Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Races, Classes, and Skills

Any info on how TES this game is going to be in terms of race bonuses, skills, and "classes"?

I really hoping that theres not set classes based on what race you choose, and its more races have bonuses like the TES games.

Also how will skills work?

Really haven't been able to find any info on this and seems the community has overlooked the vast differences in TES single player games and standard mmorpgs in terms of skill use, progression, classes, and race bonuses.

Comments

• jimprounerjimprouner Member Posts: 142
    Sadly its sort of like TSW in which you have no real choices.  Choices indicate you are accepting one condition while exluding the others.  You get to do everything in ES.   it is a cheap plastic style to creating games.
  • NoLifeNerd20NoLifeNerd20 Member Posts: 15
    they have 4 classes I believe dragonknight,sorcerer,nightblade and erm the last one I forget the way so far it seems is kind of branching on the skill tress think skyrim perks but with new abilities for example the dragonknight levels up you go down one path you get fiery reach you pick the other path its shield bash
    thats my understanding of it anyway
  • NoLifeNerd20NoLifeNerd20 Member Posts: 15
    oh just remembered an extra tidbit of info there is also a seperate skill line for werewolf vampire the fighters guild and mages guild there are 9 playable races just like TES but you cannot play imperials

(if there was a way to edit earlier post forgive my error of new post)
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Strangerous

Any info on how TES this game is going to be in terms of race bonuses, skills, and "classes"?

I really hoping that theres not set classes based on what race you choose, and its more races have bonuses like the TES games.

Also how will skills work?

Really haven't been able to find any info on this and seems the community has overlooked the vast differences in TES single player games and standard mmorpgs in terms of skill use, progression, classes, and race bonuses.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by jimprouner
    Sadly its sort of like TSW in which you have no real choices.  Choices indicate you are accepting one condition while exluding the others.  You get to do everything in ES.   it is a cheap plastic style to creating games.

Does anybody have any clue what he is talking about? I didn't get it. In ESO, you can be a mage and wear heavy armor if you want, or be a pure mage with light armor probably boosting magic stats similar to the single player games...a thing most ESO fans love..because it represents choice.

There Is Always Hope!

• WildaboutwildstarWildaboutwildstar Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by keithian

Does anybody have any clue what he is talking about? I didn't get it. In ESO, you can be a mage and wear heavy armor if you want, or be a pure mage with light armor probably boosting magic stats similar to the single player games...a thing most ESO fans love..because it represents choice.

I get what he is saying. The game is based around complete skill freedom, just like those other games mentioned. In ESO a very small portion of stuff is blocked behind your class, but not much. This sounds great, but there are some major flaws. In the end there is almost no incentive to ever make more than one character. The game completely lacks variety as cookie cutter specs emerge, and everyone merely copies them. There is no sense of uniqueness for the same reason. People like to feel special, and different, but in a world of monotonicity everything is gray. It is an absolutely horrid way to do skill systems imo.
  • Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Wildaboutwildstar

I get what he is saying. The game is based around complete skill freedom, just like those other games mentioned. In ESO a very small portion of stuff is blocked behind your class, but not much. This sounds great, but there are some major flaws. In the end there is almost no incentive to ever make more than one character. The game completely lacks variety as cookie cutter specs emerge, and everyone merely copies them. There is no sense of uniqueness for the same reason. People like to feel special, and different, but in a world of monotonicity everything is gray. It is an absolutely horrid way to do skill systems imo.

Right, but it's an elder scrolls game. He really shouldn't think it wouldn't have this system since it's the norm of an elder scrolls game.

My last post got deleted for no reason. I said before, it is almost like he never played an Elder Scrolls game before, so I personally am not taking him seriously anymore. Matter of fact, he has been argueing in many of these forums why this game is going to sucks apparently. I find it funny how a mod deleted my post, but ignores all those troll posts.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

its a ES game now people are complaining about it having an ES style skill system? LOL

i am sorry, that is just comical.

• RoosterNashRoosterNash Member Posts: 283
    I dont know if this has been covered prior to my post, but I've noticed that some don't seem to understand the complexity of multiplayer equality - whether to nerf or buff - creates many issues when in comparrison to the ES series before it. Though I am not sure how they will present it at release (whether they'll offer full customization to your class, mainly regarding armor choice), but I can guarantee with almost 100% certainty that they will inevitably nerf the possibility of say: a mage wearing heavy armor. At least, not until perhaps late game (i.e. when one dawns the title of battlemage or arcane warrior)
    My main concern at this time is class equality; not in the most obvious sense, however. What I mean by "equality" is the ability for any one class to beat another. I hope it's primarily skill based interaction.

THE Rooster Nash

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Wildaboutwildstar

and this is coming from a WildStar fan who has posted that Wildstar has borrowed from the better parts of WOW lol. That is so hypocritical. I think some credibility is lost when the game they hype is a complete cookie cutter from every game that proceeded it..especially when the hype is based on a game with meaningless texted lead by the arrow but ignore what the quest says PVE with explanation points and red combat circles. ESO seems as if its targeting true exploration (with limits due to leveled areas) instead of Wildstar calling a class an 'explorer' which basically means playing Sonic the Hedgehog or Ratchet and Clank doing old school patform hopping in a horrible looking cartoon world.

The Elder Scrolls series has a history of proven choice with Classes and Skills and a history of some of the best PVE quests out there. Wildstar has shown nothing of the sort with regard to its PVE system yet. Once people realize its more of the same its only going to help the ESO series...unless this game is terrible...which I can only pray its not since I haven't tried it yet.

There Is Always Hope!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

You are wrong about not having to choose, as there are only 6 active slots, 2 weapons and one armor to wear, there is also a lot of choice involved...  And while you can probably get most of the stuff, there still might be some game requirements that are mutually excluding skills.  Its said everyone can master all skilltrees but no word on skills itselves yet...   I am hoping that they also add a spellcreator where people can even create their own spells.  

On top of that, we dont know enough about traits and such..... To know if in the end everyone will turn out the same.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)