Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't let this game pass you by

Comments

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by dyermaker714
    Call me biased or closed-minded or whatever, but the fact that this game 1) Is zoned, as in has loading screens between zones, as in not seamless (its 2013...seriously? What in existence could possibly Annihilate immersion more that a freakin loading screen..just..wow) and 2) That there is ZERO open world PvP are just huge disappointments for me. Its a shame too because I truly love Final Fantasy

You love Final Fantasy but fail to realize Final fantasy has never been about player conflict?

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Originally posted by WKMitchell

Just wanted to point out that main reason this is primarily a PvE game is that is what the JP audience seems to prefer (based on previous experience and many of the changes made to games being versioned for Japan most recent being Archage that I read about).

What have they done to Archage in Japan ?

Chamber of Chains
  • Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    I'm definitely not going to let this game pass me by, will be buying at launch in approximately a month from now.
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Bought the CE of original version so i got a month of free play time. Nothing to lose here really. I will play for a month and then just move on to something else. The problem is not that FFXIV is a bad game but MMOS likes these have no longevity beyond first month.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• lafaiellafaiel Member UncommonPosts: 93

Definitely won't let it pass me by, had such a blast in beta, don't remember the last time I had so much fun in an MMO, preordered  it already.

Now I'm going through withdrawls since beta ended.

• BioBreakBioBreak Member Posts: 48

I was in the same boat as you OP.

I even played FFXI, and could not enjoy it after a month of play.

So I avoided FFXIV like the plague when it came out, and glad I did after reading the reviews. Told myself, that is what I expected.

Well, I was snooping around awhile back, and found this news about FFXIV being shutdown and soon to come back out as FF:ARR.

Well I thought what was the harm in applying for the Beta, so I did.

So I ended up getting an invite for phase 2, I didn't do anything about at first because I had family issues to deal with it, and I was kind of MEH towards the idea anyway. Well, a few days were left on the test schedule, so I downloaded the client and logged in. I played two classes to level 7 and it ended. I didn't think anything special about it, it just felt like another MMO.

So when phase 3 came around, I didn't jump on right away as I did in Phase 2. About 3 days left in the testing. So I jumped on, made another toon and off I went.

So about 6 hours later when my wife came up to ask me what I was doing, I realized I was enjoying myself. I was having tons of fun. It was a shock to me as well. So I went out and pre-oredered, joined a great guild. And I am awaiting P4 and release impatiently. 

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Played the beta, was hooked. It was love at 10 levels! Its a fun game with a lot goin for it. Sure it has its problems, but there addressing them as quickly as there able.

I like the combat. Im old, twitchy combat is not for me. I like to be able to play a  MMO and have fun, not a twitch fest that is the "new and improved" combat thats been coming out lately.

It is a story driven MMO,. You have story quest you must do in order to advance. Its not anytning new to MMOs. Its a solid, old fashioned MMO . The kid of MMO I used to play. I think its at least worth a shot to try it out. Open Beta is coming out soon.

Worth a shot, at the very least. Its not goin to be for everyone! Its not the next WoW killer. Its a good, fun MMO with old school feeel to it.

See you guys in Open Beta!

Originally posted by crucial01
    Really want to try this game and see if I like it before the release...how do you get into the open beta I cant find a way? :

Its all up in the air right now on dates. 8/8 is the next Newsletter and Im sure they will give dates then. Once Open Beta is on, youll be able to get in. The beta thing is closed right now. Tried last night to get my son in the next beta, but it says its Closed. :(

Keep an eye out. Im sure itll be posted on here.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    /wave as it passes by
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Unfortunately, the game plays like a less polished WoW with a FF soundtrack tacked on. I only made it to lvl 30 in B3, so it may get better at higher levels, but the outlook is kinda grim at the moment.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336

As a potential customer, this game passed by already.  They refuse to fix the major complaints, the biggest of which was combat, hiding behind the "it's not for everyone" excuse. Any company that talks like that to a potential customer doesn't care enough about their product to have me buy it. When I hear something is not for everyone I automatically simplify, to me, it sounds like I'm being told only a sucker would buy that crap. Sure, the game doesn't look like crap, but if you plan on using a product long-term the company behind it has to has at least a minimum standard. If they do not believe they have the best game out there, they have no standards.

Now you're probably over-reacting and saying "well i-i-i-im not a sucker and I wanna buy it". Well truth be told, if they need  to tell people that a game isn't for everyone, eg. even for people without a PC, or people without broadband, or people with no interest in gaming, it means they think you are a sucker. You could have figured that out for yourself that not everyone can play this game, so why are they saying that? Because they want to make you feel inadequate if you don't buy their product, but even with that, they can't even focus on the client, potential client, YOU, only on everyone else. So if you think for a second, you quickly realize that they aren't making the game for you, they are making a game so that you can give them your money and make their shareholders happy. 

This game has never been about the gamer.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by neobahamut20

As a potential customer, this game passed by already.  They refuse to fix the major complaints, the biggest of which was combat, hiding behind the "it's not for everyone" excuse. Any company that talks like that to a potential customer doesn't care enough about their product to have me buy it. When I hear something is not for everyone I automatically simplify, to me, it sounds like I'm being told only a sucker would buy that crap. Sure, the game doesn't look like crap, but if you plan on using a product long-term the company behind it has to has at least a minimum standard. If they do not believe they have the best game out there, they have no standards.

