Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New server will come out while current servers barely have enough players in them...

angelknight4angelknight4 Member Posts: 98

Newest information from Snail, a new server for the expansion. You can read the discussion here at the official forum on the reaction about this news:

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13639

I am speechless on the decisions from SnailUSA, everyone who is currently playing this game know that most server lost lots of players in the past 3 months. Heck, it is not an exaggeration to say the pollution right now is only 30% or less on most servers.

Lots of people quit the game due to various reasons, like moving to Age of Wulin, horrible customer services, got hack, bore of the repetition of same events and more.

White Tiger and Black Tortoise are the most empty out of all 4 servers while Red Phoenix fare a little and Blue Dragon still have some of the core players. However, the population of all servers are barely enough and  are not even considered healthy compared to China server standard.

Anyway, to sum it up, this new server feel like an attempt of trying to get more new player to try the game, but it is not healthy for the overall population of the game. It feels more like a scheme to get some quick cash from new players who will join a new unstable economic and spend lots of money from the start.

There are lots of discussion on the main forum, some try to defend it, but it just feels like another horrible decision from SnailUSA to make some more cash. This game require lots of time to even level up and enjoy, will they have new servers every time a big updates or expansion come out?

Comments

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Nb4 bcbully.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by jimdandy26
    Nb4 bcbully.

REPORTED! lmao

I'm starting to see angle loves Wushu almost as much as I do. At the very least, he respects the game as much as I do. Why else would he still be playing 8 months later? He, just like me can't get what wushu gives anywhere else. 

What we as players envisioned where the game would go seems to be different than what seems to be intended. I for one would have love to have seen 1 server. The reason being the way the world of wushu is made. It's a HUGE game world filled with magnificent cities, on the scale I've never seen. I too wanted to see the population organically spread to these cities riding on the back of trade. there's limited space in  each cities where one can set up shops. As the population grows other cities are populated because people need to set shops and trade. 

In early CB2 Chengdu was the only cities populated. Still today chengdu is by far the most populated. At the same time players have spread to 3 other cites, Shuzou, Louyang, Quandiang Town, with Yinjing being the 4 that's picking up traffic. In a sense what we want is happening, but not at the pace we forseen.

Bluedragons population is growing, it's sometimes hard to see from the mountain top, but little brothers and sisters are all around. Regardless the new sever is on the way, this must mean the steam greenlight is close to approval. 

Wushu started with 1 server now there will be 5. It's hard to be upset about this. someone tell me the last mmorpg to add servers as it's first year progressed.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • angelknight4angelknight4 Member Posts: 98

Don't try to pretend to talk for me, unlike lots of people who pretend there is nothing wrong, then in the same sentence lie, give out false information, rumors as facts and misleading information. I try to point out the problem with the game, so enough people take actions to force the company to change.

Like usual, there are people who is doing damage control and giving out false information as usual. I play more than  8 months of this game, but I play like 1-2 hours top each day now or even less and afk most of the time, I am near the end of my patient for the horrible decisions from Snail.

This game requires lots of players to play, there are several big cities in game and yet after 8 months, we are still in a crappy small city of Chengdu. Suzhou may have some player, but that's about it. Other cities just have some stalls and barely anyone there at all. That's not NORMAL, that's not how the game is envisioned and that's in no way fun to see big empty cities everywhere.

The situation is even worse for White Tiger and Black Tortoise with even less amount of players. My guild and allies have so many people quit over the last few months, it is not even funny to see a guild with 300+ players and just last months have 150+ active, now you barely see anyone and the same for all allies.

There is currently 4 servers and there is 4 states they can be in: "Queue, Full, Normal, Excellent". When the game enter OBT 3 months ago, RP can see Queue most of the time while BD is Full all the time and WT & BT switch between Full to Normal. HOWEVER, most servers are in Excellent state most of the time now, with RP and BD sometimes switch to Normal, but quickly return to Excellent.

