Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So where does this game stand..

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I have been playing this game at release, or was it open beta that felt like release, anyway progression and characters where meant to be saved. 

Now with people sick at home and having a teachers long vacation, i decided to spend some time in the d&d universe again, after all, i read alomst all the novels till 5 years ago or so.  

So i jumped back in, to find my lowly characters from release deleted and gone, when did this happen? Or did i get hacked.

Found some fun foundry quests and enjoyed them, as i allways enjoy being evil in games. And this did make me wonder, how much did the game improve over these months.?  The anoying camera position that was one of the things for making me leave was still there. 

So is there anyone that can tell me how they improved the game ever since open beta, what was added ( certainly not the promissed classes and races) and what was debugged, improved, ballanced and repaired? 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

You probably got hacked, unless you were playing in the closed beta? 

They added a new profession (alchemy) and Gauntlgrym. No new classes, which I think has really hurt the game. 5 classes just isn't enough, they promised that 3 were close to completion when going into beta.

FYI, you can change the camera zoom manually and set two preferred distances to mouse scroll up and mouse scroll down, just look it up.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by evilastro

You probably got hacked, unless you were playing in the closed beta? 

They added a new profession (alchemy) and Gauntlgrym. No new classes, which I think has really hurt the game. 5 classes just isn't enough, they promised that 3 were close to completion when going into beta.

FYI, you can change the camera zoom manually and set two preferred distances to mouse scroll up and mouse scroll down, just look it up.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?209522-Instructions-to-set-up-your-mousewheel-for-camera-zoom

if you mean this procedure, i think when something like this is necesarry to get standard feutures its bad gamedesign.  

On the other hand if options like this allow for new awesome features, its good design. 

Meaning they created a scripting tool, but did not figure out it is to much for most people to even use

sp any more new things that anyone spotted in the game since release?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)