Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UI navigation in FFXIV: ARR - PC build?

Like many, many others, I got the failed version of FFXIV in 2010.  Of the terrible experience I remembered from that thing, is the terrible UI, designed for console gameplay, instead of a true keyboard-mouse PC platform.  The navigation menu was simply atrocious for me.  I do not play platform games, btw.

So, since ARR is also gonna launch with PS3 crossplatform, can beta testers share their experience with playing on the PC, specifically if the UI feels unoptimised for keyboard and mouse?

Thanks!

Comments

• ImpsyImpsy Member UncommonPosts: 53
    It's much better than before. Easy to use, and easy to rebind. I would definitely say it's optimized for the PC.
  • EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    I also played version 1.0 and the UI was horrible. I am pleased to say that the UI on both the controller and keyboard and mouse is top notch now.
  • NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    UI is amazing.  Menu's can be confusing at first and the map is different that what we're used to but it's all very usable once you wrap your head around it.
  • DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371
    The UI is also 100% customizable, plus the basic layout is nice, very well placed.
  • RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480
    My only complaint is the map.  The map still needs work.  However, after you use it for a little while and get used to it, it'll suffice.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

whith the map, there gona be adding some kind of quest symbol on the edges of the map if the quest isn't on your current map. That way we'll beable to see which way to head to get to the quest. They adding that for phase 4.

edit: there also adding to beable to scale the UI, between 3 different sizes, small, medium, and large