Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Price Break to $9.99

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion has reduced the price of Defiance to a mere $9.99 on the game's official site. As yet, online retailers such as Amazon have yet to reflect the price change so, if you have yet to try out Defiance, head to the official site to grab yours at a bargain price.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

Steam has had it at that price for a few days now.

Really pleasing to people who bought it for more than that on special at the start of the Summer Sale just a couple of days before.

Trion has a history of doing fast price drops, but they're setting something of a record here.

• DyhrbergDyhrberg Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Still 30 Euro on the european site.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    It was about $10 on the steam sale - i almost bought it.
  • Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

It will be Free soon enough

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Four0Six

I honestly don't think so. Not with buy to play, and if they did make it free how would the payment methods work in this as opposed to fantasy MMORPG games. I can see maybe cosmetics in the cash shop, but exp boosts and things like that wouldn't work just because it doesn't matter as much in this. 

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Panther2103

I honestly don't think so. Not with buy to play, and if they did make it free how would the payment methods work in this as opposed to fantasy MMORPG games. I can see maybe cosmetics in the cash shop, but exp boosts and things like that wouldn't work just because it doesn't matter as much in this. 

I don't know really, but it launched not that long ago, 6 months? and it already is 10 bucks.....I am just calling the trend.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Ugg.. I knew I should have waited.

Joined - July 2004

• xagarelicxagarelic Member UncommonPosts: 12
    If you grabbed a 30% price cut code from Raptr a while ago, it's still counted. So you can buy the game for 6.99
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

I don't know really, but it launched not that long ago, 6 months? and it already is 10 bucks.....I am just calling the trend.

Launched a bit over four months ago (April 2nd, if I remember right).

It really wouldn't surprise me if it went F2P. With this drastic a price drop they're clearly counting on making their money by selling 'Bits' (cash shop) and DLC -- at least the first one, I suspect demand will go down massively once people see what their idea of a DLC is.

• snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

So the question is for people like me who have not played it, is it worth the $9.99? 

Is there enough of a game to keep you going or does boredom hit fast?

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by snoop101

So the question is for people like me who have not played it, is it worth the $9.99? 

Nope, even if it was free to play I would not play it. Game is below average in every way possible.

• BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296

I just hope they have the cash to pump in more content and DLC packs before season 2 hits.

Season 2 is going to be epic I feel.  I hope the game does not die before then.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Four month after this piece got released, it is right where it belongs and that is in the gutter -even before the first DLC.

Good job Trion.

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613

The game is not worth the 10 bucks.

Honestly, it is just bad. Not even good enough to go into detail why, just think about everything that is important to you, then put a "badly done in Defience"-Label on that idea and you have what defiance is all about.

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    It's pretty terrible, it wouldn't be this price if it wasn't - but 10 bucks is nothing.  I would say its worth 5-10 bucks
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

It has a good story play through- after that just switch over to FireFall for timeless Fun! imo.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Definitely a great game. I bought it at launch and still enjoy it. If you're looking for an "MMO" then no its not worth it. But for a fun TPS that happens to be in a persistent world? Absolutely a blast.

Really exciting to see more games developed in this way. I love the idea of more non RPG genres having persistent world elements to their games.

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

Go play Planetside 2 instead.  You will get bored just as quickly and save yourself $10

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Hmm... pretty good price. Almost tempts me to buy it. That icky PC UI bothers me to much though and distracts from a game that otherwise ain't bad at all. Quite fun if you get yourself into it. Might just go buy it possibly...

• adino32adino32 Member Posts: 25

Played for about a month and maxed out the game.

Then it became a grind fest for no real award.  No end content and horrible chat system.  The world events get very redundant.  That being said; it is a pretty game and until you get to the end/grind it is a lot of fun.  The story quests are entertaining too.  For 10 bucks... heck yeah do it. 

This is the first of its kind so it was bound to fail.  Freefall is like 2nd and we see how that does.  Destiny though... oh yeah summer of 2014, is when we will see FPSMMO truly come alive.

Again, 10 bucks is a great price.  It will entertain you for several months.

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    I highly recommend playing the free demo, before you decide to spend your money. I did and it saved me 10 bucks.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Margulis
    It's pretty terrible, it wouldn't be this price if it wasn't - but 10 bucks is nothing.  I would say its worth 5-10 bucks

Even if it was free I wouldn't get it.  I don't think it is good enough AND more importantly, I don't want to be counted in the "amazing new sales growth" figures they might advertise.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275

That big of a price drop in this short of time, just show how little the players care for the game.

The game could have been so much better.   One of the main problems was that they tried to make the game so all gaming platforms played together on one server but Sony and Microsoft said no to it, so here we are at the current miss of a game they have.  With the reduction of most of the staff that made the game I see no hope of them making the UI or other parts that need major help from ever being done.

From my point of view with all the major problems and the way overdue season pass downloads the best thing to happen would be if they just closed the game and refunded the season pass price to those that bought it.

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    imagine my pain I dropped 90 bucks on this title, would have been better off wiping my rear end with the bills.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Still not worth it. I regret deeply paying full price for this POS. The show isn't too bad tho.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk