Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW: Accessibility and Apathy

The guy intentionally tried to be the worst player possible in the game, and he was able to see the whole game's worth of content in only 1 day played.

Comments

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

I didn't realize WoW got that bad... :/ I do recall in later Cata, dungeons were really... uninvolved, and I was tank. >>

Of course, he didn't even mention the leveling process which is a whole other can of worms.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• SyllendaleSyllendale Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Notice how there were only 5 posts in the topic so far (when I was reading) and 2 of them were derogatory towards people.. in the WoW community. Goes to show something about the people playing perhaps? *shakes head*... As to the OP, watching the vid now, ugh hehe
  • QuorinaQuorina Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    Well, it must be a full job retard like you are.Don't you have something better to do burger dude? So 12 mill people (what was most of the time the number of wow subscribers)  are stupid and you are the low iq (34) level hero, saver of the worlds, fucking christ asslicker. You are probably the ''lone wolf scum''  and your wife was banged by some mandingo guys. Now you can't fill that hole anymore and you are frustrated

Ummm...yeah....you definitely told him good!

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

I left before the whole LFR thing, but it was super easy to do nothing and level through the content before. Only thing left was the raiding system to FUBAR. I am not one to to rehash the same content over and over just because it is harder and drops better loot, but I did raid back in the day, more so because there wasn't much else to do at end game in WoW. I transitioned to PvP for  at least 3 years because it offered something different and more unpredictable, BUT in the end WoW lost my interest..... actually most MMOs have lost my interest. 

If WoW has come this far in it's carebearing then I see now why the numbers have dropped so fast over the last year.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

This is even sadder than I thought.

I stopped raiding sometimes during Cata, before LFR was introduced, because raiding was already dull and boring.

This said, the guy who made the video took the easiest role for that, DPS. Try that with a healer, or worse, a tank, and it may not work that well.

Yea it is sad because you was fucked from all kind of players on every corner in cata. pvp game is not for you, sorry Jean fag pacard

WoW is a PvP game.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445

wow is  a pvp playground, not a pvp game, get it straight.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

WOW was "fine" during Vanilla, Burning Crusade, and Wrath of the Lich King.  Cataclysm started the downward spiral for me, and Pandaria was the icing on the cake.  I was already getting bored with the game near the end of WOTLK, so it was a foregone conclusion that I would end up quitting.

Not saying WoW is a bad game.  I mean, 10m+ subs does show something.  However, don't let that number fool you.  Much like Everquest, WoW does have the whole "I'm too invested to quit" crowd.  There is nothing decent currently available that isn't a single player MMO, or something you'll be bored with by the end of your free-month.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

While I agree that some parts of the game can be accessed too easily... the whole games content in one day? *sighs* You mean, without the professions, the lvl 1-89 content, pvp, battle pets and 5man lvl 90 stuff. None of that is "content"? Seriously?

Also, a lot of people complain that they have to grind too much in some gays to progress. In WoW it's now the other way round. People always find a way to complain.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

Excellent video. Bashing WoW because:

- All the "new gen" games are much much more involving and do things oh so much better. It is so much better in GW2 or Rift when i tag along an event, i cast one spell, i run away and still get credit. Much better.

- If I'm a new or old player who just wants to have fun, I must be forced through all that trouble with applying to an elitist guild where I'll be forced to listen to some 13 year old yelling instructions through their preferred voice program (which I'll have to install) and use my microphone and headsets (which I'd have to buy), farm money for consumables and repairs and farm reputation and some exact pieces of gear with some exact numbers on them to be able to join, instead of having quick direct fun a few hours per week which i can afford for gaming.

/sarcasm off

I've heard that vanilla days are over. Move along. Play on EQ1 progression servers or join Asheron's Call 2 if that's your thing. Try some Korean grinder, it'll take you years to reach max level, and a lot of involvement. Let ultra casual people have their game.

