Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: 'Special Announcement' Planned for Gamescom

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard has sent out a cryptic notice that a 'special announcement' will be made at this year's Gamescom in late-August. "We're making a special announcement that's sure to capture the attention of the Heavens, Burning Hells, and all the shadowed places that lie between." 

The event itself will take place on the first day of Gamescom, August 21, at 11:30 a.m. local time. Gamescom takes place August 21-25 in Cologne, Germany.

Source: Gamespot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    New wow x-pac ........... -.-

RIP Orc Choppa

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    prolly Titan or whatever they will try to steal EQN's thunder with.
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by SBFord

"We're making a special announcement that's sure to capture the attention of the Heavens, Burning Hells, and all the shadowed places that lie between."

Given that line I doubt it has anything at all to do with WoW.

D3 expac announcement seems way more likely.

• LunarpacLunarpac Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Awwh yeah! New TCG coming up people!
  • GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

Oooo how exciting! Cant wait! 

Shh @ pessimistic people. 

We don't want to hear it/dont want to read it. Thanks. :) 

• IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    It sounds like my warlock will have fun in that place. Will see.

gameplay > graphics

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220
    Probably the next expansion. I just hope it's better than the last two...
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Honestly just by that text, it sounds far more Diablo 3 related. My assumption is a D3 expansion in an attempt to gain back players. Something not to many probably will pay attention to unless there is sweeping changes, and even less for US players unless something is done to remedy the fact the economy is broken after they refused to roll back from their glitch leaving things over inflated like no tomorrow due to that excess gold.
  • DarkspireDarkspire Member UncommonPosts: 14
    F2P
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by Myria

"We're making a special announcement that's sure to capture the attention of the Heavens, Burning Hells, and all the shadowed places that lie between."

Given that line I doubt it has anything at all to do with WoW.

D3 expac announcement seems way more likely.

Agreed, sounds very Diablo oriented. And we can only hope they learned from their initial mistakes with D3. D2 really only became next level when LoD was released, hopefully the D3 xpac will be just as game changing.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Blizzard finaly going to announce they will fire Ghostcrawler ?

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Vanilla server.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Honestly just by that text, it sounds far more Diablo 3 related. My assumption is a D3 expansion in an attempt to gain back players. Something not to many probably will pay attention to unless there is sweeping changes, and even less for US players unless something is done to remedy the fact the economy is broken after they refused to roll back from their glitch leaving things over inflated like no tomorrow due to that excess gold.

Except that D3...a year later...has 1 million unique logins per day, and 3 million unique per month...im sure many people will pay attention to it.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    going free to play...  (well okay most likely an expansion I guess ; )
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

F2P!

if not....itll be foolish.

• DrDreamDrDream Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Originally posted by PAL-18

Vanilla server.

thats what i was thinking! COME ON CLASSIC SERVER!

• Assailant86Assailant86 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Yeah this obviously has nothing to do with World of Warcraft.  This is an announcement about Diablo.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by DrDream
    Originally posted by PAL-18

Vanilla server.

thats what i was thinking! COME ON CLASSIC SERVER!

raiding Onyx and naxx and the likes -all over again- till you get geared -again- and quit bored -again?-

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Lunarpac
    Awwh yeah! New TCG coming up people!

Hearthstone seems like the logical guess since it's a WoW announcement and MoP is still pretty new.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Defo D3 expac - they need to get something out there before EQN takes over the interweb new channels for the next 4 weeks.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

As some have already stated, this sounds very much like a D3 announcement. My money is on an x-pac.

Announce it at Gamescon, show it off for realz at Blizzcon.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by doodphace

Except that D3...a year later...has 1 million unique logins per day, and 3 million unique per month...im sure many people will pay attention to it.

Shush, quit with that 'facts' stuff :P

• widginwidgin Member UncommonPosts: 11

Wild guess here. WoW is coming to consoles. :)   

Since the announcement is not coming at Blizzcon, then it's most likely not WoW related. I'll go with the D3 Xpac crowd.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Blizzard has sent out a cryptic notice that a 'special announcement' will be made at this year's Gamescom in late-August. "We're making a special announcement that's sure to capture the attention of the Heavens, Burning Hells, and all the shadowed places that lie between.

The event itself will take place on the first day of Gamescom, August 21, at 11:30 a.m. local time. Gamescom takes place August 21-25 in Cologne, Germany.

Source: Gamespot

geez can't you people see that it is obviously about diablo?

Diablo xpac oh my god im so excited .....-.-'

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    I hope it's info about WoW's next expansion. Exciting times for me! EQ:Next reveal tomorrow and WoW's 5th X-pack announced soon too! We may have to wait till Blizzcon in November before it's unveiled though.