Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Don't Miss Smed's Keynote Tonight

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
SOE's John Smedley will be giving tonight's keynote address at SOE Live in Las Vegas. A cryptic tweet has appeared on Omeed Dariani's page that entices players and fans to be sure to watch:

I'd tune in to @j_smedley's keynote tonight at 7 PDT - not promising anything... but I'd bet on a little EQN news. http://t.co/FtHja78kVr

— Omeed Dariani (@omeeddariani) August 1, 2013

Tune in at the appointed time at the link above!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Damn I won't be home until 2 hours after that :/

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
     Bah why not just wait one more day to get the real information rather then drooling over some hyped up teaser from the Smed tonight?
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

Smedley announces their plans of how their going to steal your money and ruin your dreams.  I hope EQN succeeds and is a great game.  It'll be the first SOE game allowed on my computer in a loooong time, but I doubt it'll be more than the usual SOE money grab with little support, unless you pay them money, then they'll give you a little support, but nothing like Rift or WoW.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I will get the summery later. My guess it will just be filled with hints of what we maybe hearing with a few fact we already know. 
  • William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Originally posted by Gravarg

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

Smedley announces their plans of how their going to steal your money and ruin your dreams.  I hope EQN succeeds and is a great game.  It'll be the first SOE game allowed on my computer in a loooong time, but I doubt it'll be more than the usual SOE money grab with little support, unless you pay them money, then they'll give you a little support, but nothing like Rift or WoW.

When was the last time you played an SOE game ?  Please explain how PS2, EQ, EQ2, vanguard are money grabs ?   no offense man but they have to make money they have bills just like you and me.   SOE has by far one of the best F2P models.

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Originally posted by William12

When was the last time you played an SOE game ?  Please explain how PS2, EQ, EQ2, vanguard are money grabs ?   no offense man but they have to make money they have bills just like you and me.   SOE has by far one of the best F2P models.

I agree SOE have made some of the best MMOs ever and as for support I have always been answered and fixed within 24 hours in any SOE game I have played.

Originally posted by keenber

I agree SOE have made some of the best MMOs ever and as for support I have always been answered and fixed within 24 hours in any SOE game I have played.

Exactly and if not they do have chat/phone support 5 days a week.

• phildo-au-jusphildo-au-jus Member Posts: 3
    You've obviously never played Planetside 2. Sony has an entirely new direction and I feel like PS2 is just the beginning. If you don't agree with that you're clearly a very highly jaded individual.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    cant wait :D , hope we can see any info about classes
  • health001health001 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    The only thing your gonna see is a 20million dollar CG that wont show you any UI or anything that would actually be in the game..Its soe and smelly we are talking about? your best news is mid week to end.Gotta keep the people buying crap threw the weekend:P best way save the best for last haha
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    i wouldn't expect too much on the EQN front. generally when companies are going into a big reveal in a show like this they will hint at the reveal but won't really give any details. smedley may show a few new images or maybe reveal the box art / new logo or something. i wouldn't bet on seeing much until friday / saturday. 
  • jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by health001
    The only thing your gonna see is a 20million dollar CG that wont show you any UI or anything that would actually be in the game..Its soe and smelly we are talking about? your best news is mid week to end.Gotta keep the people buying crap threw the weekend:P best way save the best for last haha

I agree kind of wit this.  The keynote is just going to be all hype and no real substance.  But I always like to see the first CG of a new game so it would probably still be worth it to see for me  :)

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Seems people are so worried whether this will be a good game they go straight for the hate.
    Relax troops, one day to go, then the tale will be told

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

I am going with the opposite. I followed PS2 very closely and starting with SOE Live they went all in with showing how awesome PS2 was. 

I have never been an SOE hater. PS2 has restored my hope that the future of PC Gaming is looking bright. EQN sounds like it is going to be a big step forward. I am ready!

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    Originally posted by jerlot65

I agree kind of wit this.  The keynote is just going to be all hype and no real substance.  But I always like to see the first CG of a new game so it would probably still be worth it to see for me  :)

SOE never did much in CGs as far as Ive seen... so guess it would be refreshing to see one from them, seem to remember a short one for EQ2 but cant find it now, even on the original installation DVDs

Originally posted by Hedeon
    Originally posted by jerlot65

SOE never did much in CGs as far as Ive seen... so guess it would be refreshing to see one from them, seem to remember a short one for EQ2 but cant find it now, even on the original installation DVDs

It's funny really seeing as Sony has Sony Pictures why not call them up and get  CG made for some of your games right ?  Ask them for the my business helps your business discount lol.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    it doesn't matter how much fake hype this site will try to generate, smedley is still the same old smed. SOE has not only stayed the same greedy awful company, but I would argue that they've gotten worse over the years
  • jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Asamof
    it doesn't matter how much fake hype this site will try to generate, smedley is still the same old smed. SOE has not only stayed the same greedy awful company, but I would argue that they've gotten worse over the years

[mod edit]

In a day we will know the truth, one way or the other.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Originally posted by Asamof

Haha. "Fake hype" Can you please elaborate how getting people excited can be faked? I mean that just sounds silly. The whole idea behind hype is not even an objective thing you can define. It is something that is generated by the players more then the media. People hype up something to a point where they expect it to be a certain thing and that is where they expect it to be; be it too high expectations or reasonable ones. 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

from personal experiences - i had better support from SOE than Blizzard

with SOE Live chat, i had support in less than 10 minutes

w Blizzard i was stuck waiting on the phone for over 40 minutes   (twice!)

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I'd rather have someone that actually knows something about EQN talk about it than this glorified salesman.......He's talked more crap over the years than just about anyone in the industry.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    They did do a CG for EQ2. It was actually really cool and why I tried the game in the first place.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Nadia

from personal experiences - i had better support from SOE than Blizzard

with SOE Live chat, i had support in less than 10 minutes

w Blizzard i was stuck waiting on the phone for over 40 minutes   (twice!)

I would have felt lucky to get 40 minutes.  Every time I called in the past it was an hour plus (pre-Cata).  Lesson learned on my part was never share my account with my little brother.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S