Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I preordered the game but Gamestop isnt giving any early codes.

DritheDrithe Member UncommonPosts: 55

I preordered Final Fantasy 14 a few days ago. I was suppose to get a number to give SquareEnix so I could start 8 days earlier than the rest of humanity. I noticed that I didn't get a code on my receipt. WHen I asked why I was told that Gamestop stopped giving them quite a while back.

Does SE know about this? Is it just Gamestop? What is going on? I cant get a straight answer from Gamestop uppers or SE.

End of line.

Comments

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445

http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/games/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-collector-edition-with-bonus/316741?loc=bestsellers_row2_col1

right from the gamestop /  eb site, i dont see any m,ention of 8 days early, so i assume it was a limited time offer.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn/109633

though when input into google it does indeed say they were offering it, probobly because its so close now to release...?

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• Thunder073Thunder073 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Should not buy through Gamestop, should always directly purchase from developer or these things happen.
  • striderbobstriderbob Member UncommonPosts: 174
    It amazes me that people still go through Gamestop
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Never ever go to gamestop for PC, they screwed me on 2 early access codes.
  • rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236
    Originally posted by striderbob

Never had a problem with the one I go to.  Ordered every single collectors through them and it's been a solid experience.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by striderbob

At the Gamestop I go to I actually know the people working there (helps that I'm a console gamer), so I have no issues with any of my pre-orders

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    Yeah I have zero tolerance with Gamestop ... no code on reciept, no preorder. I support them now and then because I hate all this digital crap thats going around but they screw up ... a lot.