Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is like the ES single player games, will surprise the doubters!!!

Comments

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by Iselin

Originally posted by NeoGen85 Azzamasin, this isn't going to be your MMORPG and it's obviously not your TES game...  
    And yet... I'm willing to bet you he will be there in the open beta with the rest of us.
    Never said I wasn't.  Again my only intention is to showcase the faults, perceived or not the game will have.  I am tired of playing an MMO for a few months then having to quit because the endgame sucks or there is nothing but more of the same at the level cap.  I used to be extremely hyped for the game and to a degree I still am.  The only reason I "bash" the game is to hopefully influence more people to speak out about shortcomings because the Devs have already proven to listen to the community by changing 1st person as well as adding exploration of the 2 alternate factions.  Hopefully they can change the game's endgame too.

no matter how much complaining you do, this is not going to be a game you can play the same character for years, its just not.

i don't see what they could possibly change to make it any different in that regard. just except it for what it is, it will be a game that should be fun for a few months at least, which is more than i can say for any single player game that will likely be the same price or cheaper.

Sad I really want a return to a game that can be played for years.  So tired of MMO's lately.  In the 2+ years Since I've quit WoW I have never stayed in an MMO longer for 4 months.  Rift, Gw2, TSW, Neverwinter, etc. etc.

Finally you wrote something I can somewhat agree with. SImilar to you, since WOW I have yet to play a game even close to the length of time i spent there, but that is probably because that was my first MMO when it was released and before that I mostly played console games. EQ2 kept me a little, like 5-6 months, Lord of the Rings Online about 6-9 months, most others about 1-5 months. The more I play these games, the more I start thinking Ill be playing a lot more console games again when the PS4 comes out for the first time in 10 years. I may even play this on the PS4, not sure yet. It depends how irritating the aim is, but since its soft aiming and not like Skyrim, maybe the controller will work fine for my normal long range characters so I am not in a major disadvantage versus melee (which is normally why I prefer PC for aiming with a mouse). Anyway, I'm hoping this game keeps me for at least 6 months, but I cant make any judgement whatsoever at this point without playing it. They still have at least 8 months to go. I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed out into the summer.

There Is Always Hope!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Sad I really want a return to a game that can be played for years.  So tired of MMO's lately.  In the 2+ years Since I've quit WoW I have never stayed in an MMO longer for 4 months.  Rift, Gw2, TSW, Neverwinter, etc. etc.

I hear you man, but that just doesn't happen any longer. You blame the games themselves for that while I believe it's all about the constant barrage of new releases and our fickle dabbling nature.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

I hear you man, but that just doesn't happen any longer. You blame the games themselves for that while I believe it's all about the constant barrage of new releases and our fickle dabbling nature.

It took me a while to come to grips with but I disagree with you on that its a constant barrage.

I look back at Asheron's Call, DAoC and WoW, the games I have played longer then a few months and all of them have something in common.  They offer content and things to do that are not combat or PvP related an they all strive to build strong social interaction through various non combat activities.  It's why I have come full circle on EQN and hope and pray that the sandbox elements in that game are enough while still retaining some of the more fun aspects (for me) for an MMO.  Hoping the MMO elements are good enough and innovative enough because I fear that unless we have the best of both worlds that game will not capture my attention either.  I.e. having a tab target 6 hotbar MMO is not what I want out of EQN so hopefully the traditional MMO elements have been implemented in such a way to give me hope going in.

I'll still hold out hope for TESO and hope they can add in elements that make the game fun for me but I will not and can not stay silent with the direction the game is going.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149
    Why the hell Zenimax is repeating all the time now that this game is NOT a MMO but a multiplayer game. I don't get it, most of the known features are typical for MMOs. Do they have to hide something?
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I just watched a video and yes it does look and feel just like ES, can't wait. I got faith in this dev team.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by Betaguy
    I just watched a video and yes it does look and feel just like ES, can't wait. I got faith in this dev team.

If it's the same video that I think then your kidding yourself if you think this is anything remotely similar to a Skyrim.  If it's the 10 min leaked video from last weekends test then I know your fooling yourself.

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Betaguy

If it's the same video that I think then your kidding yourself if you think this is anything remotely similar to a Skyrim.  If it's the 10 min leaked video from last weekends test then I know your fooling yourself.

pffft whateves bub

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by Anireth
    I do not really want an MMO to be like a single player game.

Ditto. 

Tried it and took me 2 years of MMO stagnation because I was exactly like the OP a year ago because I was hopping from one shiny new MMO to the next.  I used to be a doubter like the OP and demean people for saying the things I say now but I did not understand what they meant and it took me 3 MMO's in 1 year and a quick wakeup call from an E3 announcement to understand what they were saying.

