Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN Beta Signup (Closed Down)

Comments

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by gkslash

I don't think this was accidental. I think it was another dose of trolling from SOE. They wanted to see how many people would catch it, and be talking about it. lol

I like the dates on that registration though. Beta ends December 30, so possibly at Jan 2014 launch.

Still exciting even though I didn't get to register.

That's not how I read it... If beta signups ends at December 30th, beta starts some time in January, so a March release would be more realistic.

EQ1 was released in March 1999, maybe they are aiming the release for that date.

• thedood123thedood123 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Delete
  • AdrazahnAdrazahn Member Posts: 26

I don't think this was accidental. I think it was another dose of trolling from SOE. They wanted to see how many people would catch it, and be talking about it. lol

I like the dates on that registration though. Beta ends December 30, so possibly at Jan 2014 launch.

The December 30 end date is interesting, but it just as easily could have been a placeholder. 

My guess is someone was configuring the beta signup app for EQN and accidentally made it public before they intended to. 

Delete
  • munx4555munx4555 Member Posts: 169

Have kinda suspected a semi-open/open beta to be revealed tommorow, kinda feels like they've been hinting at it for a while.

If they were to do it, I think it would be a overall solid move, as it wouldn't give players a chance to object to features before being given a chance to test them.

also, wish I saved that link, will likely be the same when it does come back up if it does :P

• AdrazahnAdrazahn Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by thedood123
    Originally posted by Adrazahn

The December 30 end date is interesting, but it just as easily could have been a placeholder. 

My guess is someone was configuring the beta signup app for EQN and accidentally made it public before they intended to. 

I have to doubt that anyone in SoE would even make that mistake

Might sound far fetched, but it sounds more likely to me than it being intentional. It doesn't make any sense to do this intentionally 24 hours before the reveal. 

Delete
  • AffordableAffordable Member UncommonPosts: 41

CONFIRMATION FROM THE OFFICIAL EQN TWITTER ACCOUNT:

@everquest_next just signed up for beta https://t.co/8yj8bGkVxj is that real or a bug?

— Convo80 (@Convo80) August 1, 2013

@convo80 Nice! Yes, that's our site. [Smoov]

— EverQuest Next (@everquest_next) August 1, 2013

The second tweet just got deleted. Some miscommunication going on @SOE...

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Affordable

@everquest_next just signed up for beta https://t.co/8yj8bGkVxj is that real or a bug?

— EverQuest Next (@everquest_next) August 1, 201

Just about a perfect way to test the market hype saturation level, isn't it? "Put up a fake link, and check hits in the first hour."

What's that sound? BillMurphy's flatulence...oh, no, sounded wetter than that...oh gross!!!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Well it just worked for me, my wife and I both just got our beta confirm emails =-) Click the link in the twitter post above.
  • DangerNobuoDangerNobuo Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Worked for me.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Yes that is the real link.  Got confirmatin link as well.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

ive seen SOE goof up

I used to post new EQ1 Expansion spells/skills to my messageboard - and people would claim beta leaks!!

and I would post how to see it on the Test server  (even tho they were Beta Server spells)

when SOE ran their EQ2 DOV daily gift promotion (ran for a week)

someone incremented the number on the SOE url and posted all the December gifts in advance

• gkslashgkslash Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    What would make me laugh is that the unfinished confirmation emails were supposed to contain important information about the beta...

The rest of the "beta confirmation e-mail" will be revealed Aug 2, at SOE Live!!!! :P

What would make me laugh is that the unfinished confirmation emails were supposed to contain important information about the beta...

Yep, mine pretty much only contained my name and nothing else.

Originally posted by Nadia

ive seen SOE goof up

I used to post new EQ1 Expansion spells/skills to my messageboard - and people would claim beta leaks!!

and I would post how to see it on the Test server  (even tho they were Beta Server spells)

someone incremented the number on the SOE url and posted all the December gifts in advance

But can they change it now? Change the beta signup page and make it a new entry and forget about the people who signed up right now, or will they honor that and just send another email out with more information

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by DangerNobuo

Yep, mine pretty much only contained my name and nothing else.

Lol, yes, I'd cry if the emails were supposed to  have the beta serial attached, and now its been clicked it cant be resent!

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• supa_flysupa_fly Member Posts: 11

The rest of the "beta confirmation e-mail" will be revealed Aug 2, at SOE Live!!!! :P

Once they reach 5,000 beta signups....the first section of the confirmation message will be revealed!

And so on, and so on, until the entire message is complete! =)

ive seen SOE goof up

But can they change it now? Change the beta signup page and make it a new entry and forget about the people who signed up right now, or will they honor that and just send another email out with more information

They can do what ever they want its beta not a product we have paid for yet =-)

ive seen SOE goof up

I'm sure that they will send another e-mail, if only do advertise the game.

Either way anyone that gets beta access should be able to download the client by logging in to the SoE site.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i think they'll honor it - its only a signup - not a guaranteed beta spot

Even more so with the twitter post that said it was official =-)

I guess so, I doubt they will bother changing it now... maybe just add more info as we go because as of right now it is still up, it went down and back up so I guess they were just told to keep it going. Thanks for removing the pics because I don't want to risk anything... the link is there and people have posted proof in text already.

Edit: Site is down again atleast for me

• PigglesworthPigglesworth Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Affordable

— EverQuest Next (@everquest_next) August 1, 201

I saw these tweets also, but the @everquest_next tweet has been deleted now.

@PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

• supa_flysupa_fly Member Posts: 11

There also seems to be an Everquest Next: Landmark beta signup as well, no clue what it is, but figured I would share. This one is even more jacked up then the first, as it says Everquest Next Landmark Beta Signup, but the confirmation email talks about Everquest: Rain of Fear. <boggled>

https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/betaRegistration.action?betaId=17