Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

EQNext WIll Be "Hardcore"? Confirmed From Beta Signup?

13»

Comments

  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,455Member Uncommon

    I think they are using it as a marketing term.

    "Hardcore" could mean anything. could mean a "serious, depth filled experience".

    Remember when the devs said that SWToR was going to have epic combat?

    Well, on one hand it can be looked at as "epic". It's fast, furious, a lot of visual presence. But the again some people thought that was a joke and challenged it being "epic".

    I wouldn't read anything into this.

  • PAL-18PAL-18 AnachronoxPosts: 802Member
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud
    Originally posted by Deolus
    Originally posted by Nadia
    I hope hardcore means death experience penalty

    Me too but without the level loss.

    I remember binding at and going afk at the Ocean of Tears pier at level 16. When I got back I was level 12!

     

    Level loss if OK in my book.

    I bet you learned from that misstake though. image

    I loved level drains in Moria (Rogue like)

    get to level 20 for example ,HP gains per level was based on constitution.

    lvl 20 ,con 8 ,hp lets say 300

    a)max con,with potions or something.

    b)let some mushroom or something level drain you to lvl 1

    c)drink restore exp potion or level potion or something like that.

    and voila new more powerfull character has born ,lvl 20,con 18.99 and hp 900.

    Level drains can be cool also :)

    Might work in many D&D based games,or not.

    So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.
    By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar:http://cyberpunk.net/**

  • donpopukidonpopuki Dearborn, MIPosts: 591Member
    "Hardcore" is like "fresh" and "natural"
  • killahhkillahh calgary, ABPosts: 437Member
    Originally posted by PAL-18
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud
    Originally posted by Deolus
    Originally posted by Nadia
    I hope hardcore means death experience penalty

    Me too but without the level loss.

    I remember binding at and going afk at the Ocean of Tears pier at level 16. When I got back I was level 12!

     

    Level loss if OK in my book.

    I bet you learned from that misstake though. image

    I loved level drains in Moria (Rogue like)

    get to level 20 for example ,HP gains per level was based on constitution.

    lvl 20 ,con 8 ,hp lets say 300

    a)max con,with potions or something.

    b)let some mushroom or something level drain you to lvl 1

    c)drink restore exp potion or level potion or something like that.

    and voila new more powerfull character has born ,lvl 20,con 18.99 and hp 900.

    Level drains can be cool also :)

    Might work in many D&D based games,or not.

    i loved moria and still have angband on my laptop

     

    Gonada Dahung,over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting....Please Lord, let someone make a game that had all the awesomeness of UO, EQ and EVE...

  • jdnycjdnyc Long Island City, NYPosts: 1,696Member
    Originally posted by Loke666

    Hardcore could mean a number of things, like high difficulty, high time consumption or tough PvP rules (and probably some more things).

    Until they get more specific it is best to not assume anything.

    It's at least encouraging.

     

  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by donpopuki
    "Hardcore" is like "fresh" and "natural"

    i agree but I still hope..

  • PAL-18PAL-18 AnachronoxPosts: 802Member
    Originally posted by killahh

    i loved moria and still have angband on my laptop

    Angband is great!

    Tales of Maj'Eyal: Age of Ascendancy is my new love,its really crazy + some online features and graphics engine.

    to the topic,these are pretty hardcore ,permadeath. SOE pst.

     

    So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.
    By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar:http://cyberpunk.net/**

  • GardavsshadeGardavsshade Cedar Springs, MIPosts: 762Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Sovrath

    I think they are using it as a marketing term.

    "Hardcore" could mean anything. could mean a "serious, depth filled experience".

    Remember when the devs said that SWToR was going to have epic combat?

    Well, on one hand it can be looked at as "epic". It's fast, furious, a lot of visual presence. But the again some people thought that was a joke and challenged it being "epic".

    I wouldn't read anything into this.

    My thoughts exactly. We here on this site don't agree what "Hard Core" or "MMORPG" really means after all. We will have to wait and see what the Devs mean by it.

  • KarbleKarble San Diego, CAPosts: 741Member

    Hardcore..hmmm

    Each char you create only gets one life and if they die you re-roll a new char?

    Full loot pvp?

    Corpse retrieval coming back?

    If you die you lose exp and could even de-level if you lose enough?

    You have to pre-order a zapper wrist band and attach it to your wrist and a usb port. Every time you die it provides low electric zap?

    Instituting hard alcohol drinking games every time you allow a certain bad thing to happen to your char?

    15 hour dungeons with respawns so you have to continue with only a few minutes break in between the mayhem?

    Evil bosses from dungeons we know start comming out of the dungeons with all minions in tow, laying waste to the surrounding towns and players...so basically the game is raiding and you are it's target for raid night?

    They are making it realistic, so if you attack a huge creature, you get owned outright?

    Make it take 2 years to get a char to level 20?

    Make all players start off "naked and afraid"?

     

     

  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member

    Its hardcore 'cause SOE says it is, yo!

     

    Its hardcore 'cause SOE says it is?

    I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

  • PrenhoPrenho AracajuPosts: 298Member
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

    Hardcore could very well mean another endless raid grind game.

    No reason to dance for that...

    still better than GW2 and its lack of meaning after 1 week playing.

  • MargulisMargulis Glendale, AZPosts: 1,614Member
    Originally posted by newbinator
    Yay? I think, depending on what they mean by "hardcore" image

    Same feeling I got - hardcore in what aspect?  Hardcore as in no more handholding gameplay I love, but hardcore as in FFA PVP or something yuck!

  • evilastroevilastro EdinburghPosts: 4,270Member
    I think the instant gratification crowd has grown up and is looking for something more. If everyone is special, then no one is. Bring back the epic.
13»
Sign In or Register to comment.