Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funny tidbit from old school EQ...

drh3010drh3010 Member Posts: 26

After doing /who in the zone, Druid was always misspelled as "Anon".

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    After camping out at the 2 treeent spawn for a day you better have bound at the bank or you were rooted by copper =-) Why did treeants have copper coins anyways?
  • gkslashgkslash Member Posts: 27

The first time you accidentally pressed the attack key, when trying to talk to an NPC, and then got viciously mauled by him/her, and all his/her friends!

Such good times.

Size does not matter in MMOs. After char creation on my first char finding out my 10 foot tall Ogre could not kill a level 3 Armadillo walking around town even if its as big as my foot. Died in 2-3 hits within the first few min of playing my first MMO.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Finally getting my bearings in the woods, only to start hearing a sound "Fwomp ... Fwomp .. Fwomp"  slowly getting louder and louder, but not being able to see a damn thing because it was nighttime.... then realizing why people generally stay indoors at night.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Originally posted by gkslash

The first time you accidentally pressed the attack key, when trying to talk to an NPC, and then got viciously mauled by him/her, and all his/her friends!

Such good times.

Or as bard, run to the guards with your L2 aoe song going.

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334
    First time in game ever , going up to a guard and saying "hail" , but not knowing I needed to hit enter first to be in chat mode so when I hit the "a" key I end up attacking the guard and instantly dieing. Not realizing I did this and then actively avoid all guards for the next few hours out of fear some of them didn't like to be talked to;.
  • MMO-ManiacMMO-Maniac Member Posts: 176
    Strolling through Kithicor Forest and not remembering that they changed it.
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Losing 3 levels trying to get my gear back...

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334

Or even better...

The first time I went into Grieg's End. No one had told me anything about the zone, all of a sudden the tank is a monster.. then the cleric..My guild mates play dumb when I tell them they look like monsters...  I run out screaming train to zone! Oh that zone was so brilliant  and my guild was wonderful for not filling me in on anything.

• MMO-ManiacMMO-Maniac Member Posts: 176
    "Train!" said in Befallen, Crushbone and others.
    Originally posted by Karteli

Finally getting my bearings in the woods, only to start hearing a sound "Fwomp ... Fwomp .. Fwomp"  slowly getting louder and louder, but not being able to see a damn thing because it was nighttime.... then realizing why people generally stay indoors at night.

Trying to hide in an INN at night, and then getting attacked through the wall by a GIANT spider. Giant Spiders (or any mob for that matter) clearly DGAF about walls. lolol

• VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

In Befallen:

"Oh look, a well"

"I wonder how far down it goes"

<looks>

LOADING. PLEASE WAIT....

• VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

Got a ring off some named mob in Befallen.  Had no stats.  Sold it to vendor.

Later found out the ring was part of the Paw of Opolla quest or something like that.  Worth over 1k.

Going to a mob spawn that you know is notorious for not spawning, and it is just sitting there once you arrive. Instantly become overjoyed, and  feel like you won the lottery. You then eratically look around making sure no one else is there as you frantically rush towards it to get close enough to attack.

Then it doesn't drop the item you need....

LoL

That quest can feel epic, today quest takes 2-5 min and feels like a small task. Doing a quest in EQ1 could take 6 months to a year. Gota love getting your Epic =-)
  • VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205

There used to be a bug where a summoned pet would attack party members if you had an aoe spell or proc. At least I think thats what caused it. This happened to me in a group with a couple of online friends. I was up front as a melee ranger (dont ask) and I guess a proc from my SSOY hit the Shammys wolf.

The group thought this was immensly funny as I ran in circles asking them to get it off me! Not so funny when I died because the shaman was to busy laughing his ass off to heal me.  LOL good times!

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    That quest can feel epic, today quest takes 2-5 min and feels like a small task. Doing a quest in EQ1 could take 6 months to a year. Gota love getting your Epic =-)

I can't see what you write without messing with contrast.

You know forums have standard colours for a reason, right? It makes it easier for anyone to read. Play with settings once, read forever.

Not trying to have a go; I just want to point out that your quest for individuality makes you difficult to read for me.

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    A Paladin can not kick... but a snake can..

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Attempting to run from Freeport to Qeynos to meet up with guild mates when you couldn't find a Druid or Wizard to port you!

First time was a nightmare, second time was frightening and there was never a third time because it was quicker to wait a few days for a port!

Level does not matter for aggro, no matter your level a Bixie Bee will hunt you down and try to kill you as you cross the zone. 1 HP at a time.
  • CapnCrunchCapnCrunch Member Posts: 7
    Trying to kill a wisp without a magical weapon.... Lets say it did not end well.
  • bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679
    Wiping in the depths of a dungeon and spending the next seven days begging Necromancers and Rogues to help get your corpses back :)
    Originally posted by bobfish
    Wiping in the depths of a dungeon and spending the next seven days begging Necromancers and Rogues to help get your corpses back :)

If you have a coffin on you I can help with that =-)

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

turning in enough crushbone belts and killing enough orcs to get "regards you warmly" in kelethin on my iksar shadowknight. 

randomly running through Sro and having the ancient cyclops spawn on top of my head. 

watching my pet (enchanter) immediately kill the cyclops and loot what i needed for jboots (but wasn't even looking for).

being able to buy/sell your way to being rich and in end-game gear at level 10 in Nfp.

having to run through dreadlands in order to get back "home" on my level 20 iksar SK. screaming inside and breaking out in a cold sweat the entire way to lake of ill omen. 

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by gkslash

Such good times.

This lol.