What does that tell you? It tells you that the servers lost so many people that it is like having only 30% of the amount of players from before or even less.

The stupid decision on adding the 5th servers. Yeah, that's will be almost 5 empty servers soon. Many games come out with 10+ servers and then later reduced to 5 or less, however in AoW you have 4 servers with extremely low amount of players and you add one more in hope of what? To have even less players on each servers while trying to attract more new players for some quick cash grab from using F2P new server jump mentality.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Yeh a lot of people on their official forums were baffled that they added 4 new servers at launch.  I think 1 or 2 would have been a better number based on the size of their game world and how spread out the zones are.  Other than the game being kind of laggy at times I'm not sure what their reasoning is for adding yet another.   Maybe they want to lower their server load even more by spreading the population even thinner though I don't think it would be healthy for the game.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• maphrealmaphreal Member UncommonPosts: 21

I really liked Age of Wushu, I loved the open PvP, the combat system, even the horrible translations grew on me. But SnailUSA really s**t the bed with this one. Their customer service is horrible, they treat their players like thieves and scammers, and they keep making bad decisions like this. I quit a couple months back, been keeping my eye on it hoping they get it together. I personally wasn't wronged except for 1 random and unwarranted 90 hour mute, not a big deal to me. However, after seeing them do things like ban players for mistakingly using the bonus gold that SnailUSA screwed up and sent out to people (until the players paid it back anyways), I had to quit just on principle.

Treating your customers like crap may work in communist China, but here in 'MERICA I can't in good conscious support a company that has such bad business practices.

/endslightlyontopicrant

Originally posted by rodingo
    Yeh a lot of people on their official forums were baffled that they added 4 new servers at launch.  I think 1 or 2 would have been a better number based on the size of their game world and how spread out the zones are.  Other than the game being kind of laggy at times I'm not sure what their reasoning is for adding yet another.   Maybe they want to lower their server load even more by spreading the population even thinner though I don't think it would be healthy for the game.

I doubt it is server load, I mean the population is like 1/3 of when it was OBT 3 months ago for BD and RD. In case of WT and BT, it's more like 1/4 or even 1/5 of the population.

If you log into those 2 servers, you will see the same people in chat and elsewhere, barely anyone new and the amount of players quitting each day is more than the amount of new players join the game. Yet the game still lag a lot.

This is more like marketing strategy for F2P Players to jump into new server bandwagon mentality. They hope to get new players to join on new server, spend money and then quit the game when bots and problems of old servers took over, simply a quick cash grab strategy.

Originally posted by angelknight4

I doubt it is server load, I mean the population is like 1/3 of when it was OBT 3 months ago for BD and RD. In case of WT and BT, it's more like 1/4 or even 1/5 of the population.

If you log into those 2 servers, you will see the same people in chat and elsewhere, barely anyone new and the amount of players quitting each day is more than the amount of new players join the game. Yet the game still lag a lot.

This is more like marketing strategy for F2P Players to jump into new server bandwagon mentality. They hope to get new players to join on new server, spend money and then quit the game when bots and problems of old servers took over, simply a quick cash grab strategy.

Made up numbers are made up.

New server, expansion in a about a week, and one known expansion after that.  [mod edit]

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Honestly, would you start over on Blue Dragon where players have such massive advantage on skills and gear?

In a PVP game with steep, high cap vertical progression it is no brainer.

I quit Blue Dragon when all time I had for AoW was spent looking for people for TP(gave up for forbidden instance party much earlier) and then quit White Tiger after 6 weeks for same reasons.

Same story for Wulin Beta...

Originally posted by bcbully

Made up numbers are made up.

New server, expansion in a about a week, and one known expansion after that.  [mod edit]

It's an estimation based on server status. Apparently you failed to bring this up and offer nothing at all.

Like I said, this is based on server status which show "Queue, Full, Normal, Excellent". As of right now, only RD stay in Normal lots of time and BD is Excellent with some occasional Normal. WT and BT are Excellent all the time.

