Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN Beta Signup (Closed Down)

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Originally posted by comicguy
    Welcome to the Beta Hello bennyba Welcome to the BETA

welcome to beta? which beta? EQN? or some other game?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by DangerNobuo
    Originally posted by Waterlily
    Originally posted by ScorpionOne
    I didn't use my SOE one.

You should. I'm guessing they might give priority to people who have a station account versus people who just signed up 2 minutes ago.

I think he was referring to how he didn't use his SoE account name on the forums.

I see.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Tokken

Originally posted by comicguy
    Welcome to the Beta Hello bennyba Welcome to the BETA

welcome to beta? which beta? EQN? or some other game?

There was an EQ1 beta too recently. It would be funny if it's an EQ1 invite.

Don't worry, I'll give you all some money to level up.

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414

I went to the EverQuest Next site first and logged into my station account before clicking the link. When the link bypassed the sign-up and gave me the beta link to click with my name already entered into the site, I figured it was legit.

Now that email I got needs work.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by HighMarshal

I went to the EverQuest Next site first and logged into my station account before clicking the link. When the link bypassed the sign-up and gave me the beta link to click with my name already entered into the site, I figured it was legit.

Now that email I got needs work.

I figured they just wanted to say hi...:)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AdrazahnAdrazahn Member Posts: 26

The screwed up signup is easy to explain. SOE does multiple beta's, so they create one beta signup app that's configurable rather than create a new web app and database every time. This means you configure a new beta each time, with things like signup and confirmation text, start and end dates, etc. 

Someone was configuring this for EQ Next and EQ Next: Landmark (whatever that is). The config isn't tested or even complete. They likely copied a previous beta (Heart of Fear) as starting point. However, someone out there took the URL from a previous beta, updated the betaId URL parameter to 17 and then 18, and presto, there's the EQN and EQN: Landmark beta signups. Available before anyone at SOE intended. 

I work with highly configurable enterprise software for a living. I'm pretty sure this is what happened. 

The confirmation emails are clearly incomplete. The signup text may not have been vetted, so I wouldn't take the mention of it being a "hardcore mmo" as anything official yet. The end date of 12/31/2013 - who knows. I would think that's more like a rough approximation of the end of the beta period rather than the start. They may be expecting beta to end around that time and will allow signups at any point. Then again maybe it's a temporary date the arbitrarily picked. 

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Well.... I got a welcome to the Beta email after I signed up, hopefully it means I'm in when it starts. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

Welcome to the Beta! 

See what happens from here :)

No signature, I don't have a pen

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

The link is legit.

I just registered and received the Email.

Having said that, I believe that SoE tried to sneak in the Beta registration, but they didn't mean to send the Beta invite email, which looks like an authomated message (hence a mistake).

In fact the confirmation letter just says "welcome to Beta" no other informations, so I believe that's a mistake.

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    I didn't use my SOE one.

You should. I'm guessing they might give priority to people who have a station account versus people who just signed up 2 minutes ago.

I really hope that's not the case, but, instead they go by the age of the account that's signing up, lol...

My account is about 14,5 years old. :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Vivasvan

superb ive signed up worked a treat!

and its hardcore it says! muahahahahha

exactly the word I hoped to read describing EQN :))

This will be the beast among MMOs, making EvE Nullsec look like a walk in the park!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

BUT WE SIGNED UP!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    I can't believe I just signed up for a beta for a game I know next to nothing about except the name. Insane...
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud
    I didn't use my SOE one.

I really hope that's not the case, but, instead they go by the age of the account that's signing up, lol...

Mine account is about 14,5 years old. :)

same, heh. though my account is only 13.5 years :p i did get into the planetside 2 beta right when it came out of alpha though, so who knows. i even did my part and gave feedback on a fairly regular basis!

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Vinterkrig
    tells me the beta signup period has ended

Its gone up and down a few times, dont give up =-)

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Seriously?

• thedood123thedood123 Member UncommonPosts: 150

Yeah, also says beta period has ended meaning I guess that they are going to start new signups after August 2nd

Originally posted by Anthur
    I can't believe I just signed up for a beta for a game I know next to nothing about except the name. Insane...

could of been worse... you could have BOUGHT a game that you knew nothing about :-)

• wizardszwizardsz Member Posts: 13
    so mad, been following eqnext for years...hopefully it comes up again
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    that was short!!  phew, glad I got in
  • thedood123thedood123 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Originally posted by wizardsz
    so mad, been following eqnext for years...hopefully it comes up again

Don't worry, it wasn't the real signup and most likely it will be deleted and new signup will happen when its time.

Saying the beta signup period has ended, guess they shut that down real quick.

Hope that our beta sign ups still count!! even if they did make a mistake........

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

if that is indeed the actual beta signup form, de-flagging people would be kinda silly. would make more sense for them to just reopen the flood gates after the beta announcement on saturday or sunday.

this timeframe lends to my theory of an early 2014 release though. PS2 beta only lasted 6 or so months and then went straight into release. 

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Tokken

Saying the beta signup period has ended, guess they shut that down real quick.

Hope that our beta sign ups still count!! even if they did make a mistake........

This is what I am the most worried about... Someone hopefully follows twitter so we can maybe find out if we have to sign up again. If not, then atleast find out if those who got into the "EQ1" beta, lol, if they have to sign up again.