Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Hanging out at 60 The Series Episode 18/18 "Nightmare Tide Goodness" A Look at the expansion o

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Episode 18

I just wanted to show you guys a little glimpse of whats to come in Rift. The new expansion is literally around the corner. And we can show you guys a whole lot more of the game now. Not everything and not everything is in to show. But in this video I'll show you some nice sights. And the up and coming Mastery System. As well as the new minion system.

The Mastery System serves as an extension of the Soul system we already have. After lvl 60 when you hit lvl 61. You get a soul point. These points allow you to choose between the new mastery skills. They can be passives or actual skills. It's designed to open up the choices a bit on the soul trees.

The Minion System is a new mini game of sorts. You can find and collect new minion monsters. That you can send on quests around the game's world. It appears it can be very lucrative to you. If you pay attention to this system and level minions. Stay tuned on this one because it isn't working yet to its fullest extent.

=======================================================

Episode 17

What I always wanted was for Rift to actually have build Parity.You can force it like how I've done in the past. But by it's core Rift doesn't encourage you to do it. You're not really rewarded in the system as it is now. So I am just explaining how it can happen in this video.

On Sunday 8th coming up. I will be join Kiwi's live stream to discuss all things Trion. She will be doing giveaway's so you can check her link here for that info http://riftdreamdimensions.com/?p=7643

And here for the official forum post

Also take note we will be joined by MATT FLEMING: Trion Defiance Content Designer Former Rift QA

It's should be a fun time and maybe you will win something :)

=====================================================

Episode 16

Yea..so I logged on and was like I'm going to buy me some souls...

Hmm 5000 credits wow and the wife is annoyed at me already for game spending. Looks like I'll be farming this one out. So with that said which soul do you guys like the most? Even though I am a cleric user. I think I'm going to go with Liberator.

I know that may bring a few gasp. Like wow really a warrior soul? But I think this one is the most well designed skill wise. Not that the others are bad. And what do you guys think about the price of the souls? I'm a little uncomfortable with souls, almost being equal to the cost of full games. 

I can farm out 5000 credits actually pretty fast nowadays. But with that said many just don't have that time. So it leaves me a little shaky on how I feel about it. But at the end of the day they're worth it. So I'll be farming them rather than risking wife aggro.

===========================================================================

Episode 15

A lot of time when I say Rift is the best free to play out. People scoff at me and question me. It's very hard to explain why in short responses. So I felt it was time to make a video explaining a little more how I feel on that. I get to see a lot of free to play games in the world. So I'm speaking from a far bigger spectrum then just western games.

Rift for starters is very cost effective and time effective. In the day and age of time is money. This is an excellent thing to have in one game. Now what i mean by that is this. Time spent in the game can be very lucrative towards your goals. It's not pay gated or restricted. What restrictions you do have as a free player. Can easily be negated with a little work, and friendship with other gamers. A good guild can help you earn in game credits. That can get rid of many restrictions you have rather quickly.

When I say cost effective, save a few outrageous things. Rift is not a very expensive game to play. And once you're used to the game. You can easily pay for the monthly patron fee's with in game credits. But if you don't have time for all that. You can pay a little to keep the patron. Which again if you atleast do a little in game. You can lower the price you actually pay for it. By earning credits so you won't need to spend the full price for patron.

If you look around at other games. That are free to play. I challenge you to find one as freely playable as Rift. And has as much to do as Rift. Games that come to mind are anything Perfect World made. Yea no to all of them except Star Trek Online. But even that game you need to pay at end game or be really nerfed. I know some like to throw Swtor at us. But That maybe the worse example. The game is so restrictive, it feels like the Force is beating 15 bucks out of you.

A knock on Rift is it's pvp. Well...every single game I've seen in this genre world wide has the same issues. Zerging pvp/pve balancing which is impossible. And the mob mentality that no company can really change. So when you single out one game, you really are ignoring the problem pvp has in mmo's in general. This is why I'm not THAT hard on Rift. Yes Conquest is a mess but it's one that can be fixed. But that is a different story all together.

In general in my opinion Rift is the best out there free to play world wide. No my opinion doesn't matter any more than you. But I'm just putting it out there for anyone on the fence. Interesting enough though for you guys. The next game that may just bump it for that spot is Trion Published as well GG Sirs.

============================================================================

Episode 14

A big thanks first of all to the Dev Team for Rift. Who used two of my builds I made Lawbringer and Holy Fire Shaman. As presets for cleric in the beginning of the game. I had no idea until I started getting congrats on the forums. And I was like what are you guys talking about lol? I looked for the first time in this video. So I'm taking the time to say thanks live on you tube. So I bow my head to the team in appreciation.

In other news I would like to know what is you're motivation for playing Rift? Mine is to keep getting stronger preparing for 3.0. And now 2.7 arrival of the 4 new classes. It will be time for me to make new builds. I have one already in mind testing out things in the past. But that aside what is your reason for beasting across the lands of Rift?

Builds I'm Talking About Are

Lawbringer

Holy Fire Shaman

Grats to Seatin and Grinnz who also made builds added to the game

=============================================================================

Past Episodes will be below this will be a ongoing post. So I won't have to have posts everywhere.

Episode 3

Episode 2

Episode 1

Comments

• iamflymoloiamflymolo Member Posts: 152

Great video but I had to go to your channel to get it because your direct link doesn't seem to be working!!