There are reported from players on official forums on status on what it is like on each servers. It seems you are the one that need to rest on this case.

Based on update, the up coming expansion is the official release on CN servers and it took 8 months to do that. The new expansion just recently from CN servers and we are more than 1 year behind, so expect at least 1 year for that new expansion.

New server serve nothing but attract new players on new servers including the new players who just join the 4 current servers. It makes the situation become even worse in all the current servers.

Are they going to release new server for every new expansion despite low population on old servers?

Originally posted by Gdemami

Honestly, would you start over on Blue Dragon where players have such massive advantage on skills and gear?

I quit Blue Dragon when all time I had for AoW was spent looking for people for TP(gave up for forbidden instance party much earlier) and then quit White Tiger after 6 weeks for same reasons.

and thus the new server rush for F2P players. This game require long time to cultivate skills and internal, but I guess this is the only they can compete against Age of Wulin. 

Joining an existing server is something we all do in every games, should we create new servers every 3 months to attract new players?

Edit: They also have Brother's System coming out with this expansion, it is Mentor's system on others game to help new players train faster. Thus this reinforce the idea of new server as fast cash grab.

Edit: They also have Brother's System coming out with this expansion, it is Mentor's system on others game to help new players train faster. Thus this reinforce the idea of new server as fast cash grab.

This makes no sense at all. Like you said a mentor system is for new players to catch up with old players. Then in very next sentence, you talk about a new server, which will have all new people and throw cash grab (wtf does this mean) in there [mod edit]

New server, new expansion for a game you have played longer than 8 months, 3 plus hours a day by your own admission and you are still upset. [mod edit]

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Wushu started with 1 server now there will be 5. It's hard to be upset about this. someone tell me the last mmorpg to add servers as it's first year progressed.

Most of them.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Most of them.

Guild Wars 2 comes to mind and it seems to have quite a healthy population.  Probably not the answer he was looking for though.

Adding servers to a game when the population on existing servers is anemic is a trick poor F2P publishers use to squeeze more money out of its players.  The publisher hopes the new server will attract a bunch of new players and that existing players will start over.  I don't know if that is the case here, but it's weird to open a new server when populations aren't pushing for one.

people don't just "reroll" in Wushu. We like to talk about it, but you just don't casually throw away 8 months of time based progression. Imagine if EVE opened up a new server.

My guess would be the the steam greenlight is close to approval. Like I said in my first thread in this post, what we envisioned might not be what's intended, or the way it's intended to happen.

Guild territory taxes will begin in a few days. What we've heard is the the population will migrate to the capital/largest city Jingling, follow the tax free trade. The population distribution is going to change drastically based on which guild controls what. It doesn't seem that the population migration was intended to be fueled entirely by shear growth. This my be because of server structure.

That being said there are new players running around all over the place. I can almost gage the progression of these player by a couple of the items I sell. 

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by jimdandy26
    Nb4 bcbully.

It takes great timing to be in before bcbully lol.  It's hard to believe he even plays this game because he's always monitoring these forums..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Joining an existing server is something we all do in every games, should we create new servers every 3 months to attract new players?

That is how plethora F2P browser games operate, opening new server every 2-3 weeks.

As you said earlier, this is mostly for marketing purposes. I have no doubts it works though.

• park97park97 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Welcome to every Chinese F2P MMO ever.

New server is a typicial business practise in Chinese MMOs to keep old player occupied with a reroll and attract new player to try the game from "start", because on old server they can rarely or only with much effort catch up with other player and/or the beginning part of the game became too desolate.

One month 5 server are opened, the next month 5 others are closed and the following month 5 new ones are opened up and so on, while not even half are filled. Thats pretty common occurence in Chinese MMOs.

Sorry to burst your bubble, this is the best MMO in the market, they don't have to do those cheap tricks to attract players. I don't know where you get the idea of this opening new servers and closing old servers, too much crack?

