Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is people loosing interest in Archeage?

MoonBeansMoonBeans Member Posts: 173

i recall a few month ago, was one of the top games in hype.

Comments

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

I guess starbucks, coca cola vending machines, hawai shirts/shorts and cars drove alot of people away :)

Or just the general lack of news on the western version.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

The interest is still there, but not much news have been popping up. A beta invite would really help:)

Even if I have to wait longer for Black Desert im still more excited about that game.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Archewho?

Duke Nukem Forever became a notable example of vaporware due to its severely protracted development schedule

I remember Teala preaching almost daily about the joys and wonders of AA Coming Real Soon Now No Really AA.

But that was before SWTOR opened.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

For me it has lost a bit of steam lately. I am very interested in this game but it's taking too long to make it to the west and the lack of info and estimate release is killing it for me. And all my interest now is focused on FF XIV which is about to be released in less than a month.

I am sure ill be back to Archeage later on when a release date is given.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Fusion

I guess starbucks, coca cola vending machines, hawai shirts/shorts and cars drove alot of people away :)

Fusion, remember me pooping on you in Tera?  Just kidding.  Anyway, Fusion you are right...who wants to see that crap in a game...killed Tera for me...also the game is going more and more pve.  Tab target...eh...boring.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Game was unveiled like 3 years ago now?

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Both of these are what is making me lose interest.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

It takes an average of 6-8 months for conversion/translation from east to west. Trion got it in January, its August in about 10 hours. So..............Whats the hold up?

My biggest fear is they are going to westernize it and ruin it here. Because lets face it, the western gamers are the entitlement-give-me-now gamers, and that will just take away from this game. A simple translation should not take this long with out any word, beta, or game footage. Think we have seen 1, maybe 2 short clips in 6-7 months?

Trion had its hands full, don't think Trion was the right choice to be honest. With Rift faltering, Defiance not doing so well, and other issues......................

Im still interested, long as its not dumbed down and completely changed like so many western games are.

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

This game is sure as hell taking its time to give birth...

I didn't get this at first, thought you were making some joke about hipsters.

Then I googled around. O.O

They really need to make a system where USG needs to go past very basic approval. At least to remove the potential pron and copyright stuff.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Well its asian mmo... cant really go with hype them.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by NagelRitter

This game is sure as hell taking its time to give birth...

I didn't get this at first, thought you were making some joke about hipsters.

Then I googled around. O.O

They really need to make a system where USG needs to go past very basic approval. At least to remove the potential pron and copyright stuff.

I think this is why we don't have a game yet.  I've heard some news/rumors that our version won't have some of the things we've seen in the Asian version.  Frankly, with all the cool games coming down the road, they should probably leave this stuff in so they end up with a healthy niche market.  

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Much like Darkfall, by the time the game is available here it will likely be too 'old school' to be more than a niche game.  The cars and corporate advertising do not help, along with the perception of eastern made games being 'grindy'.  It has a lot going against it in the perception department, at least among my mates and I. 

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461

AA tanked HARD in Korea because the developers made a sandbox title and released it in Korea. Koreans are well known for not liking sandbox titles, or Western type games. ArcheAge is a hardcore Western type MMO (ie: PayPerMonth, and too many open-world sandbox designs).

For whatever reason Koreans just hated ArcheAge, but I'm concerned it may be totally due to the fact that the developers weren't listening and kept adding fluff into the game without fixing major issues that the Korea fanbase put forth at launch.

• KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265

after playing the Korean version for a month, my interest pretty much is gone.   The problem over there is population on my server (west10, east side).  I think out of the about 20 people Ive run into in my 40+ levels on this server, 15 of them were bots, 3 were gankers and 2 Korean people who helped me with the gankers who were 50's then left after they killed them.

That said, there is only really one option for me OTHER then Archeage when it comes out, and thats EQN.  But as I ve said in the past EQN has a lot of my friends interest now, I don't have one friend talking about FF XIV or Archeage anymore and they were pretty big in my circles, but I "think" this has a lot to do with being 2 days away from a reveal while FF is still a month off from open beta and no start in sight for Archeage.

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Trion messing this up for sure, they need to launch this game and forget about their flop Defiance.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Onomas

It takes an average of 6-8 months for conversion/translation from east to west. Trion got it in January, its August in about 10 hours. So..............Whats the hold up?

My biggest fear is they are going to westernize it and ruin it here. Because lets face it, the western gamers are the entitlement-give-me-now gamers, and that will just take away from this game. A simple translation should not take this long with out any word, beta, or game footage. Think we have seen 1, maybe 2 short clips in 6-7 months?

Trion had its hands full, don't think Trion was the right choice to be honest. With Rift faltering, Defiance not doing so well, and other issues......................

Im still interested, long as its not dumbed down and completely changed like so many western games are.

An average based on what data?  Even if there was a source, that means some games take 4 months, some take a year.  Average is average, ArcheAge is at 7 months?

No reason to go further.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• SagethornSagethorn Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Its already fallen off my radar, was interested at it but the second they started adding cars and other things that dont belong in a fantasy game, it completely ruined the setting for me.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    TRION is screwed.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I never had much interest in it anyway because it allows FFA PvP.  That is a deal breaker in my book.  Well that and the happy, happy rainbows & unicorns anime art style.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    I'd say my interest in Archeage is pretty snug and tight
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    I switched off at the silly race cars.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Yes, I think they are.  Too long to be released, too little information geared towards the west, the thunder is being stolen by EQN, TESO, FFXIV and half a dozen smaller titles.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Yes, I think they are.  Too long to be released, too little information geared towards the west, the thunder is being stolen by EQN, TESO, FFXIV and half a dozen smaller titles.

Are you trying to say that there is more info being released about EQN and TESO? LOL at this statement.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by LlexX
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Are you trying to say that there is more info being released about EQN and TESO? LOL at this statement.

No he isn't, I know english isn't your first language (btw you are damn good at it, not talking crap about you) but at least try to comprehend what the guy is saying before you judge it.  What he is saying is that the idea of those games coming out soon is killing the game due to the fact that people aren't very trusting of Trion (AND FOR GOOD REASON!) and they aren't really giving us much info to go on to "get" excited since we have ZERO idea what they are going to do to the NA version.

Archeage in NA has ZERO history.  EQ has YEARS AND YEARS of history, and TESO has a very strong following because of their single player games.  Archeage has nothing and Trion can't fuck this up by trying to treat it like a game that is Triple A with a huge following, which they are.  They are screwing this up big time and I am sorry that upsets some of you.

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley