Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Nothing could appease the haters.

VutarVutar BaghdadPosts: 773Member Uncommon

It is the same names for every game. The same people show up to each new games forum and bash it. They speculate and trash the game before any details are out and then when details are released they ignore what they were wrong about and bash what is announced.  In August SOE could announce that they  have discovered a way to allow players to physically enter the world of Norrath and the haters would complain about the weather.  Just as their is no way EQnext could ever meet the expectations of the hype being created, they could also never meet the expectations of the haters.

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member

Isn't that a nice balance to the "lovefest" from those who say "This game is GREAT!" knowing just as much as the doubters (not haters)?

It seems if someone brings up a worry or doubt, you think they "hate" the game. Sometimes, this may be true. Bringing up possible negatives is not hating, just speculating like the fanboys do.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 19,998Member Uncommon

Pot meet kettle...or 2 sides of the same coin.

Nothing can convince the wide eyed fanatics that there could ever be anything wrong with a game.

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Somewhere Out There, PAPosts: 2,320Member Uncommon
    The obvious is strong with this one.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• TorcipTorcip Sterling Heights, MIPosts: 669Member
    Just ignore them, this isn't really helping. You're giving them the attention they want. That's why they do it.
  • StonesDKStonesDK SomewherePosts: 1,805Member
    One can't exist without the other.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Vancouver, BCPosts: 4,818Member
    Originally posted by Torcip
    Just ignore them, this isn't really helping. You're giving them the attention they want. That's why they do it.

I don't know if it's all just attention. It seems more like a burn out with an uncontrolable addiction. They're addicted to playing games but thier negative attitude has poisoned their experience to the point where they no longer have any fun.

• VutarVutar BaghdadPosts: 773Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Pot meet kettle...or 2 sides of the same coin.

Nothing can convince the wide eyed fanatics that there could ever be anything wrong with a game.

Why do you need to? Who made it your mission in life to do that?

• killahhkillahh calgary, ABPosts: 437Member

relax fellas,  the hype train still has another 2 weeks togo and another 100 km /hr to get up to. :)

and yes, course the haters will hate, if fact due to the nature of boards in general, the more successful  a game seems, the more it will draw haters to it.

so laugh, have fun, drink rum, and remember, the only person  who make the choice to play or not play a game is you, so be more informed please than listening and quoting a bunch of blathering buffoons :)

cheers

Gonada Dahung,over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting....Please Lord, let someone make a game that had all the awesomeness of UO, EQ and EVE...

• DejoblueDejoblue Youngstown, OHPosts: 296Member Uncommon

I understand hating SOE what I do not understand is purposefully coming here and raining on the parade and actively posting negative comments on EVERYTHING, there are quite a few of those posters. move on, get over it. I am not on the WoW forums posting how I hate WoW and Blizzard screwed me over and hating. Really sad, sad people.

Ignore them , block them, and have your fun, that is what I do. # anti SOE/hater posts and you are blocked.

• BearKnightBearKnight Augusta, GAPosts: 461Member
    Originally posted by Vutar

It is the same names for every game. The same people show up to each new games forum and bash it. They speculate and trash the game before any details are out and then when details are released they ignore what they were wrong about and bash what is announced.  In August SOE could announce that they  have discovered a way to allow players to physically enter the world of Norrath and the haters would complain about the weather.  Just as their is no way EQnext could ever meet the expectations of the hype being created, they could also never meet the expectations of the haters.

No, it is HIGHLY ignorant and overall a BAD idea not to question and criticize where criticism is needed.

Everquest 3 has the potential to be the best MMORPG ever made for Sandbox players, however left & right SOE are making bad decisions that threaten its overall survival.

1st Mistake, using a "phasing" population engine that PS2 uses. Not being able to see everyone on screen == worst mistake ever in an MMORPG.

2nd Mistake, "Free-To-Play" ripping out the heart and soul of the game whilst simultaneously inviting kids whom aren't mature enough to even be online let alone in a AAA product.

3rd Mistake, Making the "Artstyle" a sylized WoW-clone.

You instantly call people a "Hater" when they're simply voicing VALID concerns over mistakes SOE are making. That doesn't make us/them haters.

• GinazGinaz Calgary, ABPosts: 1,731Member Uncommon

Sometimes, "haters" are just responding to things like this:http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/390718/EQNext-will-be-the-biggest-MMO-in-history.html or this http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/390606/EQN-is-the-last-hope-for-this-MMORPG-genre.html.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• VutarVutar BaghdadPosts: 773Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by BearKnight

No, it is HIGHLY ignorant and overall a BAD idea not to question and criticize where criticism is needed.

Everquest 3 has the potential to be the best MMORPG ever made for Sandbox players, however left & right SOE are making bad decisions that threaten its overall survival.

1st Mistake, using a "phasing" population engine that PS2 uses. Not being able to see everyone on screen == worst mistake ever in an MMORPG.

2nd Mistake, "Free-To-Play" ripping out the heart and soul of the game whilst simultaneously inviting kids whom aren't mature enough to even be online let alone in a AAA product.

3rd Mistake, Making the "Artstyle" a sylized WoW-clone.

You instantly call people a "Hater" when they're simply voicing VALID concerns over mistakes SOE are making. That doesn't make us/them haters.

I instantly called people hater where and for what? Sounds like someone feels a bit guilty here.

• StonesDKStonesDK SomewherePosts: 1,805Member

It's also highly stupid not to question the critics and their criticism. Specially since a large part of it is all about "evening the score" rather than legit concerns

• TillerTiller Portland, ORPosts: 4,921Member

Vocal ones yeah. Most people who dislike a game just silently move on. I'm interested in this game so no hate here. We will see how it all pans out.

SWG pre-cu vet, elder Jedi, elder BH -Bloodfin

• TelondarielTelondariel Ottawa, ONPosts: 1,001Member

I think, on this forum, you are confusing criticism with "hating".  I have yet to see any haters here.  Honestly though, I've seen you in a similar thread that is paralleling this one and it seems like you are needlessly stirring the pot.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Rohnert Park, CAPosts: 848Member
    Originally posted by StonesDK

It's also highly stupid not to question the critics and their criticism. Specially since a large part of it is all about "evening the score" rather than legit concerns

I've not seen any  "evening the score" that you claim is happening. I HAVE seen some concerns over the cash shop tho. Now that is just pure hate...right?

• winterwinter El Paso, TXPosts: 2,276Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Telondariel

I think, on this forum, you are confusing criticism with "hating".  I have yet to see any haters here.  Honestly though, I've seen you in a similar thread that is paralleling this one and it seems like you are needlessly stirring the pot.

Well with no real news on EQN the guys just probably bored as hell and as you say stirring the pot to keep things lively (semi anyway) till Aug 2nd or 6th or whatever new date SOE sets.

• krulerkruler PerthPosts: 340Member Uncommon

I am really looking forward to the EQN reveal etc etc but at the same time I have some big doubts, the worrying art reveal, not seeing an Iksar and not seeing an IKSAR.

So im neither hyped as such or be hating, I am right where I should be, sitting on a fence, sipping whisky and waiting.

There is no God, there is no Devil, nor Angels and Demons, there is only us, surely thats bad enough, for no creature is able to commit such acts of hate and love, sometimes in the same day.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,590Member Uncommon

And I suppose you are perfectly fine with threads titled:

EQNext will be the biggest MMO in history

This discussion has been closed.