Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aug. 2nd Prediction/Betting thread! FFA PvP or Restricted PvP gogogo!

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Just make your prediction. No one cares if you will play one way or the other, vote/predict! Be a man/woman and sign you name!

I bet FFA PvP!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Yeah, no FFA pvp except on special servers, though i'm still holding out hope for single-server technology!

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• Agnostic42Agnostic42 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    I'll bet that they go with a SWG type flagging system. Smed tweets regarding people who loved SWG would really enjoy ExNext being my reason and not just PvP, but lots of other things as well.. Sony did it once, my money will go for them doing it again.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    as long as EQN players arent urging speed with "go go go"  (like WOW dungeons)  -  I'll be happy
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by arieste
    Yeah, no FFA pvp except on special servers, though i'm still holding out hope for single-server technology!

omg you sig! that first quote is awesome!

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by agnostic4eve
    I'll bet that they go with a SWG type flagging system. Smed tweets regarding people who loved SWG would really enjoy ExNext being my reason and not just PvP, but lots of other things as well.. Sony did it once, my money will go for them doing it again.

Yep.  There is no fairer compromise to arrive at a medium that will satisfy all play styles.  I am so sure that EQN will have a flagging system that I am willing to bet the house of every MMORPG.com poster on it.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Great PvP? I hope so and bet it will.

Full OWPvP in most areas? Nope

Unless there are seperate servers I can't see more than 30% if the world OWPvP. I'm still holding out for seperate server types that merge at specific battlefronts based around deity factions. 30% of the world should be good for part time PvPers :)
    16 votes, but only a few post. SIGN YOU NAME COWARDS!!
    Originally posted by Aelious
    Great PvP? I hope so and bet it will.

Full OWPvP in most areas? Nope

Unless there are seperate servers I can't see more than 30% if the world OWPvP. I'm still holding out for seperate server types that merge at specific battlefronts based around deity factions. 30% of the world should be good for part time PvPers :)

Why not have a 30% zone for PvE? A Place where you can quest until your heart is content. 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

That's it !

SOE still have all the SWG design documentation. EQNext is SWG set in a fantasy world ! image

OK, maybe not... image

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I've already said numerous times that the game will NOT force players into pvp.

Not sure if I would call that "restrictive" but since that is the closest choice that is what I put.

It's amazing how some people show their preferences in these polls, in some cases they almost drip with disdain for the "other side".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Bad poll options

But it will definitely not have FFA PVP

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

I think there should have been a broader choice range like:

1) PvP FFA
    2) PvP in certain areas
    3) PvE with duels and consensual PvP
    4) PvE and PvP on separate servers

I know devs have said things that lead us to believe PvP will be a part, but nothing is too clear yet.

Asdar

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I'd bet a million bucks that they'll not be non consensual PvP in EQN and anyone who thinks there will be is living in a fantasy land.  You seriously think a niche game would win best in show from two prestigious sources at EQ and not to mention the overwhelming hints pointed toward there not being FFA PvP based on cryptic tweets from the developers.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    Probably a TEF system like SWG, my favorite open world pop system. Everyone probably either starts off neutral until they join a faction or start in a faction due to their race.
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

What is the difference between FFA PvP and Restricted PvP?

Does restricted mean not possible everywhere?

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

Restricted. I predict perhaps faction based.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    The question is too simplistic.  Even in FFA pvp there are some server rules.  How many and what rules they implement would determine if it would even be considered FFA, open world, restricted.  And even after we know all that, its up to the invidual to decide on what FFA, open world, restricted, means to themselves.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    I'm going with restricted like Eve.  Open warfare on like 75% of the map. But a large carebear area. 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    It'll be restricted by factions.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

That's it !

SOE still have all the SWG design documentation. EQNext is SWG set in a fantasy world ! image

OK, maybe not... image

I just pee'd my pants.    That never once occurred to me till you just mentioned it   

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

Another PvE vs PvP poll?

Let me save you all the time with this poll by providing the obvious below listed outcome.  History has proven that no matter how many polls are created involving PvE vs PvP, in however manner of form or shape, it will always generally boil down to ...

Only PvE = 15%

FFA PvP = 10%

PvE with consensual PvP = 65%

Pie = 10%

There.  No need to keep checking back for results with bated breath. 

You're welcome.

• mos0811mos0811 Member Posts: 173
    I voted for FFA PvP; a man can dream can't he.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

I'm betting on something similar to SWG system, but probably more "hardcore".  EQ faction alignment systems has (used to have?) a threshold where you ended up KOS to faction NPCs. In EQN, this would be KOS to players of that faction too.

This mean that players could be neutral to everyone or KOS to everyone depending on their actions. The flagging would come in play when you're not KOS yet but want to attack players from another faction. It also mean that killing players in another faction add negative alignment with them.

People who don't want to PvE simply have to not use the flagging and avoid negative faction alignment points.

• mos0811mos0811 Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    I'm going with restricted like Eve.  Open warfare on like 75% of the map. But a large carebear area. 

Why do people keep thinking that PvP in EvE is restricted; there are no restrictions on where you can kill in EvE.  There are however consequences to your actions.

EvE has not place that is safe, and 100% of the world is open to warfare.  Yes hi-sec has a lot of safety measures built in that players can use to diminish the chances they go pop; but the mechanics of the game allow for 100% of space in EvE to be a potential death warrant.

• ZolbZolb Member UncommonPosts: 53

it depends how you are defining your options.

i think the game will either have a flagging system like SWG or have servers with different rule sets some for PvE and some PVP.

for that reason i voted restricted PvP as i dont think you will be forced in to if you dont want it.