Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the reason for this Hype !!???

2»

Comments

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by aspekx
    Originally posted by bujko

Please , someone explain me what is this hype , the game looks nice.

Big title but still not better than Archage or Black Desert.

you must be new to this site ;)

Wait, has bujko found actual gameplay on the game that no one but TTH and MMORPG have seen? If I'm correct everyone but these two media sources are completely in the dark about the game as of right now.

Massively has also seen it.

OP: one word, nostalgia.

• Valgar1Valgar1 Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Originally posted by Nadia
    the hype for me is old EQ fans getting a new EQ home

Can not agree more. Lot of us older gamers played EQ 1 for lots of years. I for one have never gotten that feeling back in any other game, and EQ1 is just way to dated to play. So we all have the hope we can find that again.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by bujko

Please , someone explain me what is this hype , the game looks nice.

Big title but still not better than Archage or Black Desert.

For me the biggest hype is the unknown.  I think, and hope the game is a PvE centric sandbox (the first of its kind) and I hope it has action combat.  Basically I hope it has some of the elements that made old school MMO's engaging and fun with modern quality of life improvements found in current MMO's.

ArchAge is not on my follow list because it is Asian in style and more importantly it features FFA PvP and boring WoW style tab target combat.

Black Desert, what little bit I do know (granted it isn't much) is it also features FFA PvP.

There are 3 elements that automatically turn me off of a game:

1. FFA PvP
    2. Boring multi hotbar Tab Target Combat
    3. Happy, Shiny, Rainbows & Unicorns Asian/Anime Art style.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

sandbox

everquest

nothing else going on

take your pick

First Annual MMORPG.com Vaporware Award?

"Careful surveying reveals the best game that doesn't exist yet, so that our expert staff can start writing reviews far enough in advance to screw up our usual Top Notch (stop laughing!) Game Ratings well before beta!!

Our technology forges further ahead until some day we hope to predict the game that will thrill your grandchildren, years before your children are even born!

We can confidently predict your great grandkids will totally poop their pants, because most infants do!"

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

It's EverQuest.

I mean it's where the core MMO population started. Prior there were basement dwellers, afterwards there were rollface kiddies. EQ is the epitome of MMORPG to people. Even people that didn't play it.

Sure they may not get it like those of use trading at the tunnel do.

But if you shout "Train to Zone!" or "FIPPY NOOO!" people get it.

Any EQ title will have this inheritance that's hard to deny.

I'm hoping it's more awesome than I could ever hope for. Realistically it'll be a SOE title that underperforms thanks to it's overpromise. It'll probably be technically great anyway, and I'm looking forward to it regardless.

We as MMORPG players / fans need another watershed moment, and with all of the failed hops into next-gen territory for the last 8 years; this could be it.

Now that's HYPE, but it's also why it's there.

a yo ho ho

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    sandbox.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

its everquest.

huge/open world.

This discussion has been closed.