Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brad McQuaid thinks EQ and VG players are going to love it.

AffordableAffordable Member UncommonPosts: 41

Two tweets.

Saw a preview of the EQNext intro yesterday. I think EQ and VG players are going to love it!

— Brad McQuaid (@Aradune) July 31, 2013

It has features that Jeff & I wanted to put in EQ & VG (& a bunch of other great ideas) but the tech wasn't there yet. Well, it's there now!

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Haven't been paying much attention to this title but when are they planning on announcing some real info?
  • Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    If that's true, sounds like what I've been expecting since they stated they were moving back more towards the roots of EQ. Good news.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Friday at 12pm PST. Various outlets are live streaming SoE Live.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Haven't been paying much attention to this title but when are they planning on announcing some real info?

In two days..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• AffordableAffordable Member UncommonPosts: 41

2 of August 12:00 PM PST @SOE Live Las Vegas.

List of streams:

https://www.soe.com/news?view=soe-live-livestream-schedule

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

Love those comments! :)

My 2 favorite MMOs of all time! :) + The game that should not be mentioned by name...

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    All this does is reinforce my belief that EQN wil be a PvE centric sandbox.  The first of its kind.  2 moar days!!!!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
     Brad can bite me after the craptasitc hype he spewed for VG.  Need a whole truck load of salt to take with what he says.  lol
  • Sith2112Sith2112 Member UncommonPosts: 43

This is one hype train that is going to de-rail quickly me thinks... 

the devs cannot possible live up to all the fantasies about this game that have been floating around.

Like I said in a previous post.. I feel sorry for them already.

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    All this does is reinforce my belief that EQN wil be a PvE centric sandbox.  The first of its kind.  2 moar days!!!!

If done correctly I would get very excited about this.

• AffordableAffordable Member UncommonPosts: 41
    I have a very bad feeling about this. Hype Buuubbleee!!
  • StilerStiler Member Posts: 599
    Originally posted by Trudge34
    If that's true, sounds like what I've been expecting since they stated they were moving back more towards the roots of EQ. Good news.

What?

1. It's moved toward a sandbox

2. They say it's something new/different, not just eq reshashed.

• LaiquendiLaiquendi Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by whisperwynd
     Brad can bite me after the craptasitc hype he spewed for VG.  Need a whole truck load of salt to take with what he says.  lol

Vanguard had a Lot of potential , a lot.  It just was too far ahead of its time to be done right, and the big one, it was pushed into launch way to fast before it could be completed.  But in all fairness , that game has some really cool ideas for an MMO.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

In two days..

Ah...that explains all of the salivating going on.

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498

Yes!  I knew it!

This proves conclusively that we will zone repeatedly running through the middle of cornfields!

To heck with PS2!

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    i absolutely hope he's right but isnt this kind of like lord british telling us we will love the next ultima game?

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

this doesn't mean much, he works for soe lol

he basically just said what smed has been saying.

we will see if this game comes anywhere near the hype its generated so far. so done speculating, lets see what this game is about already.

• arcatomarcatom Member UncommonPosts: 33
    This is really good news. Two of my favorite MMOs. If the crafting is as fleshed out and robust as the Vanguards was, then I will be a very happy man
  • NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

Brb, googling Brad McQuaid.

Originally posted by Sith2112

the devs cannot possible live up to all the fantasies about this game that have been floating around.

They can, actually. It's not the devs problem, it's the managers problem.

The main reason games fail expectations is because the game was not developed sincerely, and maybe even because the money was spent badly (SW:TOR - did it really need all that expensive voice acting?).

The problem is that a lot of managers think they can just cut corners and make their money anyway. And in some cases, they do. That's a thing, but it also explains why games can often be of very low quality. I don't think the expectations people have are even that big, most would be happy with a less buggy and more polished SWG copy and SWG would be so easy to make with present technology it's not even funny.

Do not underestimate developers.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Originally posted by Laiquendi
    Originally posted by whisperwynd

Vanguard had a Lot of potential , a lot.  It just was too far ahead of its time to be done right, and the big one, it was pushed into launch way to fast before it could be completed.  But in all fairness , that game has some really cool ideas for an MMO.

Potential, yes but it was still Brad's words that hyped this train wreck that I was so looking forward to. He knew the problems plaguing the launch but still tried to sell it.  Too many have done this with games and they should be skeptically heard. My thoughts only though.

• kruluxkrulux Member Posts: 229

Very good to see comments from Brad McQuaid.  I always respected his vision and drive to make a solid MMO.... one that I would want to play.

I followed Vanguard a long time before it launched, got into late Alpha/early Beta and got to see that game at a very early stage.  We all knew the game was rough and shipped way to soon... regardless of the circumstances.   

I believed/agreed with most everything Brad ever said about Vanguard.  I believed it was going to be more a successor to EQ than EQ2 - and I truly think Brad wanted it to be.

No point in beating a dead horse on that account - but for Brad to say those nice things about EQN speaks volumes to me.

Please Please O' MMO gods of fate and destiny - let EQN be the ONE.  PLEASE!!!!

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

And the hype meter just jumped another 100 places. I dearly hope this game lives up to it. 

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by Affordable

Two tweets.

Saw a preview of the EQNext intro yesterday. I think EQ and VG players are going to love it!

Does he rly think that "Intro's" or "Rendertrailer" still mean something for us???

Man......

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Brad's on the SOE payroll, so why anyone would think his opinion of EQN is anything other than marketing is beyond me.
  • VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632
    Why is he just now seeing an intro to the game?  Isn't he working on it, or did I miss something?