Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is so easy to level cap?

NeutronicsNeutronics Member Posts: 5

Hiyas,

I was browsing this forum and came across this post that seems to me is a player that reach the level cap of 60 within 3 days of launch:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/view/forums/thread/388276/Level-60-GWF-looking-for-help-and-suggestions.html

Now, I could be mistaken; I havent d/l this game yet, but is this game that easy that a no-lifer can level cap within that period of time?  I mean, level 60 IS the cap, right?  Beyond that, its just item grind?

Comments

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    Level cap is really easy to get to.  Also since items are all BOE you can easily get the best equipment, although they are working to change the all items BOE.  I played for 3.5 weeks about 1-3 hours a day and got capped with the best of everything.  I did make a lot of money in crafting which is why I was able to get the equipment easier, but still while it is a really fun game there isn't a lot of content other than the foundry.  However for a few weeks of fun it is worth the price which is nothing.
  • kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

There are always people that rush to the level cap in any game, and games cannot balance the game around those people.

Also, the release was on the 20th, but there was not a character wipe after the last phase of open beta, so there were a lot of people at, or well on their way to the level cap, at release.

That said, the leveling in the game IS a bit to quick, then they need to tone it down a touch.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Yea, it is WAY too easy to level up.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Some deep MMos in my opinion need a slow level curve..

But in this case a more action oriented game, fast leveling is okay, and most of the endless content comes from the foundry anyway.  And its available at any level.  max level is where the developers want you to be, and spending your money...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• page975page975 Member Posts: 312

You would need wayyyyy more content if they slowed down leveling. Developers don't like to give a lot of content anymore.

They like to make money on box sales and cash shops. They don't even care if you stay past 30 days.

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

But in this case a more action oriented game, fast leveling is okay, and most of the endless content comes from the foundry anyway.  And its available at any level.  max level is where the developers want you to be, and spending your money...

The problem is not how fast you get to the level cap. The problem is that you out level the content.

After seeing how fast I leveled with my first character, i deliberately avoided doing foundry missions, killing extra MoBs, and anything else that might level me too fast, and i still out leveled the content. 

The bigger problem, is that you out level the dungeons and skirmishes very quickly and you can no longer queue up for them.  I want to be able to run the zones, and be able to run the level appropriate skirmishes and dungeons multiple times before out leveling them, and that just wasn't happening even when trying to avoid excess leveling.  A lot of dungeons/skirmishes I only got to run once, and some I may have missed altogether. By the time I completed the zones and got the mission to go to the dungeon, I had already out leveled the dungeons, and could no longer queue for them.  

On top of blowing past dungeons and skirmishes too quickly, I also hit the cap 2 zones early, so my level 60 was getting level 52-54 gear for loot.  Some thing needs to be done to lower the XP gain for a better player XP.  It can still be fairly quick, just a bit lower than it is currently. 

The problem could partly be the XP for praying at shrines is too high.  Maybe they need to reduce that.  I would have avoided that too, if it wasn't for the AD and other items that you also get.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by kiern

The problem is not how fast you get to the level cap. The problem is that you out level the content.

After seeing how fast I leveled with my first character, i deliberately avoided doing foundry missions, killing extra MoBs, and anything else that might level me too fast, and i still out leveled the content. 

The bigger problem, is that you out level the dungeons and skirmishes very quickly and you can no longer queue up for them.  I want to be able to run the zones, and be able to run the level appropriate skirmishes and dungeons multiple times before out leveling them, and that just wasn't happening even when trying to avoid excess leveling.  A lot of dungeons/skirmishes I only got to run once, and some I may have missed altogether. By the time I completed the zones and got the mission to go to the dungeon, I had already out leveled the dungeons, and could no longer queue for them.  

On top of blowing past dungeons and skirmishes too quickly, I also hit the cap 2 zones early, so my level 60 was getting level 52-54 gear for loot.  Some thing needs to be done to lower the XP gain for a better player XP.  It can still be fairly quick, just a bit lower than it is currently. 

The problem could partly be the XP for praying at shrines is too high.  Maybe they need to reduce that.  I would have avoided that too, if it wasn't for the AD and other items that you also get.

Then leave some content for alts,,,

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Then leave some content for alts,,,

I already have alts, that is how I know that I out leveled dungeons and skirmishes. The problem is that an alt is going to out-level them just as quickly.

You should never out-level content that easily.  It is ridiculous how fast you can out-level content.  You can out-level a dungeon, or two, in a single evening of playing.  That is just too fast.  Plus, it is absolutely no fun playing in mission areas several levels below your character level.