Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: Big Numbers, Big Update, Big News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gazillion Entertainment made a trio of announcements at this week's San Diego Comicon. According to the team, over 1.5 million users have registered to play Marvel Heroes Online. In addition, the first major patch/update will hit live service at the end of July. Lastly, the "Asgard" zone will be added to the game in early 2014.

Marvel Heroes Patch 1.11 is the beginning of a series of game updates this summer which will introduce:

• End Game Additions - New Player versus Player (PvP) and End Game modes will give players an alternate way to experience Marvel Heroes after they defeat Doctor Doom

• Eternity Splinters - A new currency that will offer an alternate method to earn playable Heroes through gameplay

• Ultimate Updates - A new tier of powerful “Ultimate” items than enhance Heroes’ Ultimate Powers

• Human Torch – Players will be able to suit up as the Human Torch for the first time

Read more plans for the game on the Marvel Heroes Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Hmmm.. kinda misleading. That quote makes it sound like all those changes are already in the game at first glance or are coming in patch 1.11. They aren't.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

That is an old advertisement video :P

The game is entertaining.  But after beating Doom, I have no interest in PvPing, and it isn't like I can redo the maps on a harder setting.  So endgame is kind of... meh at this moment in time.

But it is fun at the start.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Registered users means nothing. I've registered, played for a few hours and, uninstalled. But they count me too in this unrealistic, inflated and commercial number.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

They added similar things on Super Hero Squad Online already.  

If they intend to use the same method then the Eternity Splinters will cause nothing but massive pointless grind and Ultimate Updates will just be a quick pay to win method to boost your hero's stats at max level.

Harbinger of Fools
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    "Registered users" means zero.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    "Registered users" means zero.

You mean it means nothing. 

Oh btw,  wow is the first mmo :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Hodor...WOW first MMO
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • KyBoKyBo Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Originally posted by titanofdoom
    Hodor...WOW first MMO

LOL, HODOR!

Anyway, I tend to find that when a F2P game starts boasting its "registered users" or "total accounts," the game has little else to market for that sales pitch.  Stating registered user numbers for a free game is as pointless as McDonald's putting "Billions Served" on the sign.