What are you even talking about?

I've tried every MMO that has come out, none are any good compared to what ESO will be. GW2, Neverwinter, TERA, etc., etc. Oh and BTW, WOW I played it back when it was actually good and it can't compare in any way to what ESO has to offer.

My point in this thread was to say ESO will be a game that when you play it, you feel like you are in the Elder scrolls world, instantly you will know, "this is elder scrolls." I said that because of all the fools on here that try to say it can never feel like the "real" elder scrolls games(the single player ones).

Nothing I said was meant to make it seem like the MMO will feel like a single player game at all lol. It meant that Zenimax will capture all that makes the single player games fun and make them as fun, but in a multiplayer world. They won't leave any of the important things out.

You guys that just sit there and talk about articles and video clips need to just stop gaming if all you can do is gripe and moan all day about games you have never even tried. Seriously, if you hate all games, get a new hobby.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by velmax
    Originally posted by khameleon

I feel so bad for people that just talk bad about every game coming out, they have no fun, they play "troll forum mmo" while others enjoy games daily.

I haven't broken any NDA, everything I said has been announced in the past, but I do already know the game will be great, how? You can guess that.

Like I said, wait and see or you can just talk bad and skip the game without trying it I guess and play forum mmo the rest of your life.

The mmorpg forum is pointless to post anymore, only trolls run this site! Trolls that will always hate on any game.

sadly this seems to be so true here. What are some other sites that might be better to use..

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423

All I can say is this game will surprise the doubters, everything they are saying about the game being cheap, nothing like the 1 player game and about the graphics, etc.  all wrong.

It will have top notch graphics, top of the line animation, voiced npcs and all the good stuff from the 1 player games where it lets you pick everything up, read stuff, search bookcases, everything is there.

Are you breaking NDA or are you trolling?  For your sake you better be the latter.

Lol, or what happens, is the NSA going to come after him? Here's a clue about breaking an NDA in beta... no one gives a flying shit. 

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

Based on personal experience, I know some of you are right and some of you are wrong.

At this point it's pointless to argue with anyone in regards to the game. The only thing I will say is, wait until the game is released and then see for yourself.

I also wouldn't recommend judging the game based off of leaked material.

Don't forget there's a public playable demo of ESO at the Bethesda booth at QuakeCon early next month. That should generate plenty of interesting videos and conversations.

All I can say is this game will surprise the doubters, everything they are saying about the game being cheap, nothing like the 1 player game and about the graphics, etc.  all wrong.

It will have top notch graphics, top of the line animation, voiced npcs and all the good stuff from the 1 player games where it lets you pick everything up, read stuff, search bookcases, everything is there.

Are you breaking NDA or are you trolling?  For your sake you better be the latter.

So says the guy who created a thread yesterday with links to the latest "dumb-ass-plays-ESO-beta" video... complete with atrocious recording quality and multiple compression artifacts... a thread that has now been deleted.

Not adverse to abetting NDA violators when it suits your purpose of casting ESO in a bad light are you? Hypocrisy much?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat

Based on personal experience, I know some of you are right and some of you are wrong.

At this point it's pointless to argue with anyone in regards to the game. The only thing I will say is, wait until the game is released and then see for yourself.

Don't forget there's a public playable demo of ESO at the Bethesda booth at QuakeCon early next month. That should generate plenty of interesting videos and conversations.

I'll be playing the game at GamesCom and asking proper questions of the devs.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Anireth
    I do not really want an MMO to be like a single player game.

all of them do that already. You dont need a group anymore..... which is sad, and lame.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    Originally posted by velmax

I feel so bad for people that just talk bad about every game coming out, they have no fun, they play "troll forum mmo" while others enjoy games daily.

I haven't broken any NDA, everything I said has been announced in the past, but I do already know the game will be great, how? You can guess that.

Like I said, wait and see or you can just talk bad and skip the game without trying it I guess and play forum mmo the rest of your life.

The mmorpg forum is pointless to post anymore, only trolls run this site! Trolls that will always hate on any game.

Sad but true...

I remember years ago this site was the best place to find MMOs and discuss game mechanics.

Now its a flame war

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    I think this is the reason why the doubters are doubting it. TOR was also played like a single player game.  Some didn't like it , some did. Should be a fun game regardless, TES has really good lore.
    Originally posted by medafor
    I think this is the reason why the doubters are doubting it. TOR was also played like a single player game.  Some didn't like it , some did. Should be a fun game regardless, TES has really good lore.

Which AAA themepark released in the last 5 years can not be played as a single player game? GW2? TSW? NWN? I can't think of a single one that can't be soloed from level 1 to max level by anyone determined to do so.

