Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera VS Rift and EU vs EN ?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

im from EU  but i want know which 1 doing better jobe? EU or EN

Have tera more populations the Rift?  at Rift looks like every day lower populations :(

Have Tera better EndGame then Rift?

Comments

• trikkitrikki Member Posts: 58
    Rift has everything a lot better than Tera.
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

If you play Tera and your from the EU get the US client and play there! Thats where many of us are and there are even european guilds.  Enmasse do a much better job of supporting the game than gameforge, plus the majority on the US servers seem to speak English, in the EU thats pot luck (from my and my friends experience).

http://tera.enmasse.com/

You cant compare Tera and Rift really they are not the same sort of game you could play both for fun! Tera is FPS style combat no tab target and Rift is your typical WoW clone tab target.

• thundergodtthundergodt Member UncommonPosts: 31
    The only thing Rift has more of any game is being boring. I would go on Tera on this because at endgame all games are the same daily quest, instance and open world events. I found Tera to be more fun also you lvl slow on rift the last 10 lvls would turn anyone away.
  • SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Well I can say Tera is fun, I wasn't a huge fan of Rift...

Besides that if you decide to play Tera make sure and avoid the EU servers, from what I understand they are literally the worst thing to happen to MMOs. EnMasse is great!

• AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149

Nah, the servers are not so different. Both, EnMasse and Gameforge, have the same clients now and it will stay this way in the future. Both have latency problems, especially after the latest patch if you check forums. EnMasse is better when it comes to item shop services and support. 

As for Rift vs Tera: After having played both quite intensively, Rift has a better and a more thought-out game design as well as more early-, mid-, and endgame content, . If you see it as thunder, well, every MMO has instances, dailies and such, but Rift offers you much more variety - more different open world events, more dungeons, more raids, more battlegrounds (Tera has 2 and Rift has 6), guild and player housing (Tera doesn't have that), more individualization, more guild activities, more different dailies, a mentoring system (Tera doesn't have that), a way more thought out class- and skill system (Tera is really, really restrictive when it comes to skills and class roles) and so on and so forth. As for the quests, both games are quite boring here but Rift's world is more dynamic - you don't have any kind of public events and such in Tera during your leveling phase. And well, Rift is a bit more creative in terms of quest variety. On the other side though, I really disliked leveling in Rift from 50 to 60 because of its weird leveling curve, everything before was way more fun.

On the opposite, Tera has a 3vs3 arena, something Rift doesn't have. And Tera has a political system which may become interesting in the future, especially with the federation update.

In the end though, I had more fun in Tera due to its graphics and most importantly its combat system. I didn't like the fighting animations in Rift ar all and combat isn't something I would call exciting, even for a tab targetting game not the best choice if you ask me. And admittedly, I really like the endgame boss ai in Tera.

The big problem of Tera is the developer being from Asia. They are reacting really slow to problems in the west and patches take ages, especially if you compare it to Trion and Rift - a huge difference in this area. And don't expect any feedback from the developer, they never talk to the western playerbase, not even through the publishers. 

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Well they are both generic quest grinders so it depends if you like the usual tab-target hotbar combo (Rift) or something with a little more action and that takes positioning more into account (Tera).  However both have decent f2p models so no harm nor foul for trying both or playing both at the same time.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• penthepenthe Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Abrraham

Nah, the servers are not so different. Both, EnMasse and Gameforge, have the same clients now and it will stay this way in the future. Both have latency problems, especially after the latest patch if you check forums. EnMasse is better when it comes to item shop services and support. 

As for Rift vs Tera: After having played both quite intensively, Rift has a better and a more thought-out game design as well as more early-, mid-, and endgame content, . If you see it as thunder, well, every MMO has instances, dailies and such, but Rift offers you much more variety - more different open world events, more dungeons, more raids, more battlegrounds (Tera has 2 and Rift has 6), guild and player housing (Tera doesn't have that), more individualization, more guild activities, more different dailies, a mentoring system (Tera doesn't have that), a way more thought out class- and skill system (Tera is really, really restrictive when it comes to skills and class roles) and so on and so forth. As for the quests, both games are quite boring here but Rift's world is more dynamic - you don't have any kind of public events and such in Tera during your leveling phase. And well, Rift is a bit more creative in terms of quest variety. On the other side though, I really disliked leveling in Rift from 50 to 60 because of its weird leveling curve, everything before was way more fun.

On the opposite, Tera has a 3vs3 arena, something Rift doesn't have. And Tera has a political system which may become interesting in the future, especially with the federation update.

In the end though, I had more fun in Tera due to its graphics and most importantly its combat system. I didn't like the fighting animations in Rift ar all and combat isn't something I would call exciting, even for a tab targetting game not the best choice if you ask me. And admittedly, I really like the endgame boss ai in Tera.

The big problem of Tera is the developer being from Asia. They are reacting really slow to problems in the west and patches take ages, especially if you compare it to Trion and Rift - a huge difference in this area. And don't expect any feedback from the developer, they never talk to the western playerbase, not even through the publishers. 

You pretty much summed it up for me. Rift is an amazing game and Trion are great at updating every single little glitch. That's what drives me to want to play a game and invest my time into it. With Tera, and most Korean mmo's, I feel like the game is forgotten in the western world, that at any day they can decide to shut the game down and all my work will be for nothing. I know it wont happen, but when I feel a company isnt really there.. it makes me not want to get to work really hard.