Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4 reasons I like firefall

cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

Personally there are 4 reasons I like firefall .

1. The game is not easy ( in fact if you don't pay attention in combat a large squad can appear and wipe you out)

2. The crafting is insanely complicated until you actualy do it for a week ( recommend researching refining IV as soon as possible.)

3. In combat you have to keep moving ( or you'll fall down.)

4. Jump jets !!!!

the game needs more areas but exploring finds interesting things . I try to do my dailies once a day and always have something researching. 

Granted the game needs work but an awesome start.

Current games;
Star treck online
Rift
Eve online
Firefall

Comments

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Woops

• versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288

The combat and movement was fun for like an hour or so. Then you start looking for things to do and realize how grindy the pve is and how utterly pointless the normalized battleground-style pvp is.

It's free though, so there's always the chance you aren't going to play it often enough to get burned out on its repetitiveness, but use it as a nifty time-killer in between other things.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by cyrician

1. The game is not easy ( in fact if you don't pay attention in combat a large squad can appear and wipe you out)

2. The crafting is insanely complicated until you actualy do it for a week ( recommend researching refining IV as soon as possible.)

4. Jump jets !!!!

the game needs more areas but exploring finds interesting things . I try to do my dailies once a day and always have something researching. 

I agree with you. I'M having a blast playing this game. And the community seems to be a very helpful one too.  I love how deep the crafting system is also. Its hard to go back to other mmo's after doing combat in this game. Everything else seems really slow and boring. Its nice not having to look for some quest npc to find something to do. I login and go look for trouble. You get xp for everything even reviving players. I don't get how anyone can say they don't know what to do in this game. Everytime you login you get a little list on the top right of things you can do if you need to. I just go out and explore to see what i can run into. I always find something.

• r3dl4ncer3dl4nce Member UncommonPosts: 114

4 reasons I like Firefall

1. Open world non linear Third Person Shooter with MMO elements

2. Thumping, just reminds me of Frank Herbert's Dune, if only we could have melange and sandworms...

3. Battleframes and their different roles with nice progression (not based on farming of instances or gear but instead crafting gear as you like)

4. Jump jets to have a 3D combat and exploration

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

I like it for three very simple reasons:

1. the combat is engaging for me;

2. the crafting is deep enough that I can cut my teeth on it in preparation for more difficult games;

3. the exploration factor is there, granted the world isn't big but with constantly reshuffling resources, events and missions it gets you going good enough.

Will I be playing it for very long? Depends how true the rumours I keep hearing about the land expansion phase being in stage 2 or 3 of the open beta, if it doesn't hit by then I'll likely still play but once I get where I need to with my assault frame I will only ever get on to blow of some steam.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Reasons why I enjoy it so far:

1. Open and non-linear in regards to what you can do

2. Fast, fluid combat with jetpacks

3. Class/spec freedom and versatility

4. Interesting crafting/gathering

Like others have said, they really need to expand the world a great deal, add some more content and perhaps more varied landscapes and "dynamic" events that actually alters the world, but I still find it fun just roving around for now.

What I'd really like though, is territory control, open PvP areas and housing of some sort (just bases or such would be nice). I'm not a fan of instanced PvP at all, and a game like this would be great for open world conflicts à la EVE.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Biskop

Reasons why I enjoy it so far:

1. Open and non-linear in regards to what you can do

2. Fast, fluid combat with jetpacks

3. Class/spec freedom and versatility

4. Interesting crafting/gathering

Like others have said, they really need to expand the world a great deal, add some more content and perhaps more varied landscapes and "dynamic" events that actually alters the world, but I still find it fun just roving around for now.

What I'd really like though, is territory control, open PvP areas and housing of some sort (just bases or such would be nice). I'm not a fan of instanced PvP at all, and a game like this would be great for open world conflicts à la EVE.

I am enjoying the game as well. An expansion with some open world PvP would be good (even though I am not a PvP player). More landscape would be nice in general. Also, gliding is a bit touchy. The game also needs a return to base teleport (you choose your home base). Crafting is insane. Please lower the time to a reasonable amount. Also, one should not be able to be tagged as afk while the crafting is in progress.

There are still glitches to be worked out.. Like enemy npc's getting stuck in walls and bugging out a watchtower or the gun sound still going after the trigger is released. But overall a very engaging game (I really like the recon class...raptor...see those four enemy soldiers about to eat you for lunch just explode? Yeah that was me at 140 meters out).

• cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Originally posted by cyrician

4. Jump jets !!!!

Give me a good reason to like this game!

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

I dislike the graphics style, but I do enjoy the gameplay. I really like how the AI is just like bots for other shooter games (mimic human players). Not enough games have AI that operates like this.

The only thing I found that I dislike is how enemies can spawn right on top of you, or in front of you, or behind you right out of thin air. I die a little inside whenever this happens.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

for me personally?

the Pros

1) the crafting and gathering (thump thump thump) are not your standard click recipe and wham; you can customize the gear you make to an extent

2) the lore is interesting (as it should be; a nebula winning author supplied it)

3) the combat is fast to learn but hard to perfect

4) to an extend it's non linear

the cons

1) the map is great for what's there but its too small by a significant factor

2) the glider thingies seem like a halfass between having fast-travel and not having fast-travel

it definitely gets a recommend from da skull.  potential to be a killer game though its not quite there atm

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins