Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Beta Sign-Ups Go Up Briefly, Taken Down

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Beta sign-ups for the soon-to-be-unveiled EverQuest Next went up briefly this afternoon and were subsequently taken down. This looks to have been an accident, but it appears some gamers were able to squeeze their sign-ups in during the window in which they were still available.

Does this mean we can expect sign-ups to begin soon after the unveiling? We certainly hope so!

Comments

• comicguycomicguy Member Posts: 123

I'm in the BETA!!!

Welcome to the Beta

Hello bennyb
  • BlinkennBlinkenn Member UncommonPosts: 166
    "OH YEAH!"
  • DangerNobuoDangerNobuo Member UncommonPosts: 96
    I certainly hope so.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    the service is functioning again, although it looks like a test service atm
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Just checked my account, it let me sign up.
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

my account has been flagged as registered for EQN beta.

cool

• munx4555munx4555 Member Posts: 169
    cautious optimist that is the actual beta sign ups, however deep down I kind know it wont be this easy :p
  • KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Where do you see your account has been flagged?

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by comicguy

I'm in the BETA!!!

Welcome to the Beta

Hello bennyb

Doesn't meant you part of the selected beta testers.  You're in the beta just like the millions that are in the ESO beta but 90% of em have not been selected to play the early beta builds.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Kniknax

I'm curious about that too. I got the welcome to the beta email, but that's it. Couldn't see anything on my account suggesting it's flagged for it.

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Thanks for the link :)
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Originally posted by Kniknax

I'm curious about that too. I got the welcome to the beta email, but that's it. Couldn't see anything on my account suggesting it's flagged for it.

if you go back to the same signup page the "sign up" button is gone and it tells you that you are already signed up for the beta, hence "flagged." 

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    Just checked my account, it let me sign up.

Same.  Now I'm trying to find a directory on the main site that has info or a download.  =)

• gravelsackgravelsack Member Posts: 5
    I managed to squeeze a sign up in as well, and got the same cryptic email. I hope SOE will honor this and not make me have to try again later. 
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I seriously doubt they would let people in beta from this mistake.  It's basically just a confirmation email letting people know they registered for beta.
  • godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

if you did "get into the beta" you should have gotten an email, but check it.  it's not what you think it is:

We would like to thank you for registering for the EverQuest® Rain of Fear™, Shadow of Fear Game Update. Beta testing is important to each product launch, and your help over the next month is greatly appreciated. The beta started on March 20, 2013 and is scheduled to end on April 12, 2013. However, these dates are subject to change.

If you are selected to participate in the EverQuest® Rain of Fear™, Shadow of Fear Game Update, an acceptance email will be sent to this email address.

Again, we thank you for your interest in the EverQuest® Rain of Fear™, Shadow of Fear Game Update. We couldn’t do this with your help!

The EverQuest Development Team 

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Originally posted by godzilr1
    if you did "get into the beta" you should have gotten an email, but check it.  it's not what you think it is: We would like to thank you for registering for the EverQuest® Rain of Fear™, Shadow of Fear Game Update. Beta testing is important to each product launch, and your help over the next month is greatly appreciated. The beta started on March 20, 2013 and is scheduled to end on April 12, 2013. However, these dates are subject to change.If you are selected to participate in the EverQuest® Rain of Fear™, Shadow of Fear Game Update, an acceptance email will be sent to this email address.Again, we thank you for your interest in the EverQuest® Rain of Fear™, Shadow of Fear Game Update. We couldn’t do this with your help!The EverQuest Development Team 

Mine just said.. Welcome to beta but Everquest Next is at the top of the page.. no other details on the email.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

i squeezed myself in to get a beta invite !!! hahaha

wonder if it will actually work if we got a email back?  makes me laugh kind of

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

it actually said You have been invited to the Everquest next Beta Program when I signed up for it

weird

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

My wife and I both got an email confirm. Would be awesome if some of us were playing next weekend :-) 

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

My wife and I both got an email confirm. Would be awesome if some of us were playing next weekend :-) 

Would be nice if we dont have to wait 2 years for beta to begin after announcement like some other companies do :)

• AzureblazeAzureblaze Member UncommonPosts: 130
    There were two links, =17 and =18, one was for EQ Rain of Fear, the other was for EQN. So you either got the Rain of Fear message or you got an email with no body text (that obviously wasn't ready yet)

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Ha ha ha they are teasing you all!

• GrintchGrintch Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Originally posted by comicguy

I'm in the BETA!!!

Welcome to the Beta

Hello bennyb

If you were really in, you wouldn't be able to talk about it , you'd be under NDA.

• ZieglerZiegler Member Posts: 159

You dont know that Grintch....you're not in the beta so you dont know what the NDA says or doesnt say and not all NDA's swear you to secrecy about your participation in said beta. I have been in more than a few that allow you to admit it, but you're still not allowed to discuss it.

Got the email as well.....there wasnt any NDA at all...it's a welcome email. The NDA wont kick in til they actually let you into the client to test.