Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last 6 hours of 50% off SALE

GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

There are so many reasons to be taking advantage of this 50% off Steam sale while it lasts, Darkfall UnholyWars is an entirely new and refreshing game for those who play themeparks and a blast from the past for those who've enjoyed past PvP-based titles.

Player run economy

Player housing

Player built cities

Full loot, True action combat, brutal world

One massive non-instanced world, hand crafted

Arguably the best PvP in any current MMO

Weekly content updates

Less than 6 hours before 50% sale runs out. Try it.

Comments

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    +1
  • DalaimocDalaimoc Member UncommonPosts: 29
    worst game ever. full of cheaters, bugs and a useless company running it. wouldn't touch it, if i was paid to play it.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by Dalaimoc
    worst game ever. full of cheaters, bugs and a useless company running it. wouldn't touch it, if i was paid to play it.

Really? Because it sounds like you've not played it.

• druezdruez Member UncommonPosts: 120

I took the plunge with the steam sale.  I like DF1, but the bugs and hacks and interface were all pretty bad.  I'm glad I did, I'm having a blast.  They did a good job with the safe zones for new players, allowing you to build your character a bit before getting stomped.  There is a good mix of afk style playing (gathering/crafting), with active playing as well.

I'm having fun and definitely worth the $20.00 and a sub.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    is the game demanding ''hardware speaking''?
    Originally posted by pupurun

Yes it is, unfortunately!

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665

yeah, the engine is still pretty poorly optimized, so you still need a pretty good machine to play it at reasonable frames, down the line with more patches, hopefully the PC required will come into line with what you are acctualy seeing on your screen, not to say it doesnt look nice, just not nice enough for the computer you need to play it well right now.

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    If you have the cash no reason to not try one of the best mmo of the year. It is very different.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

The poor optimization coupled with the sub-par crafting (better than WoW and with more impact on the game world but still not deep enough for me) makes this a no buy for me as I am going to have to rely on my laptop come autumn and that ain't no alienware rig (it can run mostly anything on minimum but poor optimized games like DFUW make it chug frames too badly for a PVP game).

Good luck to everyone who enjoys the game, may it live to achieve its true potential :).

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Only if you participate in sieges.  Very CPU dependant.  Other than that the game plays well on older machines.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    I bought Darkfall before all this Unholy Wars thing. Do I need to buy the game again if I want to play?

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669

The game has some great ideas, but after playing for a few weeks I've found it to be optimized poorly and not really worth my time.  The combat may be action based but it felt like I was playing a game from the early 2000s, it get's the job done but is not really fun at all.  Game is full of exploiters and bots, and is a paradise for macro users which isn't cheating to a lot of people but to me personally I think any kind of macroing is cheating. I understand that they are easy to set up and use, but I think a game should be played the way it was meant to be played. 

All in all it has some great ideas and most issues I have with it are fixable, I just don't see it happening as Aventurine is one of the more incompetent companies I have had the pleasure of buying a game from, not to say they don't care I just don't think they have the ability to make the game they wanted to make.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by Torcip

The game has some great ideas, but after playing for a few weeks I've found it to be optimized poorly and not really worth my time.  The combat may be action based but it felt like I was playing a game from the early 2000s, it get's the job done but is not really fun at all.  Game is full of exploiters and bots, and is a paradise for macro users which isn't cheating to a lot of people but to me personally I think any kind of macroing is cheating. I understand that they are easy to set up and use, but I think a game should be played the way it was meant to be played. 

All in all it has some great ideas and most issues I have with it are fixable, I just don't see it happening as Aventurine is one of the more incompetent companies I have had the pleasure of buying a game from, not to say they don't care I just don't think they have the ability to make the game they wanted to make.

Why would you macro in DF:UW ?

Also i play it on a i7-920 with 2,6GHz...this rig is 4-5 years old and irun the game with 80 FPS and in sieges with  30-40.....yes the graphic is not 2013 but 2013 games dont offer large battles in a loading screen free world.

