Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I pre-ordered darkfall unholy wars

SquidgerinoSquidgerino Member UncommonPosts: 13

To try out the beta.  And Aventurine was kind enough to set up a recurring billing plan after launch without even asking me.

Just realized that I've been being charged for every month since launch and I'm not even playing the game. BTW their customer support sucks, there is an obvious language barrier.  Anyone else had this issue? 

Comments

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

From what I remember when I did the pre-order it was pretty plainly stated I was setting up a subscription (for when it went live).   Had to provide all the info etc to do the pre-order.

When I logged into the beta after a bit I decided I really didn't want to play.. so I logged into my account and cancelled the subscription (I definitely remember doing that).   Never was billed...

Maybe you just missed the part about setting up the subscription or maybe it was a web page issue that I didn't have.   I can't comment on their Customer Support because I never dealt with them.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Was made plain and clear there would be a recurring charge added...
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    If you are just now noticing the charges shame on you. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Yea i remember i had to manually click unsub to not get charged after 1 month.

But i remember there was a shaddy part about when free time ends too. For a long time and just few days before the´free time ended  and them  charged  subscription  they had a wrong date about when sub time starts.

Something like "You next time will be charged  at 10 June" or something but they charged middle of may. Shaddy.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by xpiher

$15 is easy to miss on a card statement in some places. Where I live that's the equivalent of a large meal at McDonalds.

Originally posted by evilastro

$15 is easy to miss on a card statement in some places. Where I live that's the equivalent of a large meal at McDonalds.

A fool and his money are soon parted. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by Squidgerino

To try out the beta.  And Aventurine was kind enough to set up a recurring billing plan after launch without even asking me.

Just realized that I've been being charged for every month since launch and I'm not even playing the game. BTW their customer support sucks, there is an obvious language barrier.  Anyone else had this issue? 

Yes I did.  I tried to find an unsubscribe option on the web pages and sent emails, no response at all.  Fortunately I had used PayPal to make the original purchase and PayPal cancelled the payments for me.  I still have heard nothing from the Developer. 

This has lead me to put the company in the same category I put emails from Nigerian scammers.

• iFruitiFruit Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Bought this shit of a game on Steam summer sale. Had to spend about 10 min to find where the fcking sub gets turned off. I feel for OP really, but even 10$ for this gobspit is too much. Definitely goona stay away from this cashgrabbing noname garbage developer in the future.
    Originally posted by iFruit
    Bought this shit of a game on Steam summer sale. Had to spend about 10 min to find where the fcking sub gets turned off. I feel for OP really, but even 10$ for this gobspit is too much. Definitely goona stay away from this cashgrabbing noname garbage developer in the future.

Blame steam for the subscription set up since they handle it completely, AV has no part of the steam billing system. 

Why is the game a POS? You 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by iFruit

i think open world PvP MMORPGs isnt something for you

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by evilastro

It's being irresponsible.

Get skimmed small amounts each time and not looking at your bank notes/account is the best way to go to the Poor House.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• showtime1101showtime1101 Member Posts: 2

well I pre-ordered this game and got perma banned without any reason(never played this game since launch)

Oh well lesson learned

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by showtime1101

well I pre-ordered this game and got perma banned without any reason(never played this game since launch)

Oh well lesson learned

I got a statue of Taso's in the mail when I pre-ordered.

Ohh well lesson learned.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by showtime1101

Oh well lesson learned

i bet you simply failed at some point. maybe charged the money back and forget about it or whatever