Every MMO now is designed with people having their own agenda in mind. Every one of them. A DPS is not a critical role in RaidFinder, and no one gives a rat's ass about what you're doing. The difference is, not everyone in the game is a jerk who tags along and does no damage. Want WoW and only WoW and harder content? Go through the whole recruitment process and do normal and hard mode. WoW is a business and grew to 12mil subs maximum not by catering to the needs of a few thousands elitist jerks.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

okai, enough is enough....

tenthousands time this shit is being posted now, and i am quite sick of trolling you noobs.

you think the LFR is the whole wow content? pathetic.

yes, it's an easy way for the masses to get a GLIMPSE of the endcontent.

if you play a game on easy, you dont run around posing  with it......

you start to pose once you finished the hard setting or maybe even those above.

seriously. dont you ever get tired of those fail threads?

played DMC on easy too and claimed you finished it within a day??? seriously, grow some balls

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Yeah, saw this vid before. 

Whether it's a generalization of the system or game, or a comment on the social aspect of WoW, it's still only a few examples of what he did. I know this guy plays alot of WoW (by his videos) so he did a few rants about what WoW has become....like alot of posters here. image

Either way, you play a game if you like it and don't if you dislike it. Self-righteous rants about what devs need to do is only relevant to the OP and certainly not for everyone. 

• Mr_MechanicalMr_Mechanical Member Posts: 88

How are none of these people that responded to this thread banned for trolling or insulting/harassing?

I've seen people banned for less.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by NobleNerd

I left before the whole LFR thing, but it was super easy to do nothing and level through the content before. Only thing left was the raiding system to FUBAR. I am not one to to rehash the same content over and over just because it is harder and drops better loot, but I did raid back in the day, more so because there wasn't much else to do at end game in WoW. I transitioned to PvP for  at least 3 years because it offered something different and more unpredictable, BUT in the end WoW lost my interest..... actually most MMOs have lost my interest. 

If WoW has come this far in it's carebearing then I see now why the numbers have dropped so fast over the last year.

what I don't get is how blizzard started dumbing down the game back around 2007 starting with Patch 2.3, Since then the game is in a complete decline. The game gets continually worse with each patch and expansion because they continue to dumb it down. The game loses subs so they dumb it down more. Then, even more players get bored and leave, so the game loses subs so they dumb it down more. Then even more players get bore and leave so the game loses subs................I mean WTF????? Dont' they get it yet? Stop dumbing it down! Everyone else in the world understands but Blizz.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    *snip*

what I don't get is how blizzard started dumbing down the game back around 2007 starting with Patch 2.3, Since then the game is in a complete decline. The game gets continually worse with each patch and expansion because they continue to dumb it down. The game loses subs so they dumb it down more. Then, even more players get bored and leave, so the game loses subs so they dumb it down more. Then even more players get bore and leave so the game loses subs................I mean WTF????? Dont' they get it yet? Stop dumbing it down! Everyone else in the world understands but Blizz.

Although in threads like these, you're bound to get flamed by the "stfu noob if Blizz is wrong they wouldn't have had X millions subs" crowd, I agree with you.

For so many years I've watched this going on.   I was one of the people heavily vested in WoW.   Played for many years, and even had a professional relationship with Blizzard for a time in 2006.   I loved the game and company, but things started to drastically change for the worst on both fronts.      Long story short, I ended up finally rage-quitting WoW out of disgust for the design/feature decisions when it came to the 'every patch changes something' era, as well as disgust for the company itself and it's financial tactics.      

What always bothered me is seeing the pattern you described in this quote, and wondering why it's never deviated.   The same pattern for what, 7 years?    

• WabbaWayWabbaWay Member Posts: 101

I remember wiping so many times on the core hound packs in Molten Core back in the day, took months just to clear the first few bosses.

I haven't played WoW since early Cata, but that video made me sad.

Originally posted by WabbaWay

I remember wiping so many times on the core hound packs in Molten Core back in the day, took months just to clear the first few bosses.