This is the best MMO in the market, millions of dollars pumped in into the continuation of the R&D of this game, this game will only get better and better. It's a smart move for snail USA to open a new server.

This makes no sense at all. Like you said a mentor system is for new players to catch up with old players. Then in very next sentence, you talk about a new server, which will have all new people and throw cash grab (wtf does this mean) in there [mod edit]

New server, new expansion for a game you have played longer than 8 months, 3 plus hours a day by your own admission and you are still upset. [mod edit]

It is exactly what I mean, you just failed to understand it, but I'll explain it again for you.

In the expansion, there will be Mentor's system. This system is to help new player to train faster in OLD SERVERS, which we have 4 currently.

HOWEVER, Snail decides to make a new servers while 4 current servers have extremely low population. Thus, the new servers serve no purpose except to attract new players using new server rush mentality and most often the case for fast cash grab like we saw on WT and BT and even RD

So, what is the purpose of new servers? If they have system to help new players on current servers, then it would be more beneficial for the game overall population to have them join the existing servers.

Again, will they release new servers on every expansion despite low population of current servers?

Or will they release new servers every 3 months or so to attract new players?

Joining old servers are normal in MMO and they finally have a system in place to help new players with it, so like many already share the same thought with me on here and on official forum, new server serve as marketing strategy only.

Originally posted by park97

New server is a typicial business practise in Chinese MMOs to keep old player occupied with a reroll and attract new player to try the game from "start", because on old server they can rarely or only with much effort catch up with other player and/or the beginning part of the game became too desolate.

One month 5 server are opened, the next month 5 others are closed and the following month 5 new ones are opened up and so on, while not even half are filled. Thats pretty common occurence in Chinese MMOs.

Sorry to burst your bubble, this is the best MMO in the market, they don't have to do those cheap tricks to attract players. I don't know where you get the idea of this opening new servers and closing old servers, too much crack?

This is the best MMO in the market, millions of dollars pumped in into the continuation of the R&D of this game, this game will only get better and better. It's a smart move for snail USA to open a new server.

Except you missed 8 months of using cheap tricks to attract players.

Recycle news to keep their news at the top. Create new server now while current servers has so low population. Recycle events each month with new name, granted this July there are some truly new events, but some of them actually recycle for months already.

How is this game the best MMO? Every MMO games said they are the best, but then again they also have low population and some of them are not even managed to get out of beta stage.

And I agree that new servers is a smart MARKETING move, but again it serves nothing to help the current players or low server population.

Except you missed 8 months of using cheap tricks to attract players.

Recycle news to keep their news at the top. Create new server now while current servers has so low population. Recycle events each month with new name, granted this July there are some truly new events, but some of them actually recycle for months already.

How is this game the best MMO? Every MMO games said they are the best, but then again they also have low population and some of them are not even managed to get out of beta stage.

And I agree that new servers is a smart MARKETING move, but again it serves nothing to help the current players or low server population.

It's a summer time, people who work are on vacation, students are away from school. Even I play less during the summer time. Wait til September, you will see more and more players returning...

It's a summer time, people who work are on vacation, students are away from school. Even I play less during the summer time. Wait til September, you will see more and more players returning...

I see what you are playing, so I'll play with you.

So, you are telling me people come back when there are school and they start to get busy with real life problem?

Oh, great logic there. When in summer, players have the most amount of time, but I guess they are just so busy playing in the Sun. I guess they will come back in September with their busy schedule and stay more indoor to play with games, right?

I forgot, lots of people take vacations for playing games and relax at home, but that doesn't occur to you that way as well.

So, you are telling me people come back when there are school and they start to get busy with real life problem?

Oh, great logic there. When in summer, players have the most amount of time, but I guess they are just so busy playing in the Sun. I guess they will come back in September with their busy schedule and stay more indoor to play with games, right?

