Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trouble finding people to do events with.

Atomic_PinkAtomic_Pink Member Posts: 2

Hey everyone,

I really love GW2, I've gotten to level 20 but it's been kind of hard to level because most of the events I can't do alone, and it's always nice to see people around also doing them, but it seems like on the realm I'm on there are hardly anyone in the zone to help.

I've done all the quests at level 20 and I'm stuck at that level atm. I can't seem to get into the 2 full realms :(.

So yeah..any advice please would be great. Thanks!!

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    You could guest on another server. Also note that Queensdale and Plains of Ashford are rather full right now because of the current event.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Stay in Queensdale until you hit max level. I rarely see anyone in other zones unless ANet decides to give people a reason to go to said zones.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

Originally posted by stayBlind Stay in Queensdale until you hit max level. I rarely see anyone in other zones unless ANet decides to give people a reason to go to said zones.

It would be very boring to stay in same zone that long time. I advise you to look at what zones are mentioned in the daily achievements (press H and select the achievement folder).

You can also level up in WvW, look here for a group with a commander (blue icon).

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by Atomic_Pink

Hey everyone,

I really love GW2, I've gotten to level 20 but it's been kind of hard to level because most of the events I can't do alone, and it's always nice to see people around also doing them, but it seems like on the realm I'm on there are hardly anyone in the zone to help.

I've done all the quests at level 20 and I'm stuck at that level atm. I can't seem to get into the 2 full realms :(.

So yeah..any advice please would be great. Thanks!!

Add me to friends. Epicent :)

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Mail me for my in-game name.

But also USE GUESTING and check out www.gw2stuff.com

That site has most of the meta events that are going on on every damn server. VERY useful.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Feel free to add me as well, Serelisk.6573
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Are you on EU or US servers? I play on Aurora Glade EU and the server is crowded. It's flagged as very high population.

If your level 20 toon is your only one, I would recommend deleting it and starting over on a high pop server. You won't lose much progress but playing on a low pop server always sucks when playing an MMO. 

IF not there is always guesting and possibly a paid transfer.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• GODGANONDORFGODGANONDORF Member Posts: 59
    Well take in account many player will be doing dailies or triying to complete the insane every 15 days achievements anet have been adding these last months, i know not all agree but i dont like that kinda "temporary content" they adding because it becomes stressing more than fun, for me at least an like my case there many players focusing in "farm" for the tokens and get the achievements done before event ends so maybe thats why u dont see same amount of players helping , im an example i hardly find time to help if i wish to get all the achievemnts, anyway i overextended and my recommendation is, join W vs W  to level faster and then comback to the zones, or explore and discovre points and waypoints and vistas so u get more level that way then try the events

DARK AND LIGHT I GOVERN BOTH

• GODGANONDORFGODGANONDORF Member Posts: 59
    I forgot to add gimme a shout i help ya if im online add me Ganondorf Earth God ill gladly try help :)

DARK AND LIGHT I GOVERN BOTH

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Are you on EU or US servers? I play on Aurora Glade EU and the server is crowded. It's flagged as very high population.

If your level 20 toon is your only one, I would recommend deleting it and starting over on a high pop server. You won't lose much progress but playing on a low pop server always sucks when playing an MMO. 

It is disheartening that the server pride seems so low that you suggest a such change.

Ideally, you should be able to just type in chat that you need help, and then people will start helping you just because you are on the same server as they are and therefore your progress is helpful for the server as a whole. Now that's the server pride I was hoping GW2 would create. 

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by fivoroth

It is disheartening that the server pride seems so low that you suggest a such change.

Ideally, you should be able to just type in chat that you need help, and then people will start helping you just because you are on the same server as they are and therefore your progress is helpful for the server as a whole. Now that's the server pride I was hoping GW2 would create. 

It certainly does on some servers, many I would say, but if you're unfortunate enough to get stuck in the couple that are typically at the bottom rung of the WvW ladder, you've got for few people who have an outspoken sense of server pride, as well as a lot of people who want to leave just because they likely perceive it as denying themselves a true WvW experience.

-shrug- The more people you have, the bigger the guilds, the better chance for a strong community to take root.

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    I don't see why he would have to switch servers. He can just guest on a very high pop server for PvE.

This. Home servers are expressly for WvW.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by stayBlind
    Stay in Queensdale until you hit max level. I rarely see anyone in other zones unless ANet decides to give people a reason to go to said zones.

Really? My server (seafarers rest (EU)) actually have more people now in the weirder zones than a month after launch. You know, zones like Iron marches, Lornars pass and similar.

OP: The best way is always to join a guild. Many people do have alts they need to level up anyways and more than a few don't mind doing lower zones with their chars anyways. Right now it should be easy enough to get a team into Kessex hills to get enough events for that voting achievement.

Kessex hills is probably your best choice at the moment, or you could run one of the other start zones and go to Gendarran fields as level 25, it usually have rather many players.

But since MMOs are a social thing, announce after a nice guild from your server under guilds in this forum and see if you find something nice. Or get a few IRL friends to start playing. :)

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

Which server are you on?

If you are not on a high/medium tier servers it may be harder to find people to play.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    I've never had this problem, but then again, being part of a guild helps.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Not true. The new living story is not in Queensdale, it is all over and I have seen people everywhere, on the server I am on (Tarnished Coast).

I was in Harathi Hinterlands and there was close to 50-60 people on the main boss event last week. That is alot of people in that area where it is basically a deadend area.

• johaocarljohaocarl Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by botrytis

Not true. The new living story is not in Queensdale, it is all over and I have seen people everywhere, on the server I am on (Tarnished Coast).

I was in Harathi Hinterlands and there was close to 50-60 people on the main boss event last week. That is alot of people in that area where it is basically a deadend area.

The new living story is asking for complete 20 events at Kryta. Make sense think some people will try to complete that achievement at Queensdale, because normally lower level zones have more Dynamic Events happening (more people there)

However, Harathi Hinterlands have a timed chain of events, that repeat each 20 minutes, so that zone can too be a good option.

To the OP: can be a good option see first where the living story is sending the players. They are trying use the living story achievements and the daily achievements as tools for spread the players over lower and middle level zones. Thye do'nt want the max level players stay only at Orr and the othehr level 80 zones.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by johaocarl
    Originally posted by botrytis

The new living story is asking for complete 20 events at Kryta. Make sense think some people will try to complete that achievement at Queensdale, because normally lower level zones have more Dynamic Events happening (more people there)

However, Harathi Hinterlands have a timed chain of events, that repeat each 20 minutes, so that zone can too be a good option.

To the OP: can be a good option see first where the living story is sending the players. They are trying use the living story achievements and the daily achievements as tools for spread the players over lower and middle level zones. Thye do'nt want the max level players stay only at Orr and the othehr level 80 zones.

That's only one of the things its asking you to do.  There's also dugeon running, fractals running, dailies, participating in new minigames, and lets not forget doing 20 events in Ascalon.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Like someone already posted, you can head to other starting zones to play through those and you'll just be scaled to continue leveling at the same pace.

Go to your main city and find the asura gate to lion's arch, from there you can travel to each starting city. It's a good thing to do anyway as you'll have more skill point challenges available to you so you can purchase more skills.

GW2 really wants you to bounce around and explore, try not to follow it too linearly, it's much more open than you'd expect.