Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grouping size and trinity

13»

Comments

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    6 man for sure, but I would like to see duo and trio to be a decent way to level through the game too. As I played XI and the game aged it became harder and harder to fill the 6 man party with the jobs needed. But the best XP should come from 6 man pt's

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    Originally posted by Zarriya

btw for those who think it will be scalable content - i do not believe we will see that because of the fact it is supposed to be a sanbox.  The only thing I think that would leave me to think that they can do scalable content is that in EQ2 they have open world raids that scale depending on how many people were fighting.  The loot also then adjusts accordingly.

Why would being a sandbox prevent the game from doing scalable content? Those two mechanics are not exclusive to each other. 

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Originally posted by Naqaj

btw for those who think it will be scalable content - i do not believe we will see that because of the fact it is supposed to be a sanbox.  The only thing I think that would leave me to think that they can do scalable content is that in EQ2 they have open world raids that scale depending on how many people were fighting.  The loot also then adjusts accordingly.

Why would being a sandbox prevent the game from doing scalable content? Those two mechanics are not exclusive to each other. 

Mostly b/c scalable content is often done via instancing (ie not sandbox) but, like i said b4 Eq2 does it out in the open world during certain ring events.

I do like scalable content but sometimes it takes away  a sense of achievement :   " I killed Nagafen in a 200man raid" versus " I killed Nagafen with me and three others...."     (yes i exaggerated to make a point  :)    )

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Naqaj

Mostly b/c scalable content is often done via instancing (ie not sandbox) but, like i said b4 Eq2 does it out in the open world during certain ring events.

I do like scalable content but sometimes it takes away  a sense of achievement :   " I killed Nagafen in a 200man raid" versus " I killed Nagafen with me and three others...."     (yes i exaggerated to make a point  :)    )

GW2 dynamic events scaling have lower/upper bounds on those scale. What I mean is that not all content have to scale from 1 to 100 players. Some might require at least 30, others might stop at 30 players and become trivial if more players than that shows up.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

What if they break new ground and do something never before seen in an mmo?

SEVEN person groups!