Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Review] Tynon: Strategic Sloth

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,571MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Tynon was originally released about a year ago but has since undergone a complete reworking. Did the new look and feel improve the game or not? Find out in our latest review before heading to the comments to talk.

The overall look isn’t bad, with that ¾ view, infinity engine look. Unfortunately, even at full screen, the main town setting is just so full of competing imagery, color and animation that it’s difficult to distinguish one thing from anything else, and it’s hard to know where to look.  There are vendors in the game, (armor, etc.) but it’s hard enough to pick them out from the popping colors of the background, and impossible to see them when buried under umpteen layers of players on a full server.

Read more of Lisa Jonte's Tynon: Strategic Sloth.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• aslan132aslan132 Tampa, FLPosts: 378Member Uncommon
    Nice review, and very honest. More and more, Im seeing these "games" pop up. They are becoming a plague on places like Facebook and Kongregate. Personally I dont see a draw to a game that plays itself. And yes, alot of these games do eventually take you off the rails, usually around lvl 30-40, just shy of a cap. But by then, whats the point. Sadly there must be someone out there putting money into these games, or they wouldnt keep popping up. I cant imagine the type of person who actually pays to play this. 
  • NuapeNuape Linden, NJPosts: 1Member
    With the reworkings I think this game has significantly improved. First, I'd just like to point out that there is settings which remove players from view in the main city, there by rendering you able to clearly see everything as well as everyone. It has many auto-navigation features for quests, and just moving about the city; or you can manually click-to-move. Keeping in mind that that is is a countdown timer type of game, it goes a little bit beyond what I've typically seen of the simple tasks followed by rewards genre as far as game features go.  Tynon is a good way to pass some time without having to devote a lot of energy. 
  • itchmonitchmon west islip, NYPosts: 1,714Member Uncommon

is it worth downloading in the "so bad it's good" sense?  like sometimes you like to watch a bad movie even though you kow it's gonna be bad?

i uess what i'm asking is, is this game in fact the playable version of sharknado?  or perhaps a more "old school" plan 9 from outer space?

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• maplestonemaplestone Ottawa, ONPosts: 3,099Member

Originally posted by aslan132

Personally I dont see a draw to a game that plays itself.

The sports industry is big business (even fake sports like wrestling).  You pick a team then just sit back and watch all year.  Once I look past the traditional divide between active games and passive entertainment, I have no problem believing that there *is* a market for passive computer-generated fantasy.

• LJonteLJonte Portland Metro, ORPosts: 29Member

Originally posted by maplestone

Originally posted by aslan132

Personally I dont see a draw to a game that plays itself.

The sports industry is big business (even fake sports like wrestling).  You pick a team then just sit back and watch all year.  Once I look past the traditional divide between active games and passive entertainment, I have no problem believing that there *is* a market for passive computer-generated fantasy.

Yeah, it's called "the movies".

-Lisa Jont

• Razael82Razael82 NSWPosts: 1Member
    The game looks good to start with, but as others review pages point out it wares thin fast. The game is heavily bugged and continues to get worse as the developers add new content. New servers open almost every week under the pretence of the last server being full, which is never the case. Servers are all but dead as a result within 2 weeks, making it a complete waste of time as an MMO. Save yourself the frustration and don't bother, as it is only a scam to rob money players of their hard earned cash.