And you will still be wiped for many long evenings if you try the new raids on hard mode. With the risk of being trolled by "stfu noob i definitely know better than the devs, they should listen to me" people, what exactly is the complaint here? That ultra-casuals got their raid finder?

Originally posted by simmihi

And you will still be wiped for many long evenings if you try the new raids on hard mode. With the risk of being trolled by "stfu noob i definitely know better than the devs, they should listen to me" people, what exactly is the complaint here? That ultra-casuals got their raid finder?

Nope, I've always been for all play styles to get content, and casuals pay a monthly fee just as everyone else so they should be able to see the content they pay for (and they are the majority...).

What makes me sad is the attitude of the community, so busy facerolling their keyboard that they don't notice someone leeching. They only see the shiny trinket at the end, it's all totally impersonal, there's no soul to it.

I totally agree here and I truly miss old-times gaming. In the old games I've played (older than WoW), I knew probably more than 150 people on my server. I don't think that we'll ever see those times again. Actually, I have not the time or the patience for a game like that anymore. Games adapted and WoW adapted, The new titles do it even worse with the automatic group joining for "dynamic events". All the games I've played (and unfortunately I've bought all the hyped titles lately) do the same thing, the carrot-on-a-stick. Putting it all on WoW's shoulders and blaming WoW for everything is just unfair. In my opinion, WoW is still the best of them all, in terms of... well everything: content, quality, combat fluidity, new ideas etc.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    FACT: If you look for something negative, in ANY game, you will find it. 
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

wipe for long evening only to have blizzard gradually devalue that effort and content as they follow their policy of lowering difficulty over time so 'everyone can access the content' .

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    FACT: If you look for something negative, in ANY game, you will find it. 

I really hate how right this is.

Still, sometimes the negative jumps out and bites us in the face, while we're looking for something to like.

Originally posted by Bladestrom

wipe for long evening only to have blizzard gradually devalue that effort and content as they follow their policy of lowering difficulty over time so 'everyone can access the content' .

The raid will be on for months until the "lowering of difficulty" happens like it happened with the Deathwing raid etc. So you and your group of hardcore friends will be able to "finish" the raid on hard mode way before the "regular people" do. Also, the lowering difficulty debuff can be disabled. What is the issue, again? Why does this bother you?

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by Bladestrom

That doesn't happen until the next tier is released. So who gives a crap about the previous tier.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Wildaboutwildstar

The guy intentionally tried to be the worst player possible in the game, and he was able to see the whole game's worth of content in only 1 day played.

No he didn't see all of WoW's content in 1 day.

Though I agree LFR is too easy but ain't that the point?

Originally posted by expresso
    Originally posted by Wildaboutwildstar

No he didn't see all of WoW's content in 1 day.

Good point too. The guy blew it out of proportions, most likely to get attention.

If he wanted to show how to see "all" WoW content, he would have had to start at level 1... and that's only one of the requirements.

Like I said, he obviously did the vid to vent. Saw another one of his vids where he showed having like 8 lvl 90's so it isn't from a 'noob's' point of view.

Still, being disgruntled by how things turned out is one thing. Campaigning about it is quite another.

Originally posted by whisperwynd

Like I said, he obviously did the vid to vent. Saw another one of his vids where he showed having like 8 lvl 90's so it isn't from a 'noob's' point of view.

Still, being disgruntled by how things turned out is one thing. Campaigning about it is quite another.

Well, the point is he can still enjoy Heroic content without any problems. Seems to me that he's whining because more casual players are finally able to see the content they are also paying for, without any other option for more hardcore players.

Self entitled elitist comes to my mind.

He's also posting some lies about gear appearance.

I still think he made a point about community though.

I agree with most of this but my take on the 'why' is, I believe, his take on players being able to skip most of the world content by just doing LFD and LFR all the way to cap while not being all that good at his class.

By leveling this way you see zero of the world and get to endgame with decent missing out on the lore, story, etc. I guess content can be divided into world stuff and dungeons. Idk.