Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Price Break to $9.99

Comments

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    At this rate the servers will be shut down in 3-6 months..,
  • KeladorKelador Member UncommonPosts: 119

I don't see Defiance lasting more than 6 months before being shut down or going through a major game design overhaul. Its just a bad shooter with some rpg elements. Its similar in design to Tabula Rasa but not as good.

So in short I would not recommend this game to a friend even if it was free.

• StalkerousStalkerous Member UncommonPosts: 92

This game is great only if they fix the not being to play with friends bug/Phasing. 

Also, Tabula Rasa was THE WORST MMOFPS EVER MADE.

• KeladorKelador Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by Stalkerous

This game is great only if they fix the not being to play with friends bug/Phasing. 

Also, Tabula Rasa was THE WORST MMOFPS EVER MADE.

I know it was the worst MMOFPS ever made that was my point...

• paganloftpaganloft Member Posts: 11

keep in mind this was built for the consoles, just so happens they ported it over to PC.  I think it was a good attempt at trying to bring something to the console markets that is otherwise non-existent.

the idea was innovative, material was like the 3rd generation of saturday night live

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576
    If your in the UK, its on Steam sale today for £6.99

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    the show and the game are total crap. the ui, game design and lack of useful chat function just makes it feel so solitary in nature. its a single player game trying to be a mmo
  • trikkitrikki Member Posts: 58
    Im still debating to get this or not.I did play in the beta.Price wise,if this last's say a month.10euro's it's not bad at all
  • RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Not going to last a month tho. If you are really resistant to a swallow game it MIGHT last you untill after the tutorial is over and you notice that the content is already over.

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by snoop101

So the question is for people like me who have not played it, is it worth the $9.99? 

Is there enough of a game to keep you going or does boredom hit fast?

cmon , for 9,99$ ? what you looking for... exchange for real life?

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Looks like Defiance's Cash Shop sales are not delivering the desired income and/or it's not retaining players. Truth is, the CS is so optional that nobody probably spends a cent in it...

It's a pity really, the TV series and MMO link-up was a novel idea. However, it flopped as a "feature" because the link was very superficial.

Perhaps the next attempt will be more successful, but I doubt we'll be seeing it soon.

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I just tried it out using the 72 hour free trial , I did not enjoy it enough to play past a few hours of time. I did not like the UI or the game play itself. Looks like an interesting idea but poorly implemented.
  • MischiffMischiff Member Posts: 169
    the game is boring, once u get leveled there is almost nothing to do .. PVP is a bunch of people bunny hopping around so you cant target them .. so you end up having to use shotguns, or full auto weapons .. the city of defiance isnt even in the game .. only san fran .. and it doesnt look like san fran sept they have a bombed out bridge .. thats it .. i had high expectations, what a let down .  IMHO!
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    I beta tested it and didn't think it was worth the $30 or $40 it started at. Might be worth $10 though, I might pick it up.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018
    After looking most UK stores have it between £15.99 & £34.99 still, only Steam & Origin have it at £6.99 - but I don't really want steam or origin so I'll wait till the price filters through to the rest of the retailers.
  • RawkiRawki Member UncommonPosts: 3

They are offering a 72Hour PC Trial

http://www.defiance.com/en/pc-free-trial/

Just for info :)

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

I tried repeatedly to express my concerns for the title and even provided some game design one sheets... it didn't matter.

The game ended up a sadly shallow experience when it could have been so much more.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by Dauntis
    Still not worth it. I regret deeply paying full price for this POS. The show isn't too bad tho.

We've all been there. I paid $60 for SWTOR.

• ego13ego13 Member Posts: 267
    Originally posted by mCalvert
    Originally posted by Dauntis
    Still not worth it. I regret deeply paying full price for this POS. The show isn't too bad tho.

We've all been there. I paid $60 for SWTOR.

Exactly....still overpriced.  At $5 maybe...

Just because every car has similar features doesn't mean that Ferraris are copies of Model Ts. Progress requires failure and refining.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Looks like Defiance's Cash Shop sales are not delivering the desired income and/or it's not retaining players. Truth is, the CS is so optional that nobody probably spends a cent in it...

It's a pity really, the TV series and MMO link-up was a novel idea. However, it flopped as a "feature" because the link was very superficial.

Perhaps the next attempt will be more successful, but I doubt we'll be seeing it soon.

Maybe this is a better way to go at the TV/Game tie in?

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-announced/

Looking like a modern version of C&C.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Calerxes

Quantum is exclusive to xbox one, no one I know will touch that console when the PS4 hands down is the better box.  Especially when you look at what you have to do with all the Microsoft restrictions.  CCP could not even work out a deal to get their console game on their service.  Has to tell you that dealing with them is a real pain in the butt.

• Kraken999Kraken999 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by expresso
    It was about $10 on the steam sale - i almost bought it.

Still way overpriced for that piece of crap game.  Nothing but a huge grind fest for absolutly nothing rewards.  Get ready to just drive around and kill things because there is little to no story in the game, no crafting system, closed in maps that are small, and  an extremely confusing weapon system that will take years to finish.  This game is about the most boring piece of shit you can imagine and the community could care less that its a mmo.  No sense of guilds or groups to mention and the game wont last much more than the lame TV show.   If it lasts the rest of the year it will be a miracle.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Originally posted by Calerxes

Quantum is exclusive to xbox one, no one I know will touch that console when the PS4 hands down is the better box.  Especially when you look at what you have to do with all the Microsoft restrictions.  CCP could not even work out a deal to get their console game on their service.  Has to tell you that dealing with them is a real pain in the butt.

Whats that little rant got to do with my post? And I think the Xbox One is hands down the better console so I pre-ordered one and all my mates cannot wait to get their hands on a new Remedy game, we could be at this all night if you want. 

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155
    This game is sub par, to say the least, so it's no wonder really that we are seeing such a huge price reduction since their player numbers must be dwindling at a rapid pace.
  • paganloftpaganloft Member Posts: 11

I think ya'll are forgetting this game was designed for the console.  The game play is like console, the controls are like console, the limitation in what you can do compared to huge MMOs, screams console.

So despite your opinions about the game, how does it fair as a MMO for console?  What other games out there (US games) were console based MMO successes?