Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Prediction regarding Blizzard/Titan...

HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

Just putting it down on "paper" now so i can point to this later.

I predict within 6 months we will see more information about Titan, and it will copy at minimum 80% of the new features from EQ:Next.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comments

• KaledrenKaledren Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

I predict within 6 months we will see more information about Titan, and it will copy at minimum 80% of the new features from EQ:Next.

Sadly...probably right.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

That would be awesome. That would mean that EQN came up with some brilliant ideas. It will also mean Blizzard can take those ideas and make them better.

I hope you're right.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    And deliver them better?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243

12 mths minimum, more like 24 mths.

They will want to see EQN stable before they analyse and copy.

Originally posted by Shadowguy64

That would be awesome. That would mean that EQN came up with some brilliant ideas. It will also mean Blizzard can take those ideas and make them better.

I hope you're right.

More like make them far easier.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    We will only see Titan when WoW loses a significant number of subscribers and profits dip to that level only set by the Blizz/Activision Board. Until then Titan will stay under wraps.
  • PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    another gimmick like WoW.
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by Kaledren

I hope you're right.

Maybe it only seems easier because the original was crap.

I hope you're right.

LOL! Ok bud. That's why the original is still running, still has a playerbase, and still pumping out expansions.

Glad it appears you won't be playing EQ Next. Kind of hoping they do copy...which they will in large portions as the OP said. Then certain players will flock there and not to EQ Next to whine why the game sucks because it isn't catering to them, etc, etc.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

I wouldn't be surprised.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Originally posted by waynejr2

I wouldn't be surprised.

I would be. Blizz usually doesn't reveal info about their games until  they are pretty far along in their dev process. Considering they said that they just restarted the dev process on Titan and removed all but a skeleton crew to work on TItan, I doubt we'll see anything about it for the next two years.

Blizz is almost as bad as Valve when it comes to letting is in on info about their games until they're almost done.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    What if it's not an MMO at all in the new incarnation?
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by maplestone
    What if it's not an MMO at all in the new incarnation?

That's what I said.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445

I hope you're right.

the original WoW was not crap, it  did a great job ripping off every other games systems , throwing them under a cartoony look,  dumbing down them and releasing it .

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Yeah - definitely going free to play.  In fact they would be silly not too since that's where the market is now.  But how can they copy EQN when nobody even knows the features of EQN?
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    Yeah - definitely going free to play.  In fact they would be silly not too since that's where the market is now.  But how can they copy EQN when nobody even knows the features of EQN?

As of tomorrow they will, and from there on as they release more.

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Originally posted by TheHavok

easy!

step one, formulate the world

step two , populate the world,  get graphic engine  ready, get graphic modelling ready, characters ready, get servers ready,  have website bones ready to add fill.

everything ready to go.

step three, watch EQN, ESO, ect, see what works, what doesn't, flood the forums with polls, get info, crunch info. incorporate different aspects,  test .

step four, incorporate all the good ideas,toss the bad, and release titan.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

I hope you're right.

LOL! Ok bud. That's why the original is still running, still has a playerbase, and still pumping out expansions.

Glad it appears you won't be playing EQ Next. Kind of hoping they do copy...which they will in large portions as the OP said. Then certain players will flock there and not to EQ Next to whine why the game sucks because it isn't catering to them, etc, etc.

ROFLMAO. Oh god, i literally spewed water across my screen when i read "...still pumping out expansions".

That has to be the funniest shit i've ever read in my life.  Trion has released more content in Rift (and better content at that) than blizzard has in 9 years in less than 2 years.  And just in case you think im some Trion fanboy, i quit Rift quite a while ago because i was pissed at the direction they took.  But, truth where truth matters.

Blizzard would have a hard time taking a shit on a reasonable schedule.  The reality is they've spent their "oh its blizzard people will wait for us to "make it right" capital.  They've become just like every other lazy ass developer who is banking on their fanbase buying their shitty products based simply on their name (read: Mass Effect/SWTOR).

I can't wait for Titan to come out, flop horribly so i can laugh heartily at all the butt hurtery that will ensue.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!

"I don't know anything about Titan or EQN but EQN is going to be awesome and Blizzard will steal their awesome because they are ass-butts!" (Just watched the last episode of Supernatural season five. One of Castiel's best lines!) 

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Kyleran
    And deliver them better?

Most likely not... But at least they'll try and mix & match lots of features of other games to make it LOOK better :p

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by Nadia

Blizzard already leaning to ftp

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/01/blizzards-titan-unlikely-to-be-a-subscription-based-mmorpg/

And where does it say "titan will be f2p"? without subscription also means b2p like console online games. or it can also be b2p with optional sub. the reason why blizzard games are played by millions of players is exclusivity, without that exclusivity no one will pay them. f2p removes all kind of exclusivity from a game, it will do bliizard more harm than good. and even now i can predict that upon launch of titan around 10 million will purchase it and it will be another "casualcraft",  very sadly. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

I played everquest when it 1st came out for about 6 months. and i have played WOW and still playing it. there was and is nothing in WoW that even remotely matches Everquest. we never had to camp 10 hours and kill trash in WoW so that a boss would appear and then when the boss is almost dead some outsider jerk would attack and get the last hit to get all loots. i don't have any idea what kind of copy-paste you guys are talking about. if you want to say : "EQ is mmorpg and WOW is also a mmorpg that came after EQ, so WoW copied EQ" ok i get it it now, fine then EQ is copy-paste of UO and UO is copy-paste of NW and we can go even further until we arrive at time when 1st pen and paper rpg came in market. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    I guess this proves, the good minds behind WoW at Blizzard really did move on to Titan, leaving behind WoW, if they deciding to copy others again.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466

saying that Blizzard will blatantly copy someone else's work, be it gameplay or IP, is like saying the sun will rise tomorrow too.

hardly a prediction.

they havent done anything original since the 90's.