• GGaFxGGaFx Member Posts: 151
    Damn i missed the sale on steam. F*ck 
  • gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Game is available at full price!

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    If anyone was looking to get this but missed the Steam Sale drop me a PM.
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

I'm interested

Thanks

• alexnobalexnob Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Only if you participate in sieges.  Very CPU dependant.  Other than that the game plays well on older machines.

Sax, so sad to hear that, my computer is terrible, no graphic card and dual-core CPU, anyone can play with a slow computer?

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by Niburu

Also i play it on a i7-920 with 2,6GHz...this rig is 4-5 years old and irun the game with 80 FPS and in sieges with  30-40.....yes the graphic is not 2013 but 2013 games dont offer large battles in a loading screen free world.

Well, I have a much stronger computer than yours and I was lucky to get above 50 anywhere in the game, hence why I believe it's poorly optimized, especially for how it looks. I can play WvW in GW2 and stay above 60-70 almost always. And in FF14 it doesn't matter how much shit is going on around me, i don't drop below 90. This game needs to work on it's engine.

Originally posted by Niburu

Well, I have a much stronger computer than yours and I was lucky to get above 50 anywhere in the game, hence why I believe it's poorly optimized, especially for how it looks. I can play WvW in GW2 and stay above 60-70 almost always. And in FF14 it doesn't matter how much shit is going on around me, i don't drop below 90. This game needs to work on it's engine.

One massive continuous world, FPS aiming and a lot of physics = highly demanding on a computer. There's a reason why other developers have stuck to tab-combat, without physics and small instanced zones - because it's a lot less demanding for the user and the server.

In games like GW2/Aion, too many players and they will simply be invisible... was aweful in Aion to not even see 90% of the people you're fighting in the same room.

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480

I bought this game during the steam sale and haven't been able to get into it. I normally don't care about the graphics, however the character models are hideous.

But onto the real problem. I found the controls to be too sluggish and unresponsive. The delay between when I press a button and the action is carried out is just ever so slightly delayed and it annoys me greatly and for me is a game breaking problem. I want crisp, clean and responsive controls.  This problem is what killed Duke Nukem:Forever for me when it finally came out. The controls for the game were just trash.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

Originally posted by Raunu

I bought this game during the steam sale and haven't been able to get into it. I normally don't care about the graphics, however the character models are hideous.

But onto the real problem. I found the controls to be too sluggish and unresponsive. The delay between when I press a button and the action is carried out is just ever so slightly delayed and it annoys me greatly and for me is a game breaking problem. I want crisp, clean and responsive controls.  This problem is what killed Duke Nukem:Forever for me when it finally came out. The controls for the game were just trash.

What's your ping?

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 432
    The game is worth about 1$ and even if it had a f2p model would still be worthless. Optimized like shit runs like crap.....lag still constant crashing and mem leaks ....the list goes on .......This is just like DF1 with regards to bugs, exploits, hacks and the like .....they made the "new" prowless gains to stop people from grinding to max in no time... well that's failed big time, day two after release people already had 40,000 now you will see people with 200,000 or more, any chance new players had just got shot down.  I am not talking out of mee bum either I speak from having played it from beta till a few weeks ago...false patches (patches that have nothing of value to anyone or not having what they claim it would). AV is one of the worst company's I have ever seen in the mmo biz they make ToR/EA look like gold. That all being said waste your money how you like but this is one I would have to say save it. Yes its open pvp and full loot and all that but when all you do is die to some 100,000 prow guy and you have all of 2k it gets old fast...I shut down both my accounts of over 40k prow and thats it. After years of paying for DF1 praying they would fix it then this its like a slap in the face and a kick in the !@#!$. To those fanboys that love this game so much GL and hope you find a better game soon AV needs to go bankrupt.

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Just logged in to check. The problem seems to be gone now. Perhaps something was downloading in the background before. I guess I'll give it a try!

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    They can run this game on a 50% off sale forever but they will never get my money, as a company they are clueless IMO.

Asbo