Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Beta 4 Registration Information

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix has announced that registration for Beta 4 for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will close on July 30th. Players who previously applied and obtained access have until that date to register for the fourth beta. Players who took part in previous beta events are automatically included in this beta phase.

Until Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 9:59 p.m. (PDT)

* If your beta code has not been registered by the above date and time, you will need to resubmit your application at the Beta Tester Application Site once Beta Test phase 4 begins.

Those who have yet to apply, be sure to visit the Beta Tester Application Site.

To register your beta code, please click here.

Get started at the links above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Can't wait for the release...

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

I applied for Beta a few weeks ago, I never got a beta code. Will they be sending out a new wave of codes for open beta?

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I love how this game goes live in 4 weeks and thats still not soon enough haha

• BlackaftermathBlackaftermath Member Posts: 32
    i was a part of Beta 3 so i have a code, does it automatically work for phase 4? do i have to reinstall the game? when does phase 4 start?
  • Samuel107Samuel107 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    just curious where did you hear about this news?
  • Keg0413Keg0413 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    From everything I've read, if you were in a previous beta, you will automatically be in phase 4.  They will probably send out information for downloading the new client (yes delete your old one because it won't work) after the application due date (July 30).  I'm guessing sometime shortly after that (9th of August or so) the preorder/early access site will go up and let you register your code for goodies and headstart.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

To quote one of my favorite Christopher Lambert movies-

IT HAS BEGUN!

• RyvellaRyvella Member UncommonPosts: 21

To clarify. Signing up for beta phase 4 is no longer possible. They have closed it untill phase 4 launches. If you already received a beta key you can still use it to register untill mentioned date of July 30th.  And yes everyone who was in phase 3 will automaticly be in phase 4.

Edit: This was basicly SE giving everyone a deadline for signing up and registering their codes because they're closing the process temporarily until phase 4 starts. It wasn't saying the registration process begins now since it has been open for a long time. It was posted last friday on the lodestone.  Link for reference http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html

• BlackaftermathBlackaftermath Member Posts: 32
    is this writer trying to say phase 4 is open right now and goes  on until july 30th?
  • MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

If you were in Beta phase 3. Your already set for the next phase.

Relax. This is for people who had a code and didn't register it. (for whatever reasons)

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

Signing up for Beta closed on July 22, 2013.

If you received a beta code in the mail, you have until July 30, 2013 to register it.

If you ever played any phase beta before phase 4, you're automatically in phase 4, BECAUSE that would have required that you register a beta code.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Edited for clarity. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• HejietHejiet Member Posts: 49

Quick Question: I purchased the game when it first came out, do I have to purchase it again in order to play when it goes Live?

If no, will I get early access?

Thanks for responding.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    Originally posted by BadSpock

To quote one of my favorite Christopher Lambert movies-

IT HAS BEGUN!

Mortal Kombat? :)

On-topic : Wasn't BETA 4 supposed to be Open Beta for...everyone?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• RyvellaRyvella Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by Hejiet

Quick Question: I purchased the game when it first came out, do I have to purchase it again in order to play when it goes Live?

If no, will I get early access?

Thanks for responding.

Everyone who bought the game back in 2010 will have the new version too. You don't have to buy it again. However you will not get early access. That's reserved for those who pre-order the new box and legacy members.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Have they given a date for beta 4 yet?

• SkaioverrideSkaioverride Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Originally posted by Blackaftermath
    i was a part of Beta 3 so i have a code, does it automatically work for phase 4? do i have to reinstall the game? when does phase 4 start?

Did you even read?

"Players who took part in previous beta events are automatically included in this beta phase."

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    @BadSpock And here I thought I was the only one who liked the movie Mortal Kombat.
  • HejietHejiet Member Posts: 49

[mod edit]

Thanks for answering my question.

• Rizon538Rizon538 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    This report is complete as far as it goes. The 30Jul cutoff is for people who received a code for Beta 3 but did not use it for whatever reason. It also allowed Ver 1.0 who did not apply for a code to receive one prior to the 30 Jul cutoff date. As per SE's full announcement the Beta application site will reopen on the first day of Beta 4 for all those players who failed to apply for a code or are new to the game to join in Phase 4 Beta.

Registration Period:

Until Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 9:59 p.m. (PDT)
    * If your beta code has not been registered by the above date and time, you will need to resubmit your application at the Beta Tester Application Site once Beta Test phase 4 begins.

• PigazPigaz Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Blackaftermath

1. From Lodestone: For those who have registered a beta code by Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:59 (GMT), you will automatically be accepted to participate in Beta Test phase 4 (final Beta Test).

2. From Beta Tester ForumsBoth the Windows and PS3 clients used for beta test phase 3 cannot be used for beta test phase 4 or official service. Please delete the client at the end of this beta test phase.

3. From Beta Tester ForumsThe beta test phase 4 schedule will be announced at a later time.

• PigazPigaz Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Have they given a date for beta 4 yet?

No, they haven't.

New character creation benchmark is scheduled to be released on August, 1st. Next Letter from the Producer LIVE is scheduled for August, 8th. Beta Test Phase 4 is expected to start on August, 9th (but they haven't oficially give any date yet).

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Grakulen
    @BadSpock And here I thought I was the only one who liked the movie Mortal Kombat.

I've never seen the sequel, so my memories of the first are untarnished.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I hope the phase 4 client will be the same as launch.

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by Rizon538

This report is complete as far as it goes. The 30Jul cutoff is for people who received a code for Beta 3 but did not use it for whatever reason. It also allowed Ver 1.0 who did not apply for a code to receive one prior to the 30 Jul cutoff date. As per SE's full announcement the Beta application site will reopen on the first day of Beta 4 for all those players who failed to apply for a code or are new to the game to join in Phase 4 Beta.     Registration Period:  Until Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 9:59 p.m. (PDT)

Not quite.
    Its also for people who doesn't participate on previous betas but applied for phase 4 before july 22nd