Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF f2p mmo...dun dun dunnnn

CreeperetteCreeperette Member Posts: 3

Hey all :)

So I am looking for a f2p mmo, anime or fantasy style. I know f2p's generally mean cash shops which is ok, just looking for something where I don't need to cash shop heavily just to be able to do stuff in PVE.. 

Also like to solo quest/grind sometimes so that's something else I'm def looking for.

I have played Jade Dynasty, Dragon Nest, PWI, Forsaken World so I like those types of games but I dislike having to spend tons of $ just to be able to kill stuff in PVE. I am running on a crappy Toshiba Satellite c655 so can't go for the big games like RIFT, Tera, Aion. 

Games with PVP options wanted also, like alliance wars, territory war's etc.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Have you tried Rift & Tera on the lowest graphics settings? I know that I've got an older desktop that I get bumped to whenever my kids are playing on my good computers. I have found that I can still run Rift on it. It will complain about the renderer or something and then just shift me into the lowest video settings. It's still worth it, though. Great experience. I think I can also run Tera on that same box, although I don't remember. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Rift and LOTRO would be my recommendations. LOTRO is pretty grindy for a lot of things but it's available if you don't want to spend any cash at all. Rift has better graphics and no content gating but if you want some of the extra bennies you'll have to grind game currency or spend a few bucks. Rift's cash shop is less intrusive than LOTRO's.

Whatever you choose, have fun.

• CreeperetteCreeperette Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Have you tried Rift & Tera on the lowest graphics settings? I know that I've got an older desktop that I get bumped to whenever my kids are playing on my good computers. I have found that I can still run Rift on it. It will complain about the renderer or something and then just shift me into the lowest video settings. It's still worth it, though. Great experience. I think I can also run Tera on that same box, although I don't remember. 

I tried RIFT on lowest and it was just a lagfest. Tera won't even let me attempt to download it, it must look at my specs and just think "yeah...no" lol

• CreeperetteCreeperette Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Jaedor

Rift and LOTRO would be my recommendations. LOTRO is pretty grindy for a lot of things but it's available if you don't want to spend any cash at all. Rift has better graphics and no content gating but if you want some of the extra bennies you'll have to grind game currency or spend a few bucks. Rift's cash shop is less intrusive than LOTRO's.

Whatever you choose, have fun.

Tried LOTRO once, and the fact my female character looked like a butch lesbian turned me off :/

• justin021justin021 Member Posts: 4

You can try Eden Eternal, it was fun with lots of classes and u can switch when u want.

At the moment, im downloading Remnant Knights, looks fun 2 and doesn't need a high graphic card. I think

'The Eyes, Chico, They Never Lie'

• JakzyJakzy Member Posts: 68

Check out Gloria Victis, it's and indie project currently in pre alpha, you can donate 10 usd to get access. It will be f2p tho.

You wont regret it ;)

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741

Give EQ2 a shot. You can do almost everything for free and there is plenty of solo content

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

;) According to your profile pic you are a brutal guy who likes blood&glory and topless chicks in MMO, try Age of Conan - awesome game

try the hardcore ruleset server, player looting, less guards, even more PvP enabled zones

• JakzyJakzy Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Jakzy

Check out Gloria Victis, it's and indie project currently in pre alpha, you can donate 10 usd to get access. It will be f2p tho.

You wont regret it ;)

i bet the guy wants an mmo now not in 2017...

As a community we really need to stop directing people looking for a game to play to nonexistent games.

I love that you pull that out of your ass without even looking at the game.

• TrovpTrovp Member Posts: 5
    I am in the same situation in terms of hardware and I got into Eldevin closed beta. It's a browser game in java, but it's hard to believe how did they manage to make a game so good for a browser. It's like a better runescape with dungeon instances and lots of other features from AAA mmos. Cb keys are still easy to find, just google a bit. Community is small, but mature and you won't find anyone that would want to spoil others fun.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004

Eldevin actually looks alright. Wonder if I could find a beta key somewhere since this site has 0 to give away now.

I honestly can't think of any which would be worth playing. Maybe Runescape, DDO, City of Steam, Drakensang the rest I wouldn't even look at due to item shops etc but that's pretty much the best your going to get for $0

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• TrovpTrovp Member Posts: 5
    No more Eldevin CB keys on this site, but I think you can find lots of unused keys on gameitems, try there.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i havent played it

but i heard Vindictus was a fun game  http://vindictus.nexon.net/

• FenliusFenlius Member Posts: 6

Here is a list of mmorpg that I have played and liked: (excluding games older than 3 years)

5) Raiderz - action mmorpg with beautiful graphics and a Monster Hunter  combat system. Fun for the first 20 levels until I realized it is either a huge time wasting or pay to win kinda deal, I quit. Anyway, worth to have a look since it is F2P, got nothing to lose but time. PS the gold spammers in this game is the worst I have seen in my entire gaming life.

4) Neverwinter - action mmorpg with ok graphics, fast paced action, packed with countless quests and quests made by players!!! Fun for the first 40 levels and then it gets repetitive and boring.

3) Vindictus - action mmorpg with gorgeous graphics, an eye candy. Combat are fast paced like an arcade game, no open world, get quests from notice board and venture into instances. It was compelling and fun. For a F2P title, this game is truely amazing.

2) Tera - action mmorpg with beautiful graphics, very weill done questing system, there is no "loading please wait" when you run to another zone!!! Quests are always kill x number of these and bring me y number of that but it never get old, very fun game, enjoyed all the way to L60.

1) Rift - standard old school mmorpg with ok graphics, stand still and press 1 2 3 4 repeat until enemy is dead kinda deal. However, this game makes me come back for more and more because it has the best, I mean the absolute best skill tree in all mmo I have ever played. You just want to level up and get the next skill asap and therefore, I stick on to it for 50+ levels.

• FenliusFenlius Member Posts: 6

Just want to add one more thing. Rift is #1 on my list for many reasons but one very weird reason that I would like to mention: it has the less "space bar smashing jumping non stop from start to end for no particular reason" typed of people I have seen in all mmo communities. During my time in the game from L1 to L50, I am either really lucky or people are so well manner in general that they do not jump over my head when running pass me.

The game with the most "spacebar smashing" players that I have experienced was GW2. There was one time I was waiting for my guild at WvW and I saw one person jumping up and down non stop over 20 minutes. It was just weird.