards haven't even been around for three years.  If you've gone through eight cards that fast, you're doing something wrong.

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589

just had Eve on 3 monitors with Asus Geforce GTX titan card, ran smooth as silk for 7 hours, 320.49 driver has not had a single hitch or hiccup.

Self built system as all my systems have been for last 14 years, and apart from 2 batchs of drivers released around the time I bought the GTX 800 card (last number cycle) ive never had problems, I have had MORE problems with Windows updates screwing with game applications than Nvidia drivers

• mustang2750mustang2750 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Yup.  I started experiencing my computer randomly shutting off or resetting and blue screen errors after I downloaded the new drivers.  I didn't realize what the problem was at first b/c it didnt start happening until 2-3 days after downloading.  After about a week of dealing with constant resets and blue screens I downloaded an older version and havent had a single problem since then.
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Quizzical

/rolls eyes

Cheers!

Which is interesting when you consider that there were no AMD video cards until 2006, and that's if you start counting from the day they announced the purchase of ATI.  AMD-branded video cards haven't even been around for three years.  If you've gone through eight cards that fast, you're doing something wrong.

But a "Cheers!" sounds better than a "/rolls eyes," so he wins the argument of exaggerations!

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    since I downloaded the new drivers my computer has been freezing or going to a black screen how do i get an older stable driver? I have a geforce gts 450
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Abimor
    since I downloaded the new drivers my computer has been freezing or going to a black screen how do i get an older stable driver? I have a geforce gts 450

Downlaod the 314.22 and all is good again .. your card is ok with that.

The problem with this is that hard, even the NVidia engineers have no idea.

The symptoms often lead to false assumptions, who would think, its a problem within NVidia's driver ? .. i mean .. Nvidia, the original high quality best ever game performer.

So if someone say, his system using a 32x driver is 100% stable, then you are propably gold worth for the NVidia engineers.

Maybe its some weired bios setup, preventing crashes, or not using a software that nearly everyone uses, thats incompatable.

Users report about timed crashes, those have a tase of wrong declared integer variables for example.

The driver is closed source, is there a new gov spy backdoor in ?

Has Snowden made the driver ?

Your system can not be stable with the latest driver, /me not belive :p

• AlmightyXAlmightyX Member UncommonPosts: 26

Dude no way!

This problem has been driving me nuts. My computer keeps making that sound like when u unplug a USB, and it locks up the mouse for a moment every time. It occurs so randomly I couldn't figure out what was causing it. I just recently formatted my PC and re-installed everything so couldn't pinpoint when this started and if it was a program or windows update.

Checking the event logs didnt seem to help as non of the reports matched the timing. I went through and disabled a bunch of services and startup programs. Machine is running faster than ever but still getting this annoying issue. I even updated my bios lol.

Reverting graphics drivers now. I really hope this fixes it once and for all.

Cheers

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

OP is correct.  All of the recent drivers released after 314.22 are jacked beyond repair.  I've had to revert to 314.22 after each install as well.  Not sure what's going on but it is obvious they have lost their way. 

Make it viral, guys !
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

/sneeze

/doesn't wash hands

that help any?

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

I had installed the drivers immediately after 314.22 and my PC could NOT run for more than 15 minutes under any circumstance. I reverted obviously.

I'm almost positive this problem is STILL going on but I'm not foolish enough to actually try it myself.

It seems focused on cards that don't still cost 300 dollars or more, fishy.

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271

same probs as you guys i rolled back to 314.21 and having no problems any driver after that and i have issues

as mentioned  by op.on the nvidia driver page to the left there is a link for archived drivers.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Quizzical

/rolls eyes

Cheers!

Yea I know they used to be/are ATI cards.  Everyone always says its the user, so after the first three I only had them in prebuilt systems and still had the same problems (Dell, Gateway, Asus, Cyberware, and HP).  I have built numerous windows and linux based systems for home and at work, always issues with their drivers or chipsets.  No overclocking or tweaking.  As I stated, these have been my personal experiences with their cards.  I hear good stories about them from some, but I have yet to have one.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• HornytoadHornytoad Member Posts: 7
    I have the GTX-650 and the latest version driver. No problemos :)
  • AlmightyXAlmightyX Member UncommonPosts: 26

I reverted back to 314.22 and still having the problem.

I might try an earlier driver later. If it isn't caused by the Nvidia drivers then I have no idea what it is. Pretty much tried everything else.

Originally posted by Hornytoad
    I have the GTX-650 and the latest version driver. No problemos :)

This is somewhat interesting.

Nos Problemos means, no crashes, no hickups, no unexplainable behaviours and ofc no grafic problems.

May i ask what other hardware you got in your computer ?

Then it would be interesting, what software you usually use.

Another importand questions would be, if other users with a gtx650 are also free of problems, just to exclude the hardware series change as the driver problem, series 1-5 vs. series 6+.

We look for a pattern and there is another user here with a 800ish card and nos problemos.

As im using a 560 my self and have these driver issues, i consider my card "old".

Can it be, the 6xx+ cards do not have this problem ?

Originally posted by AlmightyX

I might try an earlier driver later. If it isn't caused by the Nvidia drivers then I have no idea what it is. Pretty much tried everything else.

have you tried another mouse / keyboard ?

could be a broken weire in the cable, the sound is from binding a device into or out of system as you already mentioned ^^.

does it happen, when there is no USB plugged in at all ?

I doubt that those probs are related to grafix driver.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404

Built a pc for my wife as hers was getting old.

cpu- i5 3570k

mb- msi  gd65

gpu- msi gtx 760 OC version

Been using it about 3 - 4 months now and no issues like others have mentioned in this thread. Have driver 320.49 installed.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Originally posted by rawfox
    Originally posted by AlmightyX

have you tried another mouse / keyboard ?

could be a broken weire in the cable, the sound is from binding a device into or out of system as you already mentioned ^^.

does it happen, when there is no USB plugged in at all ?

I doubt that those probs are related to grafix driver.

Intel i7-3930

64 gig of ddr3

Asus GeForce GTX titian

Win 7 professional

OH and the nicest MOBO I have ever built a system on the Asus Sabretooth motherboard.

I have not had a single issue, not one, comp is on at least 7 hours a day, running up to 3 monitors depending on tasks, using AutoCAD, running 3 screens of Eve, Flight simulator using 3 screens as one, smooth as silk.

Only theory I can offer, I built this rig just over a month ago, and as always got the latest BIOS version  for board, could this be a BIOS related issue as not affecting everyone.

Its still a Nvidia driver issue, but only affecting people with certain MOBO's and BIOS versions, similar to the old 800 series issues of about 6 years ago,(bit of a guess, was awhile back and BIOS was issue)