There's nothing unique about ESO in this respect--you guys are paying way too much attention and actually misinterpreting that hype from the devs. What they're actually saying is that it looks and the combat feels very, very close to Skyrim... so please, go have your debate about cheesemakers vs. manufacturers of all dairy products somewhere else where it actually makes sense.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744

Which AAA themepark released in the last 5 years can not be played as a single player game? GW2? TSW? NWN? I can't think of a single one that can't be soloed from level 1 to max level by anyone determined to do so.

There's nothing unique about ESO in this respect--you guys are paying way too much attention and actually misinterpreting that hype from the devs. What they're actually saying is that it looks and the combat feels very, very close to Skyrim... so please, go have your debate about cheesemakers vs. manufacturers of all dairy products somewhere else where it actually makes sense.

Talking to the wrong person, just stating what I see in the threads discussing this. As I said should be fun regardless. Question you should be asking is "Which AAA themepark released in the last 5 years has full voice acting, cutscenes and phasing? GW2? TSW? NWN?" 

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

^ This! Still looking forward to trying it at GamesCom.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

Talking to the wrong person, just stating what I see in the threads discussing this. As I said should be fun regardless. Question you should be asking is "Which AAA themepark released in the last 5 years has full voice acting, cutscenes and phasing? GW2? TSW? NWN?" 

All 3 :)

Personal stories, cut-scenes,voice acting and phasing are all old news. it's been a standard requirement since SWTOR started the trend: they all have it now.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165

I think ESO would work if a large portion of the content was instanced.  Meaning picking a lock to a house, entering the house, being able to interact with those people ect.

I know everyone hates instancing, and I do love open world games, but there are some cases where instancing works well.

I don't want it where every barrel is looted of all cabbages, every house broken into already, everything already rummaged through ect.

I just hope they retain racial bonuses, complex character progression, and a good story with a lot of variables...also the searching everything and picking wildlife.

If they do this and retain the ESO gameplay, just making the open world part public, I think it will be a good buy.  I just pray they don't wreck it and make it f2p.

Until the day I can explore hundreds of Point's of Interest per zone and the removal of all vestiges of quest hub design is implemented then it'll never look and play like a Skyrim to me.  Right now this is the case.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you dig Elder Scrolls then you should be shouting at the rooftops for exploration centric open world content like you did for 1st person combat inclusion and the ability to visit the other 2 faction territories.  To me this design is crucial for an Elder Scrolls feel and if you disagree then you're being hypocritical.  Right now there is a strong evidence to support the game plays more like a quest hub linear MMO then it does an Elder Scrolls Game.

Originally posted by SavageHorizon

I know you probably do not like anything I ever post but can you please ask them if they plan on increasing the density and number of open world "Points of Interest" (POI's) to reflect the number and quality seen in the single player games?

Did those arguing for proper TES First Person Combat wait for release to see if it was in game for themselves?  Did those arguing for the ability to visit and explore the opposing faction areas wait for release to see if it was in game for themselves?

• StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165

Until the day I can explore hundreds of Point's of Interest per zone and the removal of all vestiges of quest hub design is implemented then it'll never look and play like a Skyrim to me.  Right now this is the case.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you dig Elder Scrolls then you should be shouting at the rooftops for exploration centric open world content like you did for 1st person combat inclusion and the ability to visit the other 2 faction territories.  To me this design is crucial for an Elder Scrolls feel and if you disagree then you're being hypocritical.  Right now there is a strong evidence to support the game plays more like a quest hub linear MMO then it does an Elder Scrolls Game.

Simply put, if the game deviates too much from the reason people love elder scrolls games, its just going to be another big budget large IP flop.

I hope they understand this.  Having a real Elder Scrolls game online with the ability to play with others ect would be fantastic...I don't even care is 90% of the same is single player via instances...it still would be a fantastic game.

Problem is when you put the mmo in front of RPG they tend to think MMO stand for "dumb it down as much as possible, remove choices that matter, make everything fast and easy, remove every bit of progression possible, and make combat suitable for people who have only played facebook games before"

I don't think achieving this is going to be easy, and I hope they keep this game in the oven for as long as it takes to basically give us an Elder Scrolls game just like we love, only with a world populated by online people.  Don't care how they do it, id imagine every house, dungeon, bandit hide out would have to be instanced.  And world shrubbery, butterflies, ect would have to respawn...but the lack of static mob spawns, random encounters that can end in multiple ways...the exploration...I think they can do all of that.

Problem is it wont be much of a group based game, but im ok with that.   They could add endgame hamster wheels and pvp repetition as well as a few dungeons meant for multiple players (dungeon scaling?)