Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prime World: Open Beta Begins

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Nival has announced that the open beta for its newest game, Prime World, has kicked off effective today, Friday, July 26th. Currently the site is down for maintenance but will be up, according the announcement, soon.

“July 26.”

July 26. You say the words over and over again in your head, the knowledge of which is warmer than any light. July 26 is the first day of the 24/7 Prime World open beta.

And it’s only the beginning.

As time unfolds, you’ll experience new changes to the game based on your feedback. You’ll see new features, new heroes and new events, and they’ll be the result of your forum posts and feedback participation.

Head to the Prime World forum for more.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    How are there 0 comments on this?   Its LoL as an MMORPG!   Definitely worth checking out for the reasonable price of $0.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Has some interesting features. Just can't play these overhead MOBA type games anymore, had my fair share.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Been playing for about 2 hours...I actually like it more than the others  that are like it.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    So this is from the developers of Heroes of Might and Magic V huh? Interesting, very interesting, gonna have to check it out now that I know that.
  • viverviver Member Posts: 2
    I played in a couple of the closed beta weekends and really enjoy this game.  Some people will hate that you have to level and gear your characters but for me that's the hook that makes it addicting to play. I also like how involved the devs are with the comunity.  It's really worth checking out if you haven't already.  I'm on the Keepers faction as Viver.  Feel free to friend request me in game and have fun
  • Full time playing, very cool game with different features then other MOBA type games. worth to check imo
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I dont know why I cant figure these types of games out

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Originally posted by Braindome
    So this is from the developers of Heroes of Might and Magic V huh? Interesting, very interesting, gonna have to check it out now that I know that.

QFT

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    The MMO features are out of place and make the game innately non-competitive. It's an okay casual moba, but it just doesn't hold a candle to DotA/DotA2, League, Smite, or Dawngate.
  • TorgenTorgen Member UncommonPosts: 158

Just downloading the game for 10 more minutes and can't wait to try it out since I am totally into MOBAs at the moment. I hope they can deliver with their castlebuilding and stuff.

@Aeander Thanks for the List of MOBAs. Guess it wasn't your intention to promote Dawngate, but it made me check the game out (since I never heard of it before) and it looks very promising.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

Don't you just love it when a new game comes along and its launcher crashes on your pc?

Pfffff

• pappacubepappacube Member UncommonPosts: 99
    MOBA?   /thread
  • ShaoZhanShaoZhan Member Posts: 1
    It can actually run on my laptop which is a major plus for my sorry butt gear. Played a couple of the OB weekends, i liked it. I'm addicted to the Healer hero:P She keeps saying "I can do more than healing" and then a second later "healing..."
  • TorgenTorgen Member UncommonPosts: 158

Actually I really liked the game until I hit the first challenge. Did it twice, started it  a 3rd time but canceled like after 10 minutes. An experienced player would surely be able to finish it but I die so often because of that insanely bad companion AI.

Here are some of the things my tank companion ("The Nameless") is doing:

1. Gets that ability that saves someone of the opposite sex all the time although I am playing male and he is male as well

2. Doesnt innitiate..  you always have to aggro the mobs for him to attack them. Problem is that sometimes he just decides to only attack 1 enemy whereas I keep getting hit by 4 mobs. I then try to run in circles and hope that he taunts them. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesnt

3. Everytime when I finally made it to the final wave the two NPC companions just chase mobs over half the map instead of deffing. The first time only one of the NPCs decided that chasing some mob which i srunning away would be an increadibly good thing although our mission is to defend someone. The 2nd time BOTH OF THEM started chasing mobs, they obviously died quite quick because they ran through all the other creeps, only chasing the initial ones. Well then I died and had a respawn timer. Guess what they do until my respawn timer is up? They stay in the respawn zone doing nothing for 20 seconds.. baam again failed and an hour wasted.

Really frustrating somehow...

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    I put a first look up in the Prime World Section. The depth of character development alone is a game within a game.
  • CazatoupasCazatoupas Member CommonPosts: 1

You should give it a shot if u want a new concept about hero customization. I played it since it was closed beta and it was really addictive! The game concepts it great imho, or at least kinda refreshing, it isnt just another LoL clone!

I hope i see you ingame! (Choose the cute keepers plox T_T)

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

perhaps im wrong, but how is this not p2w?

"The Golden Age speeds up the development of a castle and its heroes dramatically, and it also greatly increases the chance of obtaining Rare and Legendary talents."

"For each member with The Golden Age all teammates get an extra talent as a reward."

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• pktankspktanks Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Give this game a shot guys! This talent system is amazing and brings new concepts to how to develop your champions
  • KanjiteruKanjiteru Member Posts: 1
    Prime World is an epic free to play castle building RPG. But the most interesting and addictive  thing about the game is its unique MOBA part. It is worth playing.