Now you're probably over-reacting and saying "well i-i-i-im not a sucker and I wanna buy it". Well truth be told, if they need  to tell people that a game isn't for everyone, eg. even for people without a PC, or people without broadband, or people with no interest in gaming, it means they think you are a sucker. You could have figured that out for yourself that not everyone can play this game, so why are they saying that? Because they want to make you feel inadequate if you don't buy their product, but even with that, they can't even focus on the client, potential client, YOU, only on everyone else. So if you think for a second, you quickly realize that they aren't making the game for you, they are making a game so that you can give them your money and make their shareholders happy. 

This game has never been about the gamer.

lol too funny, looks like someone is way over-reacting.

• crucial01crucial01 Member Posts: 4
    Alot of people seem to like the combat system though from what I have been reading...so not sure if them not caring is the issue. Basically at this point I have been hearing alot of praise for this game after researching the past couple of days but the main point that is brought up on the negative side seems to be the simplified and slow combat....so I hope if it really is an issue they can do something about it by the release date since this is pretty much the only thing holding me back from buying it right now.
  • NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

Or maybe they're just sitting on their area and sticking with it?

You seriously expect every game to cater to every single person who can take issue with something? You think EVE would have ever existed under those circumstances?

If it's not for everyone, it's not for everyone, and I am not sure why you have such a problem with that fact. The lack of this attitude is specifically why we have so many shitty MMO's.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

When all the hype is from people who have played the game (many extensively) and all the hate is from people who haven't played or only played the first few levels...

Always a good sign, that's all I'm saying.

Originally posted by BadSpock

When all the hype is from people who have played the game (many extensively) and all the hate is from people who haven't played or only played the first few levels...

LOL...I feel the same way! 

Open Beta soon. I think its worth a try. Its not goin to be for everyone, but IMO, it will be for a lot of people. People looking for a fun MMO.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I just hope they bring in more info before the open beta. Specially on jobs, I can't find anything abundant or concrete on the Summoner!

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185

When all the hype is from people who have played the game (many extensively) and all the hate is from people who haven't played or only played the first few levels...Always a good sign, that's all I'm saying.

that is not true...il just restate my post..
    Originally posted by rommello

Unfortunately it will pass me by....thru these betas (got to almost 30 on phase 1, skipped phase 2, played phase 3) I have noticed that 1 thing has not been improved upon in any way.

Tab tab tab 12345 click click 12345 every couple seconds all day long & once in a while in party u get to do a limit break.

The engine used in this game is the best thing about it unfortunately (sad other devs wont get it)

all i see r some ppl willing to pay subs to this game (& limited edition or watever its called) while also trying to drag in others into paying as well, thereby engaging in as many flame wars on flamers as possible

hallo ~_~

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

that is not true...il just restate my post..
    Unfortunately it will pass me by....thru these betas (got to almost 30 on phase 1, skipped phase 2, played phase 3) I have noticed that 1 thing has not been improved upon in any way. Tab tab tab 12345 click click 12345 every couple seconds all day long & once in a while in party u get to do a limit break. The engine used in this game is the best thing about it unfortunately (sad other devs wont get it)

There are some folks who like this type of combat.

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741

If a game isn't fun from the beginning... I don't want to play a game that starts at max level. It may just not be for me, but why play a game that you have to grind for days/weeks before you start having fun?

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Tygranir

If a game isn't fun from the beginning... I don't want to play a game that starts at max level. It may just not be for me, but why play a game that you have to grind for days/weeks before you start having fun?

Open Beta is around the corner, see for yourself, fun is subjective, if you enjoy it keep on playing, if you don't no harm no foul, you lost nothing, move on, continue searching for a game you enjoy and have fun in.

• rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371

If you're like me, you have (or had) NO interest in ever playing a Final Fantasy game,

i stopped reading soon as you wrote that lol...

I agree. The game should be fun once you get past the tutorial.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Daxamar

It is!

The tutorial lasts for about the first 15 levels though haha.

I find the game fun from the get go, however.

And come on people, I'm pretty sure I didn't say that "100% of people who have played the game like it" because there are never absolutes. Saying "all" is a general statement, pretty logical to assume I REALLY didn't mean ALL.

Coming into the thread and saying "no BadSpock is wrong because I and my friend Bob hated the game" is just pointless.

Generally speaking, the hype is coming from people who have played the game extensively and the hate is coming from people who haven't played or only played the first few levels.

Is that better?

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by Daxamar

It is!

The tutorial lasts for about the first 15 levels though haha.

I find the game fun from the get go, however.

And come on people, I'm pretty sure I didn't say that "100% of people who have played the game like it" because there are never absolutes. Saying "all" is a general statement, pretty logical to assume I REALLY didn't mean ALL.

Coming into the thread and saying "no BadSpock is wrong because I and my friend Bob hated the game" is just pointless.

Generally speaking, the hype is coming from people who have played the game extensively and the hate is coming from people who haven't played or only played the first few levels.

Is that better?

Agreed. I liked the first 15 levels, it was ok, but I love the game after that. This is the first game in years, I couldn t wait to play when I got home. I think the last 2 that did that was FFXI, and DAOC.