Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Queen's Jubilee to Commence August 6th

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

The next biweekly update for Guild Wars 2 has been revealed by special invitations sent out to members of the community and press. The Queen's Jubilee begins August 6th, focused around Kryta and Queen Jennah. Read on for a few details based on the mail we received from "Divinity's Reach" today.

Inside the envelope below were two printed cards showcasing some of the updates upcoming artwork. One appears to be a Charr looking on towards Queen Jennah as she greets the public.  The other shows what we can only assume is the "Crown Pavilion" mentioned in the invitation itself.

The images below are the cards, but in case you can't read my iPhone's pics:

Queen's Jubilee to Commence August 6th

By Royal Proclamation, Her Majesty Queen Jennah of Kryta welcomes you to join the citizens of Divinity's Reach in celebrating ten years of her rule.  Her Royal Majesty Queen Jennah will personally dedicate the new Crown Pavilion and open ceremonial contests to celebrate the indomitable spirit of the Krytan people. Hot-air balloons stand at the ready across Tyria to convey celebrants and well-wishers of all races to Divinity's Reach.

Very few other details were given, but something tells us we'll know more soon considering August 6th is next week. Stay tuned to MMORPG.com for more info as it comes about. It also should be noted that Divinity's Reach is in Seattle... I always knew Kryta was American.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411
    would be kick ass if the sent that to current playing players.

• RamadonisRamadonis Member Posts: 18
    They are really going all out with these events and such. Gotta give them credit for that.
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    I want one...

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411
    yeah. and im very excited about this one because it finally is not in Lions Arch. Am really tired of everything happening there.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541
    Originally posted by Flex1
    would be kick ass if the sent that to current playing players.

They will image

Through Email image

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    yeah. and im very excited about this one because it finally is not in Lions Arch. Am really tired of everything happening there.

A-freaking-men

• neurojameneurojame Member Posts: 26
    Possibly a new PvP tournament area worked into the living story? Would be great if we could control the crowd noises while in spectator mode. (to control the booing or cheering of the crowd during others single PvP play sessions)
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Imo, they need to either direct players to the other (freaking awesome) cities more often, or provide a mechanism that allows players hang out in whichever city they want without being segregated from the main population (ie. adding a global channel that connects all cities.)  One way or another, the cities in GW2 have so much to offer.  They're above and beyond the most beautiful virtual cities I've ever seen in an MMO.  I just want a reason to hang out in them more.  

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    this one should be cool. I love divinity's reach & Queen Jennah!
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I wonder if this will be an chance for some of the charr who dont want to be friends with humans to have a chance at the queen or maybe the councillor or some one will try to take her out during the event leading us to another chase of who done it? I just hope this event has some cool content and story like the ones before.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    Originally posted by nolic1
    I wonder if this will be an chance for some of the charr who dont want to be friends with humans to have a chance at the queen or maybe the councillor or some one will try to take her out during the event leading us to another chase of who done it? I just hope this event has some cool content and story like the ones before.

They said on the forums that they're going to be focusing much more heavily on the political intrigue & story behind the Queen & Minister, and human Monarchy and situation in Kryta as a whole and this is the start of that I believe. I remember pre-launch they talked about players eventually will have to pick sides between the Queen & Royal Family vs the Minister, I wonder if there will be a conflict where we have to choose one over the other for a time being sort of like this Kiel & Evon situation. Eep!

Long live the Queen! :D

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    I love Guild Wars two. It is its own  game for  sure. I REALLY  wish a game with the old school trinity system would do updates this often though. Would be amazing. (I just have to tank :) )
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by djazzy

A-freaking-men

Double that.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Br3akingDawn
    Until I can race change I will NOT log back into GW2!!!

You seriously have a fair lack of understanding as to why you cannot change races in GW2.  Roughly 1/3rd of a person's Personal Story revolves around which race they choose at the character creation.  And it is a choice, so you yourself made it.

As for this event, I cannot WAIT to see what's in store for Divinity's Reach.   I mean, I'm so much hoping that it's got something really good in store.  

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by Valentina
    Originally posted by nolic1

They said on the forums that they're going to be focusing much more heavily on the political intrigue & story behind the Queen & Minister, and human Monarchy and situation in Kryta as a whole and this is the start of that I believe. I remember pre-launch they talked about players eventually will have to pick sides between the Queen & Royal Family vs the Minister, I wonder if there will be a conflict where we have to choose one over the other for a time being sort of like this Kiel & Evon situation. Eep!

Long live the Queen! :D

Yes that would be great if they did but I am also wondering if this will open up some of the other lore in the city such as the huge hole  and such.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

I stopped playing this game for it's WvW aspect a while ago, and essentially look at it as a PvE game that I pick up every so often, but on that note, it's not a bad PvE game, I just wish they finally got to the meat of the game's lore, and not run around doing seemingly random and disconnected content.

Hopefully with a return to content involving the Ministry in Kryta, we'll finally see a return of the White Mantle and Mursaat (Unseen Ones) plot line, which has existed since the very first Guild Wars game, and already has plenty of easter egg mentions in GW2, notably in Brisban Wildlands and the Human personal story arc.

The 'epic' and deep plot themes need to return to this game, not whatever theme the past several patched attempted to have.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Yay :D It's about time something happened there! By far the best MMO city I've witnessed <3
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Queens Jubilee

Looks pretty solid.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• Solo-niteSolo-nite Member Posts: 5

It would be awesome if they sent those invites to our homes :)

I have really gotten back into GW2 and fair do's they are sticking to their 2 weekly events.