Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What gender is your character going to be?

MoonBeansMoonBeans Member Posts: 173
i will probably be Barbarian Male, or Dark elf, male.  IRL male here.

Comments

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    depends which character.    i have many characters that i reuse in my online adventures, some are male, some are female, some are neutral.  anyhow, i select the "both" option.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

I will multibox two characters on day of release.

Male Kerra/Val Shir.

Female Kerra/Val Shir.

This could change if they bring back the EQ1 Erudites.

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607
    Waaaaaaaaayy too early to tell.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by NagelRitter

Not if you are a EQ vet, i would say many of us have already decided.

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Female only toons since EQ.

Every MMO out there makes all the male models look to bulky and usually they move weird.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by NagelRitter

I disagree with both of these assessment.

To Nagel. What have you done in other games?

To Savage: Sort of odd to be dead set on race/sex already.  What if the Kerran females have 6 oversized exposed teats?

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607
    Originally posted by grimfall

To Nagel. What have you done in other games?

Lots of random stuff. It really depends on what the given game offers and what everyone looks like.

For instance, before GW2 came out, I was really dead set on the (female) Charr, but then I played the Charr and I hated their wide hunchback stance, and the voice didn't sound as harsh as I anticipated, and I ended up playing something else instead. So I play human instead and I don't like human females so it's a male...

For EverQuest, I generally liked the Iksar, and it'd certainly be a male, but I need to know about the faction system... if I can't be a good Iksar I won't play one. Then I'll play a Barbarian female.

So for me, it's indeed too early to tell. Not because I don't know what I like, but because EQN is a new game we know next to nothing about.

Originally posted by SavageHorizon

That's great, but to me that sounds like you decided on your EQ1 character and you want to port it to EQN... EQN is a different game, it may lack certain races or classes, and stuff may look different and weird...

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    I am a male so i only play male characters, I am not into pretending to be a woman, but each to their own.
  • dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615

Both but males are almost exclusively "beastly" Think Charr from GW2 or "Monstrous" Say Orcs from WoW so if there aren't any that to me look enough "bad ass" then I will play pwetty very humanish females, if there aren't either chances are I won't get attached enough to them and won't play for long. So it all depends on what races there are and how good the modeling/texturing department is.

As a male.

• Dimsum1337Dimsum1337 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Depends on the race/class animations in the end. I like to keep my characters around for a while =)
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    I am a male so i only play male characters, I am not into pretending to be a woman, but each to their own.

It would be nice if they at least warned when they come onto chat, so we're not in for a surprise.

usually we are all like "wait..who is this male talking"

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i chose male IRL; play both.  i was surprised that (at the time at least) it's the most popular option.

i usually have a male main and female alts but in LOTRO i had the reverse. (because female hobbitses were cute!).

i never pretend to be a woman though, if anyone talks to me in the game it's clear i'm a guy.  sometimes i'll even name the female character something obviously male (in ff14:arr my beta character was a female miqo'te named JEdgar Hoover in deferance to, well, look it up)

if i do RP i'll play as a male character.  I'll only RP as a female character with clannies or whatever that know who i am , and i'll keep the RP about the game and not about gender.  i remember on Landroval (lotro) my female warden liked to take new players and "tour guide" them around, but that was not a gender related role at all.

that's my personal boundaries at least.

assuming the races are pulled from existing EQ races, i'll probably play a male froglok (FROAAAAAK) and a female ogre or troll.  I wonder if "bigedna" will fit thru the filter... because, you know, UHF reference.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

I'm curious, since you are (i assume) human, does that mean you only play humans? 

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• gkslashgkslash Member Posts: 27

Male; play both.

My main is always a Male. Any RP will always be done on my main.

Alts are usually female, because sometimes they just have better animations. I never pretend that I am a female though. Always make it known that I am male. Nothing wrong with playing however you want to play though. It is a game after all.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    I'm male and my mains are always male,alts are decided on whim at creation but at least one will be female probably.
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Early in Everquest there was no Voice Chat.. or it wasnt widely used at the time. I remember playing a female toon and would get weird guys sending tells. I would always respond the same way.. I have a Pen**, do you still need something.

Absolutely amazing how many of them said..nevermind

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Kiyoris

It would be nice if they at least warned when they come onto chat, so we're not in for a surprise.

Fortunately this does not effect me because I don't care what sex a toon's player really is because I don't play MMOs to pick up or to ERP so I don't give a damn if they are pretending to be something they aren't or not.I treat everyone equally badly!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    Originally posted by Kiyoris

Fortunately this does not effect me because I don't care what sex a toon's player really is because I don't play MMOs to pick up or to ERP so I don't give a damn if they are pretending to be something they aren't or not.I treat everyone equally badly!

lol, yeah I'm the same way. The idea of assuming a person is the same sex as their character seems so foreign to me.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Drakynn

LOL!

You should put that as a signature. :)

This discussion has been closed.