Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafters beware this game

time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

Just an fyi, this game has a daily crafting cap.  You can craft a certain skill for like 5 minutes then you are done for the day.  It's not time based, its exp based, but the time it takes to rack up the limit is like 5-10 minutes. 

Yes I realize there are tons of craft professions, but if I want to just fish or cook, I don't want to be done in 10 minutes and just run around collecting crafting exp for stuff I don't like.

Yes I realize that if there was no daily craft exp cap, ppl could potentially ding their crafters quick to the level cap, but, to those guys I would say that's just the easy way out argument.  This game could make it harder to hit its upper limit ceiling for crafters.

This game is supposedly sandbox.  Well if its sandbox, then I wanna be a roaming beggar that fishes and makes his own wine.  But wait, I can only fish and make wine for like 5 minutes.  So it takes the fun out of the sandbox element.  Yes you can do whatever you want, but only for so long in terms of crafting. 

Yes I know there are pills that can increase the daily exp limits, but those can only be given from events that come up, and are bound to players and can't be traded right?  Well sucks for those of us who want to farm, cook, fish, chop wood all day, and wander around with the remainder of our time.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

Comments

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882

I feel so baited but the conversation about this was taking place over here.

One man's trash.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by time007

Just an fyi, this game has a daily crafting cap.  You can craft a certain skill for like 5 minutes then you are done for the day.  It's not time based, its exp based, but the time it takes to rack up the limit is like 5-10 minutes. 

Yes I realize there are tons of craft professions, but if I want to just fish or cook, I don't want to be done in 10 minutes and just run around collecting crafting exp for stuff I don't like.

Yes I realize that if there was no daily craft exp cap, ppl could potentially ding their crafters quick to the level cap, but, to those guys I would say that's just the easy way out argument.  This game could make it harder to hit its upper limit ceiling for crafters.

This game is supposedly sandbox.  Well if its sandbox, then I wanna be a roaming beggar that fishes and makes his own wine.  But wait, I can only fish and make wine for like 5 minutes.  So it takes the fun out of the sandbox element.  Yes you can do whatever you want, but only for so long in terms of crafting. 

Yes I know there are pills that can increase the daily exp limits, but those can only be given from events that come up, and are bound to players and can't be traded right?  Well sucks for those of us who want to farm, cook, fish, chop wood all day, and wander around with the remainder of our time.

Grasshoppa, you must walk before you run. The more you learn, the stronger and more effciant you become. 

Yeah so when you are just beginning you have a very low amount of vigor. Vigor is you strength/concentration. The better you become at your craft the more vigor you get. Once per you can regen your vigor over time. It will fill a full bar.

I'm a Legendary blacksmith. Once you grow Grasshoppa vigor will not be an issue.  You can't craft your way to "max" in a day, or a month for that matter though. I've never done a daily either btw image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    My vigor was still at over 100 for the day, it said, I couldn't get any more exp for the day.  I can keep crafting, I just can't get any exp from it.  So I don't want to spend time and money crafting if I'm not getting any exp from it.  Yes crafting uses vigor but there is an exp cap so you can't gain anymore exp after you hit the daily cap.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
    My vigor was still at over 100 for the day, it said, I couldn't get any more exp for the day.  I can keep crafting, I just can't get any exp from it.  So I don't want to spend time and money crafting if I'm not getting any exp from it.  Yes crafting uses vigor but there is an exp cap so you can't gain anymore exp after you hit the daily cap.

My vigor is about 1000 right now. I see what you're saying though. Yeah there is a cap on the amount of lifeskill xp you can get per day. Let's say you log in for 3 days but do not craft, your xp pool will continue to grow, you will in a sense get xp longer when you do decide to craft. In wushu you work your profession to make money. Use all your vigor if you can.

As far as you begger, who fishes and makes wine, go about 10 pages back in this forum you will see my post about my fun loving wine making beggar who farms the rice for his "legendary wine" not really legendary, but that's the persona ;)

edit - here's the link "The adventures of Clay_Jug"

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Yeah nice write up.  Me, I wanna travel the land, find new places to fish, more places to cut down trees.  More difficult places to get to, and build up my fighting skills and stuff around the necessity to get to the different places I'll adventure to for crafting,  BUT the stupid daily exp craft/profession cap kinda kills my roleplay after 5-10 minutes of fun.

Yeah nice write up.  Me, I wanna travel the land, find new places to fish, more places to cut down trees.  More difficult places to get to, and build up my fighting skills and stuff around the necessity to get to the different places I'll adventure to for crafting,  BUT the stupid daily exp craft/profession cap kinda kills my roleplay after 5-10 minutes of fun.

:) I really do understand. Everything in Wushu takes time. Soon you forget that there is cap, because you won't even be able to reach it. 

There is no reason for u to stop just because u can't get more life skill xp though. Keep doing wha you enjoy. I used to mine and then stop at cap just like you :) I had to break the chains too.

• ZanagiZanagi Member Posts: 30

It's not the exp limit that bothers me. It's the vigor cap at max lvl. I can burn 1000+ a day in no time. After that ........ No vig = you're done crafting gathering or playing the Qin...... Even subs fall under this.