I forgot, lots of people take vacations for playing games and relax at home, but that doesn't occur to you that way as well.

couple of my in game friends are traveling this summer, my cousin who study in university also playing this game, but he has to work entire summer in order to pay his tuition feel, recently he got a 3 months contract job in Alaska. Just  Imagine number of players in similar situations. Get it?

couple of my in game friends are traveling this summer, my cousin who study in university also playing this game, but he has to work entire summer in order to pay his tuition feel, recently he got a 3 months contract job in Alaska. Just  Imagine number of players in similar situations. Get it?

Ahh yes, because using such a small sampling is so accurate, right?

I mean let's forget the majority of players age, their amount of play time and what season they have the most amount of time to spend on games.

LOL, sorry, I could use an entire college where my cousin attend to or the high school next to my house and my sampling already several hundreds of times bigger than yours.

The moment you said Summer will have least amount of players, I already chuckle at your reasoning and logic behind that.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    This could be to get more people to transfer over to a new server in hopes for a complete balance in the beginning. It happens in a lot of MMORPG games, they constantly roll out new servers and quite a bit of people go over to the new server, then they roll out a new one, constantly getting cash flow from people willing to buy stuff for the cash shop on each new character. I think at one point rf online had maybe 150 people online and the next day they opened a new server, and a majority of those players went over there. I'm almost positive it's just them trying to get more money out of people but at the same time who knows, maybe this expansion will bring a lot of new players and the servers will be full again even though that is somewhat doubtful.

Ahh yes, because using such a small sampling is so accurate, right?

I mean let's forget the majority of players age, their amount of play time and what season they have the most amount of time to spend on games.

LOL, sorry, I could use an entire college where my cousin attend to or the high school next to my house and my sampling already several hundreds of times bigger than yours.

The moment you said Summer will have least amount of players, I already chuckle at your reasoning and logic behind that.

You still don't get it do you? Please do me a favor scroll up and read my comment again. I never stated that summer will have least amount of players. I simply stated that by end of the summer there will be more active players. Maybe I should have stated clearly, there are many reasons that AOW population been dropping, one of the reasons is it's summer time. Does that help?

Even my sampling is small, that gives at least a few hundred even a thousand returning from their summer activities. I'm not sure which part of U.S you are from, but I'm from Canada, up north, we only got 3 months of summer, there is no way we gona spend more time indoor than outdoors.

Don't chuckle too much end up choking yourself.

You still don't get it do you? Please do me a favor scroll up and read my comment again. I never stated that summer will have least amount of players. I simply stated that by end of the summer there will be more active players. Maybe I should have stated clearly, there are many reasons that AOW population been dropping, one of the reasons is it's summer time. Does that help?

Even my sampling is small, that gives at least a few hundred even a thousand returning from their summer activities. I'm not sure which part of U.S you are from, but I'm from Canada, up north, we only got 3 months of summer, there is no way we gona spend more time indoor than outdoors.

Don't chuckle too much end up choking yourself.

This is getting annoying and I won't choke, you should worry more about choking yourself.

Summers is where most people have the most free time, but I am not going to discuss this anymore since you failed at common sense to even know about this.

Your sampling is non-sense to begin with, you don't care for common sense and you only use some people around you and in a specific age range, which only a small minority of players. You keep claiming that they will stay outdoors and away from games, but that's not the case for majority of players and far from reality.

Apparently, you failed to even understand why people left AoW to begin with. It's not "summer", it's the incompetent of SnailUSA to deal with bots, hacking and horrible customer services. People have been leaving this game slowly for the past 3 months, not just suddenly do that near "summer time".

The game comes out for 8 months, there are enough examples and reasons to show why people left this game to begin with and SnailUSA shifted most their staffs to another game to make the situation even worse.

However, you are not interested in that and you didn't back up your claim on how this game is "One of the best MMO" out there. Only lips service so far without anything to back up or any details whatsoever.

Edit: Let's not forget Age of Wulin, people move there for better pings, or hope to get better support. Those again WON'T COME BACK after "summer".