Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Game Similar to Wurm Online

GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132

I love crafting my own house (not just filling it up with stuff). Playing DF: UW and love the exploration and crafting, but the inability to plop a house down where you want kills me. Wurm is great except the grind. I don't want to dig holes and fill them in for 5 hours before I am competent at digging holes. Doesn't have to be a MMO although that would be my preference. 

Thanks for your time and thought!

DJ

Comments

• JakzyJakzy Member Posts: 68
    I will say it ahain, check out Gloria Victis! use my link below, you will not be dissapointed
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to download the game. Is it released or vaporware?
    It's still in pre alpha testing, you have to donate 10 usd to take part (which they REALLY deserve), they will send you a download link.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Recommend a game thats in alpha and the OP has to pay too? Pffft......Try out Xsyon...That seems to be the main one where the former Wurm players end up.
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

many of the voxel based games that are in development or releasing are creating more realistic graphics.

blockscape is a good example, albeit its also in alpha, but you can download a trial to just play around with for free.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

Originally posted by Theocritus
    Recommend a game thats in alpha and the OP has to pay too? Pffft......Try out Xsyon...That seems to be the main one where the former Wurm players end up.

Just told him to take a look, nobody said he has to pay if he doesn't want to, simply stated the option. It's an indie team that work their asses off to complete their vision with almost 0 budget, so don't tell me they don't deserve it. It's attitudes like yours that currently screws the genre. Anyways take a look at this OP http://gloriavictisgame.com/images/featuress.png