Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preexist

tussauctussauc Member UncommonPosts: 147

So I have a few questions, things I could probably find out through Google, but I don't want to; so please help me.

I already own FFXIV, am I going to have to pay anything for the first month of ARR? A sub or something?

I never got past 17 on any one class, but I played it for a few weeks here and there.

I'm in the beta right now(please someone tell me if it's okay to say this) and I'm pretty sure this means I'm in OB, but if someone could reassure me, that'd be great.

Comments

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Yoshi said that we (owners of 1.0) would get two weeks free to try it out. Also we are in the phase 4 or open beta so that is more time to try it out. What you don't get are the perks for preordering, like early access just before go live. Also you probably don't have legacy status, you needed three months subscribed to 1.0 to get that, which gave you a discount on your subscription.

Your existing character will be on one of the legacy servers. But a lot of people, even with higher level characters, are starting fresh on the new servers. Its up to you.

All die, so die well.

• tussauctussauc Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by VikingGamer

Yoshi said that we (owners of 1.0) would get two weeks free to try it out. Also we are in the phase 4 or open beta so that is more time to try it out.

Your existing character will be on one of the legacy servers. But a lot of people, even with higher level characters, are starting fresh on the new servers. Its up to you.

After those two weeks do we sub? Is there somewhere I could go to ensure I have early access? I'd gladly pay, I've seen enough of the game to know I'll enjoy it.

I plan on starting fresh, playing an Arcanist -> Summoner.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Originally posted by tussauc
    Originally posted by VikingGamer

Yoshi said that we (owners of 1.0) would get two weeks free to try it out. Also we are in the phase 4 or open beta so that is more time to try it out.

After those two weeks do we sub? Is there somewhere I could go to ensure I have early access? I'd gladly pay, I've seen enough of the game to know I'll enjoy it.

I plan on starting fresh, playing an Arcanist -> Summoner.

Those two weeks will be the first two weeks after release. I am not certain if it will be the two fixed weeks or if your two weeks will start when you first log in. But they are not the same as phase 4 beta or early access. I don't know if there is a link you can check or if you just have to wait for phase 4

All die, so die well.