Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Cutthroat Politics to Go Live Today

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Later today, Guild Wars 2 players will be able to embroil themselves in political machinations when the Cutthroat Politics update goes live. During the event, players will be able to 'campaign' for either war hero Ellen Kiel or the prominent merchant Evon Gnashblade to fill a seat on the Captain's Council of Lion's Arch. The winner will have a direct impact on the game world.

Enter into the Candidate Trials alone or with a group in support of your chosen candidate. You’ll test your battle skills by facing off against waves of Aetherblade pirates – hold out for as long as you can to earn Support Tokens and loot! The challenge is great, but so are the rewards – you may even earn a rare chance at an Aetherized weapon!

Find out more on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    I like Ellen Kiel more, but Evon Gnashblade gives us better content and rewards.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    I like Ellen Kiel more, but Evon Gnashblade gives us better content and rewards.

Very tempting, but I trust Ellen more than Evon (listen to me, talking about trusting fictional characters).

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• GothurGothur Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Evon is lying. My vote goes to Elen. Why ? I know her, she helped us in Southun and Dragon Bash. Evon is just a corrupted trader that wants our money.
    Originally posted by Gothur
    Evon is lying. My vote goes to Elen. Why ? I know her, she helped us in Southun and Dragon Bash. Evon is just a corrupted trader that wants our money.

And he's a Gladium, so that's two strikes against him.

• RamadonisRamadonis Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Gothur

That would actually be hilarious, if Evon ended up getting the vote. He promised us an interesting Fractal...but lied about it, just to get our votes.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Evon cant be trusted hes from Black Lion Trading Compan :P
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Ellen all the way. 
    Originally posted by Mithrandolir
    Ellen all the way. 

Great, now I can't get the idea that Ellen and Elin (the race from TERA) are pronounced exactly the same out of my head.

• delateurdelateur Member Posts: 156
    Love the comments! Looks like Ellen is the way to go. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I said it in the game and I'll say it here, I hate Ellen Kiel.  Why?  Because she's yet another cardboard GW NPC in the tradition of Master Slowgo and Kormir.  ANet finally introduces an underhanded, rude, asshole of an NPC and people vote him down.  Oh well, they tried.  People just like boring characters, and if she wins, we'll just get boring content.