A few thoughts in response:

1. The changes to Freemarch and even more changes to Silverwood kinda ticked me off, mostly because I had to rewrite the majority of my guide from levels 1-20.  :)

But in Silverwood, the quests are not actually streamlined at all. They removed some of the "pointer" quests and replaced them with object-based quest pick-ups or carnage quests. So almost all the original quests are still there, they are just harder to find. Worse, and this is true more-so of Silverwood, they left prerequisites in place that were never identified as prerequisites in the first place. So you can be walking by the quest-giving object and not see the marker or be able to interact with it because you are on your way to turn in its prerequisite. Unfortunately, you'll never come back by that object to know that it offers a quest. It used to be that Silverwood was by far the best designed of the two starting zones but with the pre-free-to-play changes Silverwood is actually a complete pain in the hind-quarters while Freemarch was at least streamlined effectively. What made me upset about the changes, beyond how much of my time was wasted in guide rewrites, was that if I was wasting a bunch of time - imagine how much time the developers were wasting!! I am one of the biggest RIFT fans around but there are problems that have existed since launch in 2011 that have still not been addressed. Why on earth did Trion waste time and energy doing a sloppy job of revamping level 10 zones in order to make them look more like level 50 zones rather than fixing issues players have had for two years??

2. Your complaint about Conquest echoes a problem I've seen with the game since the beginning. Trion seems to have a severe lack of focus and follow-through. How many great ideas and features have been plugged into the game and then either dropped altogether (timed world events, ancient wardstones) or never developed into anything beyond where they started (heroic solo story archs?)

3. I really have no problem with macros. The vast majority of people who use them in RIFT are very likely gimping themselves. Perhaps if I were leading 10 man raids I would have a problem with them because of the limited dps they would create. Every build video I have ever done has ended up with people commenting asking for macros. In the case of at least two of my builds, they function on rotations that would cause macro usage to be either ineffective or impossible. My melee rogue, for example, does extreme single target damage but utilizes primarily instant cast abilities with no cool-down. But even with that build, which has a very easy rotation, some people would much rather throw a couple of abilities into a macro and call it a day. On the flip side, the small amount of tanking I've done which tends to utilize priorities more than rotations seems to be a bit macro dependent and I'm totally fine with that. If a player is utilizing whatever he needs in order to be as effective as he can, that's all his team can ask for.

edit for speling and me also use bad grammer.

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Hmm I fixed the link

As far as Trion it seems like when the team shrank. It got more frazzled on details and rushed more. That's unfortunate because they still do a good job. But it's like baseball with them. You look for the homerun and keep getting singles lol.

Episode 3 is up and man was I annoyed to even have to do this.
    Episode 4 is up for all those who want lvl 60 farming and lvling speed help
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Again a great episode.

Since i can't seem to get into Rift (i wish i could), i'm always interested in topics such as "what to do when you don't know what to do", "guide to have fun in Rift" or as well your latest "get that epic feeling again". I think Rift is still the "best game many can't get into" and -among all site operators, bloggers, etc. and even Trion themselves-  currently you are doing best job to get people interested in what's going on and keep them on top of things happening about it.

You may not remember, but i was one of the first guys commenting on your clips back then and i looked forward to any new one since then. So, being an attentive viewer, i  think that over time you grew into it and watching especially your latest clips, you really seem to have gained confidence in the stuff you do there and it shows in every good way.

As i said in another post, too bad all this is sort of wasted on this forum , as it should at least be featured on the main page. They feature nonsense like "unknown guy re-visites crappy game" all the time. MMORPG'in needs more dedicated guys, more sense of community and especially guys with the guts to talk about the cons and put offs of a game.

It would be great to one day see you talking into a cam (like many youtubers do) instead of just that small pic in the lower left. Would give the whole thing a more personal and "pro" touch, but that's just my opinion.

PS. another point: You keep your viewers watching at your char standing at one spot firing at a rock for like 12 minutes. At least add some angles next time ;)

I get all your points :) And I did recently email staff here.They haven't responded as of yet. I just put up episode 5 as well this morning. I'll have more later on in the week for Rift though. But first I have to deal with AOW and GW2 today.

Episode 7 up

I don't know man Trion is doing some weird Blizzard like moves.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

You got me back to playing Rift. Mage 60, Cleric 55. Playing all night, getting up too late -old school nerding got me back. Stop with the videos please.

Well I only do this kind once a week. A long with the dimension tours. But here is episode 8 :)
    Volan down for the count three days after patch
    Ep.10 you can use as reference 
  • XeonsoldierXeonsoldier Member Posts: 190
    If you could add Rift Progress @ www.topofrift.com. We've been active since February. Raid Progression site :)

@Xeno Done and I'll mention you guys in episode 12

It was too late for epiosde 11

Unification seems to be working out well. Episode 12 I explained how so
  • XeonsoldierXeonsoldier Member Posts: 190
    Hey bro, thanks for the shoutout ^_^. Yes I am the admin lead of RIFT Progress heh. Just haven't gotten around to getting that sig work going in.
    Mech Week baby get them mounts :)
    The number 1 player dimensions of each shard showcased
    A big thanks to the Rift Team :)
    I know people will not agree but its true
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    How much trion paid you ? :)
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
    Yea right Trion don't even give me beta's on time. And they didn't give me the souls like they did with other people lol.....
    I'll see you guys in the stream good luck winning stuff