Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: SOE Announces Sons of Trigon, Focus on Wonder Woman

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Picking up where the Sins of the Father storyline left off, SOE today announced that Sons of the Trigon DLC is coming to DC Universe Online. Trigon has escaped his home dimension, planned an attack on Earth, but was trapped in a nightmare version of Gotham City. Players will be able to explore the desolate and sinful Gotham as they track down Trigon and confront him alongside Wonder Woman or Circe.  Loads of new solo missions, powers, and gear are all being added.  As always, the Trigon will be free to Legendary subscribers, or cost $9.99 for free members.

Jens Andersen, the Sr. Creative Director on DCUO describes the DLC:

"In  Sons of Trigon we finally get the answers to some critical questions that have been left unresolved since DCUO launched more than two years ago," said Jens Andersen, Sr. Creative Director,  DC Universe Online. "Players get to explore a nightmare version of Gotham like nothing they have seen before, while battling alongside  Wonder Woman  or  Circe to eventually defeat Trigon and restore peace, or steal Trigon's power for their own use."

The new expansion content has a strong list of features including:

• New Celestial Power Set, focused on Healing

• New shared area – Gotham City reduced to a wasteland – featuring daily solo missions

• New alert – featuring a final battle with Trigon

• Three new duos battling Trigon’s sons who represent six of the seven deadly sins

• New Legends PvP characters Cheetah and Donna Troy

• New Gear, including PvE iconic gear based on Brother Blood and Raven

• New Feats and Collections

Read more over at the official DCUO site.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• jayvierljayvierl Member Posts: 31
    Looks interesting. DC Universe has always been a fun online game. This is worth checking out. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,854

Wouldnt Sons of TRIGUN focus on Vash the Stampede?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I dont play DCUO often

but another healing power variant is appealing to me

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Wouldnt Sons of TRIGUN focus on Vash the Stampede?

SOE can't afford 60 billion double dollars.

• LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    Think I am tired of the gear grind in this game. Very fun but I don't think this update is enough to get me to pick back up.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

It does sound like the new set would be nice... I might give it a go...  they always seem to have awesome new sets...

I would really like to see some new travel powers show up eventually..

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    I'm tired of all these DLC updates focusing almost exclusively on maxed out players. Makes alts a painful exercise in tedium and newbies feel like they can never catch up. Would be nice to see a new starting zone, low and mid level events, alternate leveling paths, etc. Seems like SOE is regurgitating the same raids and duos over and over again. Shame there seems to be no creative passion at SOE for this title. Could have been huge instead of a dwindling niche market (speculation of course, but sure seems that way).

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Alts a tedium? Please, blink and you are max level.
  • dragnmastralexdragnmastralex Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Alts a tedium? Please, blink and you are max level.

level isn't the problem level means nothing in DCU... its CR... combat Raiting... its grinding for years to get to the Tier 3 set and end game is Tier 7 right now.

once you reach so far in grinding you have to stop everything and farm Exobites non stop for months to get enough to make the highest booster you can so you can get the extra few CR needed to get the next Tier set... there is only 1 possible route for each tier so its slow, I believe the user you responded to meant that they wanted alternative ways in the mid tiers to raise their CR so its not a life time event to get to end game, especially since they keep raising the end game with new content and new CR requirements.