Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: SOE Live Sells Out

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

All advanced-purchase tickets for this year's SOE Live have been sold out and the number of "walk up" tickets is very limited according to a press release from Sony Online Entertainment. Those who did not score a ticket need not worry as the team also revealed a full slate of live-streaming events to keep players and fans in touch with the convention happenings.

Fans that cannot make it to SOE Live this year do not have to miss out on all of the action. SOE will be livestreaming the event, including all keynotes and tournaments, through Twitch TV. Be sure to tune in for the news on your favorite titles! Abbreviated schedule below:

Thursday, Aug. 1:

Friday, Aug. 2:

Tune in to the links above at the appointed times to check out your favorite titles!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZanagiZanagi Member Posts: 30
    Eh I can always go and gamble if they announce WoE
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Looks like Smedley's hype train tactic worked well :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• DangerNobuoDangerNobuo Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by Tierless
    So many people are gonna be trolled when they announce WORLD OF EVERQUEST

Mind=Blown

Titans is actually a secret project between Blizzard and SoE to create the largest MMO ever!

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

So instead of saving the best for last, they are doing a reveal right after registration, then expecting people to stick around for the other stuff...

Right ....

I suspect it is just going to be an informal teaser on Friday, the unveiling of a trailer, some history / buildup from when SOE first released EQ1 back in 1999 .. hopes, desires, ambitions, introductions, and such, along with "come back tomorrow!"  They might even throw in an Easter egg about SWG.

... with the more juicy stuff on other days.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    sell outs.
  • LctwoLctwo Member Posts: 55
    4 pm, 6 pm, 9:30 am and 12 pm?

I'm guessing that's a typo
  • jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Karteli

So instead of saving the best for last, they are doing a reveal right after registration, then expecting people to stick around for the other stuff...

Right ....

I suspect it is just going to be an informal teaser on Friday, the unveiling of a trailer, some history / buildup from when SOE first released EQ1 back in 1999 .. hopes, desires, ambitions, introductions, and such, along with "come back tomorrow!"  They might even throw in an Easter egg about SWG.

... with the more juicy stuff on other days.

Well there are numerous things scheduled throughout the entire weekend that involves different aspects of EQ next.  Not srue where you even think they are trying to only one thing on EQNext.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    i think the title of this thread has so much potential come Friday.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576
    It's quite normal for SOE to announce their new stuff early at SOE Live (or Fanfaire as it was previously called). They spend the next day with various panels about it, demos for the attendees to try, meet the devs sessions, etc. they are also showing new EQ and EQ2 stuff - and the people who go are fans if lots of games, not just there to see EQNext.
    Also, the event runs from Thursday to Saturday, so the eqnext reveal is the not right at the start.

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• MirslpMirslp Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Will there be a re-cap for us EU citizens who are not able to follow it live?
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Wouldn't be the right chronological order like this ?

Thursday, Aug. 1:

Friday, Aug. 2:

You US guys always confuse me with your a.m. / p.m. nonsense. Is it so hard to use 24hrs time values ? ;)
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    I am going to be so, so surprised if I am not disappointed by EQN.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

A week or so ago, they announced what the virtual items were if you bought tickets, and while they did not directly say to each community that they did not have to attend to get the virtual swag, they did make it clear that if you buy a ticket you get the virtual swag for all the games.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Blizzcon sells out every year.

Does that mean WoW is as amazing of a game as EQN?

Good for SOE - but come on people... this doesn't actually mean anything other than "people are excited."

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    People are soooo hyped.....I can't wait to see how this one plays out.
  • JIUBHUNNY420JIUBHUNNY420 Member Posts: 131

Lol 

Soe Lives sells out.

Obviously Foretells that EQN is shite.

I love the Logic On MMORPG.com

J-Hun Lookin to Creep Yall!

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Originally posted by JIUBHUNNY420

Lol 

Soe Lives sells out.

I guess it's still considered cool and edgy to be a hater instead of a fan. Being excited is no longer the "in" thing.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• JIUBHUNNY420JIUBHUNNY420 Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by Tygranir
    Originally posted by JIUBHUNNY420

Lol 

Soe Lives sells out.

I guess it's still considered cool and edgy to be a hater instead of a fan. Being excited is no longer the "in" thing.

I just dont understand why people are so naive about things. People assume that hyping a product means its going to be shite, because you have to overhype it to trick people into buying it or something? When in reality EVERYONEHYPES THEIR PRODUCT! 

Hell if your in a local metal band and your in casual conversation with a few people at a bar and tell them "Yeah I really think this will be our best album to date, its much more progressive and technical than our previous albums."

THATS HYPE!

You dont have to be a Million Dollar Company to hype a game, you dont need thousands of fans, Hype Happens.

So deal with it.

J-Hun Lookin to Creep Yall!

• MMO-BPMMO-BP Member Posts: 21
    I, for one, am looking forward to hearing their announcements.