Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Day one in dark fall: us Carebear edition

apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Chopchochopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchopchop. Mana to stamina chopchopchopchopchopchopchopchop

Crap my axe wore out hmm hmmm 100 timber is 5 gp at npc vendor buys new axe

Chopchopchopchopchopchopchopchop

Wonders what I'm gonna do with all this timber. Checks market. Hmm the market seems to be In sanginine.  Goes on a road trip (after putting every thing that I can drop in the bank)  pass couple peeps.  They seemed uninterested in the noob on foot. Runrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrun

encounters first jackass

respawns and I start running.  Luckily my gravestone marks my directions. Cross referencing maps on google I figure out I'm way west. Of sanginine. Needless to say I make it there. 

Chopchopchopchopchopchopchopchop.....and that's where I shall be till the servers shut down. ..or till I get bored with chopping trees. :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Comments

• Muerte_XMuerte_X Member Posts: 104
    Well that's one way to play it ;). I'd recommend trying the PvE as it is fun as well; get a couple thousand prowess in the safe zone, get comfortable with the controls a bit and find a guild. The game really picks up when you are playing with others and feel you have a city to call home.

Often lurking, rarely posting

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

I just started playing a few days ago.  I made my character, went through the tutorial, and then just kind of wandered.  

Thanks in part to me having put the video of my short adventure on YouTube, I got contacted by a handful of members of the DFUW community, and I'd say so far, I'm impressed!

One fella in particular took me and a friend in game, got us set up, took us out randomly killing bears, and a random person, overall, it has been a great experience!

Had it not been for the one kind soul who killed 6+ hours last night teaching me and my friend the game, we'd have probably not given the game a second thought, but now, I can't wait to log in again!

I won't be much help to you in game as I'm just starting as well, but in a way to 'pay it forward' from the guy who helped me, if you want to chat with someone or need any basic help, look up  "Unfair Co"  

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

open your GUI and check for the little star on the right side, this is your feats. These feats can give you a goal.

You can also collect some money and buy  cheap small treasure maps, if you dig them up they give your between 1k-3k gold and materials.

The most important thing is to join a clan if you are clueless what to do in an open world game.

You little experience is the perfect example why the current themepark mmos are so successful, current generation of gamers needs a hand who leads them through the game

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Niburu

open your GUI and check for the little star on the right side, this is your feats. These feats can give you a goal.

You can also collect some money and buy  cheap small treasure maps, if you dig them up they give your between 1k-3k gold and materials.

The most important thing is to join a clan if you are clueless what to do in an open world game.

You little experience is the perfect example why the current themepark mmos are so successful, current generation of gamers needs a hand who leads them through the game

Don't assume you know me bro.  4 years in eve. 2 in Swg. I would say I'm well versed in playing in the sand. 

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I thought that was a positive post by OP. He did what he wanted to do. I'm loving my time with the game and I have no real love of pvp.
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

Nice to see people enjoying their game of choice, it's become such a rare thing nowadays image

I'll proably give Unholy Wars one of those days, I'm curious to see how much this game has improved since the last time I played it.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

That's a bit harsh. Maybe the guy is wanting to focus on gathering and crafting? Maybe he's wanting to solo things for a while? It's up to OP how they want to play the game.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Hope you enjoy your time in Darkfall.  I know I do.
  • PocketprotectorgamesPocketprotectorgames Member Posts: 22

$40.00 + $15/monthly for a tree chopping simulator? TAKE MY MONEY!

!image

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

And I came here expecting a story.

You could have done more with it OP.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by apocoluster

Don't assume you know me bro.  4 years in eve. 2 in Swg. I would say I'm well versed in playing in the sand. 

Your post makes even less sense than... why on earth did you choose playing the afk part of game and than complain about it? Or do you wanna say  in EvE mining an asteroid is more fun and engaging?

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by StarI

Your post makes even less sense than... why on earth did you choose playing the afk part of game and than complain about it? Or do you wanna say  in EvE mining an asteroid is more fun and engaging?

I wasn't aware I was complaining

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by StarI

"afk part of a game" ...

wow ..

This is on so many levels wrong for a MMORPG ..it still mazes me and let me speakless ...

How crap can a company design a game if there is a "afk part" of it...

Bad ..game design is bad....

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

"afk part of a game" ...

wow ..

This is on so many levels wrong for a MMORPG ..it still mazes me and let me speakless ...

How crap can a company design a game if there is a "afk part" of it...

Bad ..game design is bad....

Are you the same DarthRaiden who used to rave about DF1, even though a large part of how people skilled up entailed AFK swimming, bloodwalling, etc? It's ironic that you'd make this complaint so strongly now about UW.

And anyway, the harvesting in UW is the same as it was in 1.0 (a game that you praised and defended for so long)... you find a node, equip the right tool, click to begin harvesting, and wait.

It's one thing to express disdain of a game and provide good reason, while remaining consistent in your views.

You're doing neither in this post of yours. It's criticism for criticism's sake.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Tamaguchi was a very successful afk game. I see nothing wrong having same section of the game with afk game play.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"