Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Streamed Gameplay August 2nd

SagethornSagethorn Member UncommonPosts: 57

Hi guys,

According to http://www.bethblog.com/

Can’t make it to QuakeCon 2013? You’ll be happy to know that we’re streaming content live from the show. In addition to featuring shoutcasts for all three of QuakeCon’s tournaments atTwitch.TV/QuakeCon, we’ll be livestreaming some of the event’s biggest panels and presentations.

Beginning this Thursday, tune into Twitch.TV/Bethesda and catch these scheduled events:

Friday, August 2nd

The Elder Scrolls Online | Gameplay Presentation (12:30 pm CST) – Check out the first streamed gameplay of The Elder Scrolls Online, live from QuakeCon 2013! Don’t miss never-before-seen areas as ZeniMax Online Studio’s creative director, Paul Sage joins other members of ZeniMax Online Studios team to show off the latest chapter in the Elder Scrolls saga.

It will be good for us not in the beta's to actually see some in game footage.

Comments

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Both teso and eqnext scheduled to go the same day

Lets get ready to Ruuuuummmmmble!

• Princess.ClaudePrincess.Claude Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Been looking forward to seeing some game play for a long time, will be watching !
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I want a commitment from someone to record it in 1080P. Sagethorn? lol. The only thing I hate about streaming is that the video quality always looks bad, but anyway, I hope we see something meaningful.

There Is Always Hope!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

THANK FRACKING GOD.

Now the rest of the world will be able to see just how unlike an Elder Scrolls game this is.  Unless they try and hide the linear quest hub design.  Hopefully they showcase it in all its blandness and will get the ball rolling on forcing Zenimax to create a true open, non linear, exploration centric world like they did with TES 1st Person.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• SagethornSagethorn Member UncommonPosts: 57

Originally posted by keithian I want a commitment from someone to record it in 1080P. Sagethorn? lol. The only thing I hate about streaming is that the video quality always looks bad, but anyway, I hope we see something meaningful.

I wish i was going to be online to watch it live myself aswel, but heres hoping someone will be able to record it, that or they put it up as a video on their webpage.

(i was hoping for a youtube link to be around the day after)

Doesn't start till 1:30am local time for me and i can honestly say i wont be staying up to watch it after pulling a 16hr shift at work.

Originally posted by azzamasin THANK FRACKING GOD.   Now the rest of the world will be able to see just how unlike an Elder Scrolls game this is.  Unless they try and hide the linear quest hub design.  Hopefully they showcase it in all its blandness and will get the ball rolling on forcing Zenimax to create a true open, non linear, exploration centric world like they did with TES 1st Person.

Im not expecting it to be Morrowind with enhanced graphics, i sincerely doubt they will move back to the way the series used to be, its been slowly evolving with every new game.

Just compare Skyrim with Oblivion, then compare Skyrim to Morrowind, everything about the series has slowly changed, aslong as TESO keeps to the lore, has decent crafting, large open areas and is fun to play i can honestly say i will have got my moneys worth.

My only disappointment will be that its probly going to be on rails in regards to storyline, but yeah aslong as its fun to play and the UI and combat isnt to crappy ill be a happy camper

• SagethornSagethorn Member UncommonPosts: 57

Good news.

Taken from their facebook page

The Elder Scrolls Online - Yes, the livestream will be viewable afterward, for those who aren't able to tune in. We'll share the link once it's up.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by azzamasin

THANK FRACKING GOD.

Now the rest of the world will be able to see just how unlike an Elder Scrolls game this is.  Unless they try and hide the linear quest hub design.  Hopefully they showcase it in all its blandness and will get the ball rolling on forcing Zenimax to create a true open, non linear, exploration centric world like they did with TES 1st Person.

I witnessed on another site just a couple of days ago a 45 minute video of someone running around on a horse. Not only did the world seem huge for the area that this level 8 was running around, but it appeared to be for the size of the area more open than any other themepark MMO I've seen with the exception of Vanguard. The world looked huge. I could be wrong, but that was my perception since the person playing kept opening his map and not once until the end of the 45 minutes did I see a map barrier which might have been a limitation of the current build.

On top of that, there were random quests all over the place outside the cities...whether it was being ambushed by opening a chest, or NPCs running to you for help. The game appeared to be tailor made for true exploration and not as much on rails like SWTOR, Rift, or the fake exploration class that is the Explorer in Wildstar (should be renamed Platform jumper class)...of course being a themepark and not a sandbox the main story itself will most likely feel linear just like it did in every Elder Scrolls Game before it. It seems as if others have responded to you about this in the exact same way in the comments section of the article that this site published this week regarding skills. Do you just not want to see the response?

Finally, as someone stated above, every game with a city is a quest hub. Maybe they should eliminate cities next?

There Is Always Hope!

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by svann

Both teso and eqnext scheduled to go the same day

Lets get ready to Ruuuuummmmmble!

If this happened at release, my head would literally explode trying to figure out which game to play first.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Are they trying to go head to head with EQN big reveal day? I think they may get less viewers as I am sure more people will be looking at what SoE has to offer that day. Guess I will watch it after the 6th when SoE live is over lol
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Are they trying to go head to head with EQN big reveal day? I think they may get less viewers as I am sure more people will be looking at what SoE has to offer that day. Guess I will watch it after the 6th when SoE live is over lol

No. This is happening at QuakeCon I think so it isnt like they picked the same date. Both things just happen at the same time.

I am looking forward to it since it is supposed to be never before seen.. I am thinking its going to be Cyrodil and PvP.. I also hope there will be some PvE action too.