Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Of everything new, why still no new Meta Chest Events in the game world?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

This is something I dont understand. Why wont Anet add new Meta Chest events to the game world?

For All Level Ranges as well.

These events tend to bring players together from all level ranges to a location for what mimics Raid content.

Problem is, there are so few of these, and some not well liked by the community.

They never seem to get positive updates beyond loot related issues.

Why havnt Anet added more?

whats holding them back?

I thought Events were the focus of the game, yet still no new Meta Events added to the game.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    They have, actually. As a matter of fact, they recently added the big one on Southsun with the Queen Karka.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022
    Originally posted by Volkon
    They have, actually. As a matter of fact, they recently added the big one on Southsun with the Queen Karka.

THIS. Another example of more of actually playing the game [mod edit]

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Also said they were giving all the champions throughout the game a daily chest reward like you get from the bosses i believe or something of that nature.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

There are enough meta events with chests to occupy most of the time you'd be logged into the game.

Take a look

http://us.gw2stuff.com/en/events/jade-quarry

• YaosYaos Member UncommonPosts: 153
    All champions will get meta-event chests before the end of the year. Is that enough for you?
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    They're changing it so you get rewards from "common" Champions, giving people more reason to actually kill the ones just sitting there.  Also, I don't get what you mean by "for all levels".  You can conceivably fight the Shadow Behemoth at level 5 if you don't get hit, and every Meta event gives you loot for your character's level.  That's the magic of downscaling.
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    ...tsk tsk tsk.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I just read this again.  MMOExposed doesn't play this game, that's obvious.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

This is something I dont understand. Why wont Anet add new Meta Chest events to the game world?

For All Level Ranges as well.

These events tend to bring players together from all level ranges to a location for what mimics Raid content.

Problem is, there are so few of these, and some not well liked by the community.

They never seem to get positive updates beyond loot related issues.

Why havnt Anet added more?

whats holding them back?

I thought Events were the focus of the game, yet still no new Meta Events added to the game.

Because A-net dropped the traditional way of giving players content.  They experimented with Living Story after the first Southsun update.  Ever since then, we've only gotten one, which was recently added a couple months ago (the Karka Queen), and soon they will add more throughout the world.  It's just too bad they took close to a year to add new ones.  I really wish they focused more on these world events though, and made them a lot harder where people actually fail them.  I rarely see them fail, because people server hop using guesting, and then they get zerged thus trivializing the event.